Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How could this not be good?

Twireadbok

This is probably more for me than it is for all of you, but I must ask, how can this movie be anything less than amazing? The Stars all seem to be in alignment, we've got back Jayson Thiessen the former supervising director and executive producer, who has been with the show for five and a half seasons and the same familiar and dependable voice actors who have been the voice of the show since the very beginning. Plus, the celebrity voice talents of Emily Blunt and Kristin Chenoweth and possibly Michael Pena and Uzo Aduba, the info's right here in this article.

Considering the already great animation from DHX, the movie animation is bound to be even better.

To top it off, its being written by the show's very own Meghan McCarthy, whose writing has never been anything less than decent. I think the writing is going to be one the the most important parts, but based on McCarthy's track record I don't see how there could be any problems.

What do you think of the movie's line up? Will McCarthy's writing pull through? How could they possible screw this up? Is anyone as worried about this as I am?

This is probably more for me than it is for all of you, but I must ask, how can this movie be anything less than amazing? The Stars all seem to be in alignment, we've got back Jayson Thiessen the former supervising director and executive producer, who has been with the show for five and a half seasons and the same familiar and dependable voice actors who have been the voice of the show since the very beginning. Plus, the celebrity voice talents of Emily Blunt and Kristin Chenoweth and possibly Michael Pena and Uzo Aduba, the info's right here in this article.

Considering the already great animation from DHX, the movie animation is bound to be even better.

To top it off, its being written by the show's very own Meghan McCarthy, whose writing has never been anything less than decent. I think the writing is going to be one the the most important parts, but based on McCarthy's track record I don't see how there could be any problems.

What do you think of the movie's line up? Will McCarthy's writing pull through? How could they possible screw this up? Is anyone as worried about this as I am?

The only way they could screw this up is marketing it too much to little girls or Bronies.

Otherwise this could be the surprise hit of 2017.

(edited)

One such way is that the have a guy by the name of Joe Ballarini, to write the script, and he has written the 2008 horror-comedy Dance of the Dead. Personally, I don't know for sure if he is good, but I have never heard of him.

EDIT: Okay, so he did work on TurboEpic, and Ice Age: Continental Drift. Never seen any of those movies, but I think he might be good after all.

Plus, there is rumor that the movie will contain war sequences. Now, that's likely just speculation, but it's... up in the air for me.

Edited by Starfall_Quillwaver

One such way is that the have a guy by the name of Joe Ballarini, to write the script, and he has written the 2008 horror-comedy Dance of the Dead. Personally, I don't know for sure if he is good, but I have never heard of him.

Yeah that slightly concerned me too, having some guy who hasn't worked with the show before doing the script, that's questionable. I saw Ice Age: Continental Drift, its meh, probably my least favorite of the Ice Age sequels, but according to the internet Ballarini wasn't that heavily involved with Continental Drift, so its probably not a very good judge of his talent. Besides Meghan and the rest of 

the show staff would probably prevent him from doing anything too stupid. 

Do you REALLY have to ask "how could this fail?"
There are a MILLION ways for this to fail and be bad. Bad movies happen ALL THE TIME. Look at Star trek's first film: a huge budget, good cast, good writers: and it was TERRIBLE.

This movie could easily turn into a massive pile if they don't make it right. Likewise, without proper marketing, it could fail horribly.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah that slightly concerned me too, having some guy who hasn't worked with the show before doing the script, that's questionable. I saw Ice Age: Continental Drift, its meh, probably my least favorite of the Ice Age sequels, but according to the internet Ballarini wasn't that heavily involved with Continental Drift, so its probably not a very good judge of his talent. Besides Meghan and the rest of

the show staff would probably prevent him from doing anything too stupid.

They also got one of the screenwriters for Mulan and Toy Story 2 though.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The only way they could screw this up is marketing it too much to little girls or Bronies.

You mean the target audiences?

Like I said, let the movie be itself. Personally there's only two ways they can screw this up

A) Writing out the existing characters or putting them in the background in favor for new ones ala Transformers The Movie

or 

B ) Make it not like itself

Neither of which I expect to happen. Of course anything can go wrong, but I feel they'll put out a product that'll at least make fans of the show happy

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 1

There's a virtually infinite number of ways it could be crap, but fortunately, there's also a virtually infinite number of ways it can be good.  Given all the evidence so far, I have pretty high hopes.  I'm assuming it will be amazing unless I have good reason to believe otherwise.

