Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will the My Little Pony movie (2017) be rated PG?

TheAnimatorOfficial

is it really going to be a big issue if the next My Little Pony Movie is a PG? I mean parents will be there anyways and I don't believe they can really do anything in a PG that will scare or influence the 5 or 6 year olds that will be watching the movie. 

is it really going to be a big issue if the next My Little Pony Movie is a PG? I mean parents will be there anyways and I don't believe they can really do anything in a PG that will scare or influence the 5 or 6 year olds that will be watching the movie.

It depends on the reason for the PG rating. MLP will probably be for darker elements, a la Big Hero 6, Zootopia, and HTTYD, but it still won't drive away little kids; it'll only expand the audience.

(edited)

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

The MPAA rating systems has long since devolved into a bad joke of a marketing tool and shouldn't be taken seriously (a lot of people don't seem to anyway) :P

I imagine it'll be PG ​because (bs) reasons, I'll take it for what it is when I actually see it, thank you.

Edited by Jangocoolguy

The rating, be it G or PG will make no difference whatsoever to who sees it.  Parents of children who watch the cartoon will still take their kids to see it if it's PG, because, even if they don't watch it themselves, they will still be broadly familiar with the level of content.  Bronies that are planning to see it will not be put off seeing just because it's G instead of PG.

Neither rating excludes anyone from seeing it, and neither rating will make someone want to watch it that wouldn't have wanted to watch it anyway if it was the other.

• Brohoof 2

The rating, be it G or PG will make no difference whatsoever to who sees it. Parents of children who watch the cartoon will still take their kids to see it if it's PG, because, even if they don't watch it themselves, they will still be broadly familiar with the level of content. Bronies that are planning to see it will not be put off seeing just because it's G instead of PG.

Neither rating excludes anyone from seeing it, and neither rating will make someone want to watch it that wouldn't have wanted to watch it anyway if it was the other.

If anything the PG rating will make more people see it.

Twilight's Kingdom did manage to get a Y7 rating for its intense action sequences, so....there is a slight chance. It depends on how far they take action sequences like that in the film.

The movie industry tend to think that if there's any form of action, no matter how slapstick, how simple, it will ALWAYS be rated PG.

How does Finding Dory make the MLP movie a PG? It makes no sense.

Yeah, the justification for the use of Dory specifically as an example is still puzzling to me. There are tons of animated features that wind up with a PG. Why pick Dory vs. UP or Lilo and Stitch?

• Brohoof 1

Twilight's Kingdom did manage to get a Y7 rating for its intense action sequences, so....there is a slight chance. It depends on how far they take action sequences like that in the film.

I've heard there will be a good amount of action.. so yeah PG it is.