Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you read people's posts based on the picture on their avatar?

Vulcan

Pretty much as the title goes, 

is the voice you use in reading someone's post based on their avatar.

Mostly doing this for curiosity ^ ^

Edited by Vulcan

Depending on the avatar, yes. :3 It is kinda fun doing that. XD Sometimes I may not know what voice the character has so I then make up my own, that is also fun. : D I even read my own posts in a sort of Button Mash version of my own voice. 

• Brohoof 2

Yes I do, although I don't mean to. I just scroll and see an image that looks interesting and read it. It also helps if I recognize the avatar as someone I know on the forums. I always stop at Vinyl Scratch avatars though.

• Brohoof 1

I tend to read it in my voice, unless I think it plays a strong relation to their icon (for example, if they were Pinkie pie or Princess Luna when she is yelling, someone whose voice you can't just forget). Someone like Flutter shy or celetsita, I don't really that that have *that* memorable a voice and would read it in my own voice in my head.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I suppose I should put in my two cents as well ^ ^

If you're a girl, depending on your Avatar, personality and age, the voice in my head is either:

Marceline, Princess Bubble gum, any of the Mane Cast,and  Mabel from gravity falls, there are a few others as well but those are just the main ones I use.

If you're a guy , I usually just use my own voice in varying pitches and accents depending on the age and avatar. though If I happen to know you a lot more, I tend to switch to a voice more suited to your personality, Dapper charmer for example is heard in Danny phantom's voice.

TLDR: your avatar does affect my voice of you but only to a certain extent ^ ^ 

Edited by Vulcan

Sometimes I do and it's funny depending on the character.  :lol: 

I saw this one comment of a guy with a Fluttershy avatar raging at someone for not liking Family Guy. He got all crass and it's just funny to imagine Fluttershy getting like that.

I seriously wonder how many people do that for me? Do people seriously imagine I sound like Pinkie. Because mimicking Pinkie's voice would murder my voice.

• Brohoof 1

I saw this one comment of a guy with a Fluttershy avatar raging at someone for not liking Family Guy. He got all crass and it's just funny to imagine Fluttershy getting like that.

Oh my goodness XD

:angry:  HOW COULD YOU NOT F*#KING LIKE FAMILY GUY?!!  :angry:

• Brohoof 1

The only time I ever read people's posts is if they quote me, mention me, or if i'm genuinely interested in what people have to say about the topic. 

• Brohoof 1

* i read peoples posts mainly based on their avatars, yes, but i do still read others regardless, i just read them... a bit too fast, unless it's a post directly aimed at me.

• 3 years later...