Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Do you vape?

Rainbow    Dash

• 5 months later...

No, I don't vape. I don't plan on ever vaping either. My mom is a nurse, and she always tells me when it comes to smoking or inhaling anything, the only thing you should be putting in your lungs is oxygen. That's what they were made for. I'm going to follow my mom's advice and not stick anything that's not oxygen into my lungs. Also I'm not interested in wasting my money on that sort of stuff either.   

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

Is vaping better than smoking? :o

I've heard that if your a smoker then vaping can be better because it can help you get off of your reliance on nicotine, but if your a non-smoker to begin with then vaping can be bad for you, some people who vape recommend that non-smokers who want to start vaping don't. But I don't vape or smoke myself, this is all just stuff that I've seen around or read in this thread :catface:

Just now, King of Canterlot said:

I've heard that if your a smoker then vaping can be better because it can help you get off of your reliance on nicotine, but if your a non-smoker to begin with then vaping can be bad for you, some people who vape recommend that non-smokers who want to start vaping don't. But I don't vape or smoke myself, this is all just stuff that I've seen around or read in this thread :catface:

I saw a guy vaping once, and I thought it was some illegal drug thing. It was this pipe looking thing, and a lot of aroma smoke came out of it, kinda like someone wearing too much "Eau de Toilette" :eww: Difficult to breathe around it.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Super Splashee said:

It was this pipe looking thing

Maybe it was a bong or something? Those kinda look like long pipes sometimes :huh:

2 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

Difficult to breathe around it

Oh yeah, smoking or vaping or anything of that sort is super gross. I can't stand it either Comrade :scoots:

• 5 months later...
On 5/13/2020 at 12:59 PM, Splashee said:

Is vaping better than smoking? :o

There are no conclusive evidence about it.

At first we thought vaping was safer, because vaping works in a similar way as of nebulizations. You know, we make fluids go from liquid to gas without applying high temperatures so people can breathe the fluid. Nebulizations can be good for people and most often are used as part of medical treatment for a good amount of breathing related problems.

However, later on we found cases of people developing severe deseases in their lungs. So the first thing we thought of was that vaping was the problem. That because vapers use aromatic compounds and some add ons to make vapes flavored. All these aromatic compounds have a ring of bencene connected to esters. Bencene on itself is cancerigenous, but usually innofensive when on an aromatic compoud (else we all would get cancer from eating any sort of fruit xD).

However, research couldn't relate the use of vapes to lung problems, given there was a looooot of other risk factors on the patients, such as air polution and so.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...