Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Synopsis for S06E04 and S06E05 revealed

Mesme Rize

(edited)

Hi guys - Ward here. So, thought I'd say that yes, these are real titles and synopsis for these episodes. 

In fact, one of them is the first episode I storyboarded! 604, actually. ;)

Edited by wardomatic
  • Brohoof 11

A Spike episode this early in the season? Bold move! Let's hope it pays off and washes out the bad taste of "Princess Spike" from my mouth.

Spike travelling to the Dragonlands does seem to indicate the theme of S6, "Explore Equestria."

Great news today with these two episodes synopsis are revealed this week!

The fourth episode: the Cutie Mark Crusaders returns! And the fifth episode: a Gauntlet of Fire sounds "amazing" for Spike!
:D

Okay, i have the Spike Episode packed. I know exactly what is going to happen.

-Spike has a fallout with the ponies

-Spike thinks that the ponies don't care about him

-Ponies get kidnapped

-Spike saves them

-Spike realizes how important ponies are to him...again

The end.

If I wasn't dreading this episode before, I am now. The Mane 6 are gonna be trivialized in order to make him look good, and I hate that. It's embarrassing. 

Yeah the CMC episode sounds legit.

Gauntlet of Fire In order to save his friends, Spike is forced to compete in a perilous Gauntlet for the title of Dragon Lord.

Are you serious? Dragon Lord Spike? We all know what happened the last time Spike was involved in a large competitive event...

Exhibit A:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bTwxYScTic

Exhibit B:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeuzblW_vEU

Edited by Roughshod
  • Brohoof 2

Oh look, another CMC episode where they do something...seems like Season 6 is not gonna be cliche at all...yeee-

WAIT

SPIKE

SPIKE IS GONNA GET A MAIN EPISODE ONLY FOR HIMSELF?

OK I REGRET THE SARCASM

SEASON 6 IS NOT GONNA BE CLICHE AT ALL

At this point I'd take a "Spike saves the day" episode over a "Spike screws everything up" episode by a long shot. Guy doesn't get enough respect. I mean, sure, I don't want the mane six relegated to damsels in distress, but can we at least have some fewer episodes that make Spike the butt of every joke or black sheep, and more moments like Spike melting the ice cloud? :)

• Brohoof 2

I try to stay positive. After the CMC's, Flurry Heart, Maud, Starlight Glimmer and Spike had their episodes, there will certainly be episodes i actually care about.

19 eps still to air on May. I already count the finale out.

A baby dragon becomes "dragon lord". I call bs. -.-

I'm not surprised by the spike episode idea: he's the Poster child for the guardians of harmony series after all, and they said there was an episode that inspired the "hero items" from that line this season, so I'm betting this is it.

That being said, Trying to wrap my head around the "Dragon lords" plot here. Like, I could see it happening if the map sent the group to the dragon lands and spike was meant to do something there. But the problem is, the Map is tied to the mane six's cutie marks. So spike being summoned doesn't seem like something the map would do.

Howdy folks!

I like these upcoming episode info that came out.

Glad the CMCs are getting another episode and now they have their Cutie marks they try to figure what ta do next.

Hope Diamond Tiara & Silver Spoon are in it.

And YES! A Spike Episode.

As long as he gets inspiration from a certain fashionista ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsPsrKk5RP8

Im ok with this.

Or better yet he saves the mane 6 and gets kisses from all of ponies.

(And gets his face coated in lipstick)

Gosh I'll :lol: if that were ta happen.

We'll wait & see.

See ya!

• Brohoof 1

I think that the CMC episode will be great, and I am super excited to see their continuation story! As far as the spike episode, I typically don't expect too much because hey normally aren't anything special; however, the title and synopsis for the spike episode actually sounds really good! I have high expectations for it and think they could do something really cool with it!

If I wasn't dreading this episode before, I am now. The Mane 6 are gonna be trivialized in order to make him look good, and I hate that. It's embarrassing. 

