Have you grown to like the new Starlight Glimmer?

cybershocker455

Yes I've always liked Starlight sge has a lot of potential and I like her interaction with Twilight. I know people hate her backstory but at least it's better than another unicorns backstory that was explained in one sentence. One of the issues with her is that I wish she had more interaction with the rest of the mane cast.

• Brohoof 2

I like her, she is cute and she serves as an interesting role to the show and it creates a potentional for great episodes, especially the Trixie one, probably was the best episode of the season.

• Brohoof 2

I've always liked Starlight Glimmer. Ever since she was introduced in the season 5 premiere, I was instantly intrigued by her. By the time she was reformed in the season 5 finale, I was not at all worried how the writing staff would handle her. 

Glim Glam has been an absolute joy to watch so far in Season 6. I have to tip my hat off to Kelly Sheridan for giving Starlight such a wide range of emotions to play with. From cute and adorkable in The Crystalling, to even a bit feisty in No Second Prances she can do it all. I can't wait to see what awaits for one of new favorite stand out characters  ^_^

• Brohoof 1

I like how both her and Sunset have connections to what they used to be.

Both are trying, but as we have seen Starlight can still slip into manipulator mode.

Sunset can still fall victim to her anger issues.

Frankly I enjoy all of the characters and there flaws (Rarity is still best pony...come on S6 finale with Midnight Rarity!!!)

FIM is an amazing show and unless the writers start doing massive amounts of drugs, the other 5 seasons have done plenty in giving a stable background for our girls to fall back upon when it comes to character development.

The real issue?

....when am I getting my damn Sea Ponies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Equestrian Coast guard, hhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooo!

• Brohoof 1

This is what should had happened

large.png

Starlight Glimmers good fortune, is not Sunset Shimmers Misfortune.

Everything else is just speculation.

• Brohoof 1

I hope the writers do a better job handling Starlight during the second half of the season. Between Starlight's botched redemption in The Cutie Re-Mark and the first half of Season 6, I'm not sure the writers have the foggiest idea what they're doing with her.

• Brohoof 1

She is a decent tool to develop Twilight and Spike's characters, but besides that I could take it or leave it.

Plus I still can't get over her series worst character reformation and that her villain motivation was essentially this

• Brohoof 1

This is what should had happened

I can not disagree more, sorry.

How dare you want to break up my Sundagio fics!!

(interesting side bar. The whole shipping two characters and combining names or titles to show a union...has really made me stop and think. I was just at MLP MSP, sporting my Male Aria cosplay, and I found it super enthralling just how common we use shipping names instead of just saying the two characters names. Just found that interesting.)

I liked her even before she was reformed. She was a great character on both sides of the coin so to speak. Either mane style is fine with me in case u wondering. However she needs more development and also more screen time to show the audience how she really grows. Her attempt to reconcile with Sunburst was rather touching (unlike Bronies React who wouldn't stop b**ching about every little part).

I also like how she paired up well with Trixie in "No 2nd Prances" (which for me felt more like a Season 4 episode in terms of the overall lessons/morals/what the audience comes away with). I had a few guesses on who would go well with Starlight, but Trixie somehow wasn't amongst them xD

Here's my favorite artwork of her by far:

quickie__good_girls_should_wear_socks_by

I am waiting for her to sacrifice herself saving Flurry heart in the Season 6 finale.

There are two few episodes left, 3 of which are confirmed Spike episodes :shudder: for her to get any real character development.

She is gonna get forced into a "throw myself into a beam of...something" and then be reborn/healed/magiced up by FH's insanely un-measured powers, and THEN truely, understand friendship.

A bit dark?

Says the little girl show WITH A FREAKING DRAGON BALL Z/FIST OF THE NORTH STAR FIGHT???!

I don't hate her as much now, she has improved in S6 and Hearths Warming Tale is an amazing abridged version of xmas carol. I just prefer Sunset. I view Starlight as a retcon/derivative of Sunset.