Plus, there is rumor that the movie will contain war sequences. Now, that's likely just speculation, but it's... up in the air for me.

Well, I think that would just be the tops.  I'm keeping my hooves crossed.

There are a finite number of people who are interested in my little pony.  The movie will not be getting significant numbers of people from outside this group, and will be getting a fairly large percentage of the people in the group.  I hope that they will do a good job, and if they are planning on doing multiple movies then it is in their interest not to just phone in the movie. 

What actually scares me about movies is the effect it has on the series.  By having movies, you restrict the series to being less than the movies will be. 

There are a finite number of people who are interested in my little pony. The movie will not be getting significant numbers of people from outside this group, and will be getting a fairly large percentage of the people in the group. I hope that they will do a good job, and if they are planning on doing multiple movies then it is in their interest not to just phone in the movie.

What actually scares me about movies is the effect it has on the series. By having movies, you restrict the series to being less than the movies will be.

That's not very good logic (no offense). No movie has a solely pre-determined audience. It depends on how they can market it and the word-of-mouth, too.

EDIT: Okay, so he did work on TurboEpic, and Ice Age: Continental Drift. Never seen any of those movies, but I think he might be good after all.

Uh oh. All of them are pretty mediocre films, rated 6.5/10 or lower.

I'm not sure if he actually worked on Epic, tho. And as for Turbo - was he included in making of the actual movie (one of Dreamworks' latest flops) or the TV series that followed it?

They also got one of the screenwriters for Mulan and Toy Story 2 though.

Things are getting interesting!

There are several behind the scenes reasons that could lead to a movie not turning out well in the end.

And this movie is not immune to them.

There are infinite reasons for both why this movie could turn out to be really good or really terrible.

We just have to wait to find out which one it ends up as.

Personally, I think the movie will be great. But since they haven't given any definite sneak peeks on the story line or an actual trailer we just don't know. Just remember it will most likely be better than the Equestria girls movies. I'm not saying their bad, they made me laugh. But since this movie will focus around ponies it will hold the Brony audience better. It could always go wrong but let's just hope and pray that it doesn't.

(edited)

Considering that Hasbro's animated flics do better then their live action abominations, it will by no means do badly, but don't expect it to be an academy award winner like Disney

/Pixar, or Studio Ghibli or DreamWorks.

Edited by Leave a Whisper

Do you REALLY have to ask "how could this fail?"

There are a MILLION ways for this to fail and be bad. Bad movies happen ALL THE TIME. Look at Star trek's first film: a huge budget, good cast, good writers: and it was TERRIBLE.

This movie could easily turn into a massive pile if they don't make it right. Likewise, without proper marketing, it could fail horribly.

Hey, I actually kinda liked that film. Calling it horrible is an overstatement when there are movies like M. Night Shymalan's The Last Airbender, Pixels, Grown Ups, that stupid thing with the witches and the bad hansel and getel thing and the same shot of kids walking into a school recycled four times I saw on TV years ago with bad dialogue and everything, and Feminist Ghostbusters.

Considering that Hasbro's animated flics do better then their live action abominations, it will by no means do badly, but don't expect it to be an academy award winner like Disney

/Pixar, or Studio Ghibli or DreamWorks.

Why not? If it wants it can be just as good as those films (maybe not Ghibli).

Have 10 billion ponies fight for screen time in a single, standalone film, while the main antagonists are simply minibosses that come and go. The more characters there are in one film, the less time you have to make each memorable in any way. (This doesn't count for characters that have a TV show and/or multiple films.)

Honestly, I freaked out when I found out Emily Blunt----EMILY BLUNT----will be in this movie. No words can describe how surprised I am that the studio scored somebody like her to be in the movie.

Honestly, I freaked out when I found out Emily Blunt----EMILY BLUNT----will be in this movie. No words can describe how surprised I am that the studio scored somebody like her to be in the movie.

They got quite possibly the most talented cast next to the Lego Movie.

And singers from Wicked and Rent?! Holy crap!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

What should be the problem? SINCE Meghan McCarthy is the writer for Twilight's Kingdom (My most favourite episode in the whole series), I can never think it will even be 0.2% a bit not good.

It's good that you're being optimistic, but I'd say don't be too optimistic.

Really the only way to know is to just wait until it actually comes out.

The exclusive trailer first off :D

Edited by Auditormadness9