Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A very very scary thought

Grtxkkyz

I got this from TVTropes:

Discord's prison weakens whenever the Elements change hands- er, hooves, to the point that anyone can walk up to him and break him free on accident. This previously wasn't a problem, since they were still partially attuned to Celestia the immortal sun god. But now they're attuned to ordinary mortals who will die one day...

Get it???

That is future Twilight's problem.

But seriously, Discord isn't even all that bad. I feel like he could actually be put to good use somehow, maybe another, more evil villain. *cough cough Season 3 Opener Idea cough cough*

• Brohoof 3

I love Discord! I didn't want him to be trapped in stone again, I wanted him to remain in power. It was so awesome to see him just shrug off all attacks on his life and also cotton candy clouds that rain chocolate milk!

Therefore, when the Mane 6 perish, his return would be glorious and his power would be unrivalled. It would be, to put it simply, beautiful to see him restored to his usual mischievous self.

All glory to the hypno-cord.

• Brohoof 1

The reason I don't think Discord is a good villain is because he pretty much will make the same mistakes. HE is basically has to as the element of chaos, to not think straight. Discord is cool, but he is not smart.

Maybe discord is the test for any new elements. When the mane 6 eventually die the element's power's will be passed on to some other ponies, and they'll have to stop Discord by using them. So actually, Discord does have a purpose.

And if they fail the test, they fail equestria, and will be stuck with discords curse forever. And if it gets to that point, the elements will be passed onto another group that will have to stop Discords rule and be Equestria's new hereos, if not new royalty members. Maybe that's how Celestia and Luna came into power, by using the power of the elements to defeat a worthy foe...

... it all makes sense now; Discord is the test taker, and all the equine citizens are the test subjects...

• Brohoof 2

If that's the case, then the Eements of Harmony might be passed on to their children or other successors possably. But that would mean that every few decades Discord would be set free so precautions would have to be made of coarse.

I'm a big big girl in a big big world.. jk I just have that song on my head for some reason..

Anyways, I don't get it. lol

Edited by Jokuc

Think legend of zelda, ganon (in this case discord) repeatedly has to be sealed away by link (mane 6), and the hero's descendants inherit the triforce of courage (elements of harmony) to seal away ganon again (well link doesn't actually use the triforce of courage against ganon, it just symbolizes that hes the hero). So the mane 6's descendants will inherit the elements of harmony so they can seal discord away again, then their descendants, then theirs, and so forth.

• Brohoof 1

It's always possible that once the Mane 6 pass the elements will again attach themselves to Celestia and Luna now that they are once again united meaning that Discord would likely escape only once more.

Think legend of zelda, ganon (in this case discord) repeatedly has to be sealed away by link (mane 6), and the hero's descendants inherit the triforce of courage (elements of harmony) to seal away ganon again (well link doesn't actually use the triforce of courage against ganon, it just symbolizes that hes the hero). So the mane 6's descendants will inherit the elements of harmony so they can seal discord away again, then their descendants, then theirs, and so forth.

Wow that's a really good analogy!

A scary thought indeed, however could make for a fantastic episode! I personally loved Discord's episode, I thought it all fit together very nicely and very well thought out.

Both season openers were fantastic, and needless to say, the Royal Wedding was pure epic, so hopefully season 3 will live up to the community's expectations. Hopefully S3's opener will be another Discord episode, that would make my pony life complete! Come on evil pony's, break him out so we get another Discord episode! xD

Doesn't seem like a scary thought. Seems like a brilliant thought!

Discord was fab, I mean CHOCOLATE RAIN!

But yeah, I reckon it will just be passed onto other ponies. And Celestia should make a law saying you can't argue near Discord's statue.

. And Celestia should make a law saying you can't argue near Discord's statue. [/font]

So it was the arguing that released him? I admit I didnt fully understand how discord broke free from his prison. If it is that easy to release discord then I don't doubt that we might see him again. I actually wouldn't mind having him as a recurring antagonist; I liked him as a villain.

Seems like a reason. I thought it was since Discord causes chaos and disharmony, it was the CMC that broke him out because they were fighting.

I thought that at first as well, but then during the exposition section of part 1, Celestia explained that since she and Luna couldn't wield the Elements of Harmony after the defeat of NMM and their coming into the custodianship of the Mane 6, Discord's prison had subsequently become weakened. So basically, it probably gradually weakened over the first year after the defeat of NMM; the CMC's argument was just the final catalyst triggering Discord's escape.

Also, I still find it hilarious that Discord gets placed in the garden, while Celestia's sister gets sent to the MOON!!!!!!!!!!!! But hey, that's Princess Trollestia for ya!

Posted Image

*ZAP*

... :blink:

Huh... it appears that, in my moment of hilariousness, I may have offended Princess Tro- I mean Celestia just the teensy tiniest bit; I appear to now be on none other than the moon. Let me just take a minute to process all of this... oh look, it's actually made of cheese!!! Well this isn't so ba- wait a minute *sniff sniff* oh no... it's all LIMBURGER!!! AHHHHH, IT SMELLS SO BAD!!! CURSE YOU CELESTIA... CURRRRRRSSSSSEEEEEE YOUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! :angry:*hack hack* OH GOSH IT SMELLS SO TERRIBLE!

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 1

Batbrony makes a good point, why not just banish him to the moon?

Certainly wouldn't have to worry about any fillies having a chaotic "Is not-Is too" argument on the moon. But hey, guess Princess Celestia was just feeling lazy that day and decided that Discord would make a lovely, and totally harmless, decoration in the garden instead; nice one Trollestia. B)

Posted Image

*ZAP*

"ROOOARRRRRRRR!!!!"

Hmmmm... darn that mouth of mine. Well it appears that Celestia has decided to send me some company on the moon... in the form of a ferocious fire-breathing dragon. If you'll excuse me now, I'll be running for my life :mellow: ... AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Edited by Batbrony

It may be another thousand years or more before Discord is released again. But that prison can't possibly last forever. Fear not, because harmony shall always stand against the chaos. If not, then there will always be the Power of Love. And if all else fails, bass cannon.

• Brohoof 2

It may be another thousand years or more before Discord is released again. But that prison can't possibly last forever. Fear not, because harmony shall always stand against the chaos. If not, then there will always be the Power of Love. And if all else fails, bass cannon.

*snort* Yeah, just don't count on Princess Celestia to help if Discord gets released again; all she'll be good for is being the exposition queen!!! Come to think of it, what was Trollestia up to during Discord's rampage throughout Equestria after she sent the Mane 6 to stop him?

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzpj1fT7acQ

Heheh, that's good ol' Trollestia for ya, supreme ruler of Equestria! Hey Trollestia, ya get some good *puts on sun glasses* tail while Discord was ****ing everything up? Hahahahahahahaha *ZAP* OH GOSH DANG IT WHAT NOW!?!?!

*peers out from behind moon Limburger rock*

It's... Pinkie Pie!! Well, that doesn't seem so bad... I mean for a second there I thought it was going to be something even worse than the dragon and... wait a second...

Posted Image

OH DEAR LORD IT'S PINKIE PIE FROM THE 'CUPCAKES' FANFIC!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - I really have to stop trolling Trollestia - AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Batbrony