Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anxious for the teaser trailer

TheAnimatorOfficial

It will really show what type of film this is. IMO Hasbro has to nail this in order to get people interested. If it surprises people, they'll rake in more viewers when it's released in theaters

They need to hire michael bay and meghan fox, stat :P

Though, in a serious sense, they probably won't have the trailers out for close to another year; its not going to be released until fall of 2017, and most movies have trailers released about a year before they air. So maybe this august or september.

Really though, when would be a good time time to do the first trailer? Big blockbuster action movies like transformers and TMNT usually air their teasers and trailers during the superbowl as a way to punch into the public's mind. But it doesn't seem like as good of a time to do it, as while FIM has a decently large adult fanbase (and they did do a small appearance in a previous super bowl) the trailer will still be primarily aimed at the target audience of small girls, and there's comparatively few that watch the super bowl.

They need to hire michael bay and meghan fox, stat :P

Though, in a serious sense, they probably won't have the trailers out for close to another year; its not going to be released until fall of 2017, and most movies have trailers released about a year before they air. So maybe this august or september.

Really though, when would be a good time time to do the first trailer? Big blockbuster action movies like transformers and TMNT usually air their teasers and trailers during the superbowl as a way to punch into the public's mind. But it doesn't seem like as good of a time to do it, as while FIM has a decently large adult fanbase (and they did do a small appearance in a previous super bowl) the trailer will still be primarily aimed at the target audience of small girls, and there's comparatively few that watch the super bowl.

THEY NEED A TRAILER BEFORE A MAJOR DISNEY RELEASE PERIOD

• Brohoof 1

While it's probably not going to be shown very soon, I am wanting to see the teaser trailer of the movie.

Or at least something to get me excited.

We still barely know anything when it comes to the movie or what it will be about.

another possible reason they might not have released a teaser by now is that they don't want it to overshadow Season 6 nor EG Legends of the Everfree :huh:

This.

I think it's too early to release a trailer for the movie. We're more than likely get the trailer after Legends of Everfree (assuming it won't get delayed... i hope it doesn't). I know a trailer for the movie would kill my hype for LoE a bit right now, so I'm okay with them not making/showing it just yet :)

Teaser before Moana in November would be good timing.

Yes I think I might expect to see a teaser around this time, and definitely another teaser or maybe even a full trailer in March 2017 before Power Rangers (as it's also being distributed by Lionsgate). 

Edited by Golden Star

Yes I think I might expect to see a teaser around this time, and definitely another teaser or maybe even a full trailer in March 2017 before Power Rangers (as it's also being distributed by Lionsgate).

No. They should do it before Beauty and the Beast.

Can't wait. I have no idea what is it gonna be about. I only know there would be lots of adventure!

I think the teaser is going to predominantly feature Pinkie making references or breaking the fourth wall. Then we'll get a longer comedic trailer, and finally a serious trailer that showcases the story.

I think the teaser is going to predominantly feature Pinkie making references or breaking the fourth wall. Then we'll get a longer comedic trailer, and finally a serious trailer that showcases the story.

Yay! Fourth wall Pinkie! I wonder how long would the movie itself be!

• 2 weeks later...

I won't care if the teaser says nothing about the movie. I just want to see what the animation looks like. Will be the same or highly increased like the Rugrats movie?

(edited)

I don't know...teasers show us precious little and simply let us know a movie is coming.

Heck, sometimes what's in the teaser isn't even in the final product... :unsure:

That said, it might still be a while before we get one. It's over a year and a half away, and I'm not sure how much footage they have yet, especially since they're still working on Season 6.

Edited by Jangobadass