A baby dragon becomes "dragon lord". I call bs. -.-

I'm staying positive for the moment. We'll see how it goes when the episode airs. Here are my thoughts on how a possible plot might go, which should avoid both of those cliches:

• For some reason, the Mane 6 get summoned to the Dragonlands. We don't know yet what is the driving force behind "Explore Equestria," perhaps it will be explained in the season opener?
  • Spike insists on coming along, or maybe he's afraid to go but the Mane 6 convince him to attend because they figure having a dragon around would be a wise move? Either way, they all end up going.
  • Dragons, already suspicious of ponies and their magic in general, notice the baby dragon raised by them, and accuse them of egg poaching (which is made worse when Twilight admits to being the pony who hatched him). It's just like how the cops don't care if you're driving your friend's car and they find drugs - you're the one who gets in trouble. So the Mane 6 get thrown into a dungeon as egg poachers.
  • Spike insists they're his friends and demands they be released, but the dragons refuse, surmising he doesn't see how they've turned him away from his dragon heritage because he was raised by his captors, so they dismiss his claims and say they're going to re-train him to be a real dragon.
  • During his first lessons, he learns some of their laws and that only a Dragon Lord can pardon his friends.
  • Spike decides to run the Gauntlet to try to become one, and fails.
  • The dragons are moved by his devotion to his friends and he was telling the truth about loving them all, so they are all released.
  • Dragons apologize and realize ponies aren't as bad as their dragon folklore has taught them and it creates new ties between the two species.

Of course, we don't really know what the test is like, so there are some ways I can think of that make it believable for Spike to pass the test of the Gauntlet. I suppose if the test is designed for adult dragons and Spike's small size gives him a big advantage (perhaps a 13-16 year old dragon should be a lot bigger by now?) maybe that would be a believable way for him to become a Dragonlord?

Or perhaps a completely different angle could allow Spike to succeed: Maybe he decides he has to greed growth again to succeed at the test - that could be an interesting conflict for him because he really hates being a raging monster.

Or maybe during his training for the Gauntlet he greed growths, and starts kicking the asses of all the dragons, and they are forced to release the Mane 6 so they can stop his rampage?

If he does succeed at the test, I guess that means his new full title will be "His Great and Honorable Dragonlord Spike the Brave and Glorious."  :lol:

That being said, Trying to wrap my head around the "Dragon lords" plot here. Like, I could see it happening if the map sent the group to the dragon lands and spike was meant to do something there. But the problem is, the Map is tied to the mane six's cutie marks. So spike being summoned doesn't seem like something the map would do.

Yeah this is till a mystery. Of course, the show can pretty much come up with any reason for the Mane 6 to visit anywhere. But like I alluded to above, the season opener may make things clearer. I guess I'm less concerned about the how and why the Mane 6 are there compared to what happens after they get there.

One thing I see as being somewhat implausible is how could the Mane 6 (especially Twilight) get imprisoned without it being easy-peasy to escape? Do dragon's have anti-magic tech?

I suppose one possibility is that even if they did escape, Twilight would have to come back with reinforcements to rescue Spike from the dragons, which would probably start an epic pony-dragon war. And Twilight is probably even less inclined to start a war with dragons than she was with the yaks.

But the believability is still pretty tenuous. We'll see...

One thing I see as being somewhat implausible is how could the Mane 6 (especially Twilight) get imprisoned without it being easy-peasy to escape? Do dragon's have anti-magic tech?

I suppose one possibility is that even if they did escape, Twilight would have to come back with reinforcements to rescue Spike from the dragons, which would probably start an epic pony-dragon war. And Twilight is probably even less inclined to start a war with dragons than she was with the yaks.

But the believability is still pretty tenuous. We'll see...

The Synopsis says "Friends", it doesn't say "The mane six", yeah? Its possible its only a few of them and not twilight; Like how in The lost treasure of griffonstone it was just pinkie and Rainbow dash. And, while I hate to say it, The other 5 are small potatoes and easily stopped or imprisoned.

Plus, Adult dragons actually are quite a credible threat to alicorns: Remember that in the journal of the two sisters the dragon that stole the crystal heart broke out of celestia and luna's magical restraints spell (granted they were just kids, but still), so a group of what are called "The dragon lords" should be able to, as a group, curb stomp Twilight.

