Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mario3D13

Super Bowl 50 is in the record books, and after the dust settled, Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos came out on top. What are your thoughts on the 50th edition of the Super Bowl? Personally, I think it wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be, though Von Miller put on quite a show, forcing 2 fumbles from Cam Newton. The second half was quite boring, IMHO.

It was extremely and utterly boring. Even as a non-football fan, I can still get somewhat excited about this game, but this time I questioned why I even bothered watching it. So it was just 4 hours of boringness and a bunch of commercials. Not exactly exciting for me. 

• Brohoof 3

Really just have to hand it to that Broncos defense. I gave them a lot of crap last year for not playing well, and then they come out and play fantastic all season. Really proud of how they played in the two most important games of the year. They came to play and they deserved that win. I'm glad Peyton's last game (Yes, he will be retiring :P) ended up as a superbowl win.

• Brohoof 2

Was rooting for the Broncos and glad they came out on top. Great sendoff for Peyton Manning. Really close and great game for both teams even though Panthers started slipping

As for the commercials, for the most part they were pretty meh with a few funny ones here and there(favorite was the Doritos commercial), but it was still a huge improvement over the pretentious garbage they had last year

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 2

I felt, though slightly lackluster for a Super Bowl, it was a decent game nonetheless; lots of hard hits. Good to see Peyton end his career on a high note; he's an old man now, especially as an athlete. Also, he tied up his brother for Super Bowls won; and given the current state of the Giants, I don't think that's going to be changing.

But still, decent game. Highlights include several ball strips and recoveries, the longest punt return in U.S. history, and that really entertaining jump play that ended in a touchdown. :catface:

Also, (not so) good to see that Beyonce still has absolutely no modesty whatsoever. :eww: But it was also the most appropriate I have ever seen Lady Gaga and she sang The Star Spangled Banner beautifully.

• Brohoof 2

I only watched the last 10 minutes, even though thr Broncos were bound to win anyway.

I don't care for football.

I did see the half-time show, though.

That was kinda cool.

I'm just glad I didn't bet on it. I swear Carolina should have won in theory.

You made the right decision. Never bet against the league's #1 defense.

Decent game, if a bit sloppy with few offensive highlights. The Denver defense put on another great performance. I still think their team was lucky to get here, but they made the most of the opportunity.

And the commercials were actually okay this year, overall. Standouts were the Toyota Prius car chase and the Heinz one with all the wiener dogs. Very cute.

• Brohoof 1

Guh...this game really tipped me on the edge. I swear...my dark side was running wild and...ugh...heartbreak and anger from me. Even my friend was getting upset...but one thing I have to say about this game, was that the refs were completely biased. Just about every call was on us! For what?! Pathetic...

Anyway...next year...

Oh, and the halftime show was spectacular this year. The one thing that cheered me up. Though I must say, Beyonce needs to tone it down...she was a little on the edge...but Coldplay...just absolutely amazing...

Edited by C. Thunder Dash

It looks like I'm not the only one who thought Carolina was going to win. I agree w/ everyone else on it being boring. It's like the last time Denver was in the Super Bowl, but this time, Denver won. Unlike the last game though, I had things to be excited for. The fact that Seattle was in it, and that it was in my home state. I liked last years game, even though New England won, since it was actually exciting, and it seemed like both teams had a chance, while in this game, it didn't seem like Carolina had a chance, nor did it seem like Denver had a chance back in 2014.

Edited by Trixie Heartstrings

Tough game on both sides. Lots of turnovers and flat offense, but the Strip-6 by the Denver D-line on Newton was a memorable highlight. On top of that, it was great to see Peyton finally catch up to his little brother with a second SB win and go out on top with one of his best teams ever.

The game, commercials, and halftime were an overall, unequivocal meh. Most commercials were rehashed, tired, and formulaic, the only ones I found interesting being from Pokémon (inspiring and new), Avocados from Mexico (amusing, even if it needed a wash-up like Scott Baio), Jeep, and Audi (Apollo + David Bowie + R8, enough said). Coldplay is about the most vanilla popular act you can have for a Super Bowl halftime.

I got more entertainment out of the pregame than most parts of the event itself, seeing all the MVPs come together was beautiful, and all the tributes to past Super Bowls were amazing.

Edited by Wind Chaser

Am I the only one who thought Eli Manning didn't look so happy in the family suite there at the end.

Sad I didn't get to watch playoff holes of the Phoenix Open.

I enjoyed Pokemon, Prius, Avocados, Doritos, Apartments.com and Budweiser. The super bowl babies song with Seal was pretty cute too.

Very happy that Peyton got one final ring in a storied career. Great Denver defense plus a stunned Cam Newton and Panthers. Forced fumbled huzzah.

• Brohoof 2

Am I the only one who thought Eli Manning didn't look so happy in the family suite there at the end.

Sad I didn't get to watch playoff holes of the Phoenix Open.

I enjoyed Pokemon, Prius, Avocados, Doritos, Apartments.com and Budweiser. The super bowl babies song with Seal was pretty cute too.

Very happy that Peyton got one final ring in a storied career. Great Denver defense plus a stunned Cam Newton and Panthers. Forced fumbled huzzah.

Yeah, Eli didn't look too amused. This year was rough on his team.

If this Super Bowl Babies thing is true, I imagine Denver is getting busy enough to keep Maury in business for the next few years starting right now.

• Brohoof 1

Deserved win for Denver. Cam not diving for that fumble will be replayed many times I'm sure.

I saw that xD

• Brohoof 1