Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Preview Applejack's Day Off.

CastletonSnob

This is the first preview so far that made me not want to watch the episode. It was just... awkward. But hey, I didn’t expect to love the last episode. Maybe I'll be surprised again.

...Even if it's an Applejack episode.

• Brohoof 1

Please don't be a bad episode about my favorite pony....please don't be a bad episode about my favorite pony...please don't be a bad episode about my favorite pony....please don't be a bad episode about my favorite pony.

She's tired and I'm pretty sure Scootaloo is behind all of this :confused:

• Brohoof 1

Seems like it'll be a fun episode, we need some good AJ episodes, even if she's not one of my favorites she's still very awesome and deserves some love :bedeyes:  Hoping there won't be too much Rarijack, this combination is really played out by this point, I mean, since season 1! We need more unique ones, such as Appledash (even though the ship is popular they haven't had many episodes together), Twijack and Appleshy. No, not talking about the ships here. Totally. :icwudt:

• Brohoof 2

That preview felt really... awkward. That's the first time a preview has actually made me not want to watch the episode. It felt really random and "forced". Hopefully it turns out good though, we all need a decent AJ episode.

Hmm. Ever since I learned part of the premise was Twilight and Spike have trouble running the farm, my thoughts immediately went to "Spike at Your Service" - only this time Twilight is getting pulled into the vortex of OOC-ness. The last thing I need is these two characters looking like a couple of buffoons for the sake of comedy.  :dry:

Now there's this weird preview that makes me feel outright uncomfortable to watch AJ act this way. Even if there's context, the contrivance and cliche as to some of the possibilities that cross my mind is so thick I'm not sure it helps.

Finally, it's worth noting the Fox bros. first outing only involved Pinkie, Rarity, and Maud. Here's they're handling almost an ensemble cast, and I have no idea if they even know how to write these characters for the first time.

This episode could turn out okay, but - as the immortal words go - I've got a bad feeling about this.  :unamused: Hopefully my gut is totally wrong.

I feel like we're watching a punch line without any straight lines, here. This'd probably be funnier if it had some context.

...Turned out that this was the straight line, and the punch line was the context of why she was doing all that in the first place, juxtaposed next to the dissonance of how she was talking about being in a rut even while she was in a rut, herself!

It was surprisingly well-executed in the episode.  That being said, I think the trailer could've been handled a lot better; showing Rarity fretting over time would've probably been better...