Or maybe during his training for the Gauntlet he greed growths, and starts kicking the asses of all the dragons, and they are forced to release the Mane 6 so they can stop his rampage?

I actually wouldn't say its implausible for them to introduce a magical macguffin that lets him grow to an adult to shill the Guardians of harmony adult spike toy. Or for twilight (If she's there) to use an Age spell to Grow spike into an adult.

Twilight said that only the highest level unicorns could do that spell back in magic duel, but its been 2 seasons and she's an *alicorn* now.

The Synopsis says "Friends", it doesn't say "The mane six", yeah? Its possible its only a few of them and not twilight

Good point. Of course, it's hard for me to believe Twilight wouldn't accompany him after what she, Rarity, and Rainbow did in "Dragon Quest". Unless it's another map quest that somehow(?) includes Spike and excludes the more powerful ponies in the group. (At which point I would surmise the map is actually trying to get the element bearers killed by sending the weak ones out alone with a baby dragon. :lol: )

Plus, Adult dragons actually are quite a credible threat to alicorns: Remember that in the journal of the two sisters the dragon that stole the crystal heart broke out of celestia and luna's magical restraints spell

I - Actually still need to read that...  :blush: 

I actually wouldn't say its implausible for them to introduce a magical macguffin that lets him grow to an adult to shill the Guardians of harmony adult spike toy. Or for twilight (If she's there) to use an Age spell to Grow spike into an adult.

Twilight said that only the highest level unicorns could do that spell back in magic duel, but its been 2 seasons and she's an *alicorn* now.

This. Right here. On both accounts, especially the part about introducing us to his latest grown-up form to help sell his $40 action figure.  B)

Good point. Of course, it's hard for me to believe Twilight wouldn't accompany him after what she, Rarity, and Rainbow did in "Dragon Quest". Unless it's another map quest that somehow(?) includes Spike and excludes the more powerful ponies in the group. (At which point I would surmise the map is actually trying to get the element bearers killed by sending the weak ones out alone with a baby dragon. :lol: )

I - Actually still need to read that...  :blush: 

This. Right here. On both accounts, especially the part about introducing us to his latest grown-up form to help sell his $40 action figure.  B)

I'd love for there to be a map episode that summons Spike. Just cause I wanna see how it's gonna signal him if he doesn't have a cutie mark.

Both sound like they have a lot of potential. "On Your Marks" looks like the logical next step in the Crusaders' character arc and should hopefully send them off to a new mission helping other ponies with their cutie mark issues.

As for "Gauntlet of Fire", there's the obligatory reservation for Spike episodes. However, if it's good, it has the potential to be "Dragon Quest" done right: embracing everything that makes Spike unique, showing what he's capable of, and having him be a valuable asset to the other characters and the show at large rather than a disposable tool symbolizing everything wrong with the show. If it misfires, however, then Spike officially becomes more of a lost cause than he was after "Princess Spike".

• Brohoof 2

I'd love for there to be a map episode that summons Spike. Just cause I wanna see how it's gonna signal him if he doesn't have a cutie mark.

Well he technically has a throne, just not a cutie mark :P

Could find some BS excuse to make his throne turn out to be magical and not just a consolation prize to him.

(At which point I would surmise the map is actually trying to get the element bearers killed by sending the weak ones out alone with a baby dragon. :lol: )

Honestly I have a hard time taking the map seriously at this point given how pointless its been (With the except of letting starlight time travel-- and "lets villains almost destroy the universe" is a very bad reason to exist IMO XD).

Its a HUGE step down from the EOH imo.

• Brohoof 1

Spike may finally reveal his true identity. What they've been hiding from us since day one.

Spike is actually the son of a dragon lord, and needs to complete the gauntlet to reign supreme, granting him access to dragon armies he will use to crush Equestria, and eat all its riches!

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, i'm really looking forward to Gauntlet of Fire! Hopefully we'll get more world building on dragons and their culture, as well as their land. Albeit i have a tad ill feeling that they will be once more portrayed as inherently evil greedy monsters, but i could be wrong and maybe we may see more good-natured dragons.

• Brohoof 1