Bendy

Who would win?  

16 users have voted

1. 1. Royal Guard vs. Space Marines

• The Royal Guard
    • Space Marines

(edited)

Who would win?

Would the ponies' Royal Guard be able to beat the Space Marines from Warhammer 40k? Or would the Space Marines win?

Edited by Bendy

At first I thought you were talking about the Space Marines from Doom...

Anyway, the Space Marines would win, especially considering how useless the royal guard has shown to be.

Hmm...a bunch of small horses with spears, or highly-trained genetically enhanced superhumans equipped with advanced weapons and armor? I wonder. :P Pretty sure even a single one of 'em could take on the entirety of the Royal Guard. :muffins:

There's no contest, there's not even a comparison. The Space Marines would utterly and swiftly annihilate the Royal Guard. I don't even know where to begin on how. Knowledge of combined arms and Land Raiders, for starters.

Just for the sake of stirring controversy (all in good fun of course) ;) bunch of cute* animals with rudimentary hand weapons vs heavily armoured troops with projectile weapons...ewoks,that's all I'm saying ;)

*for the record I always founds ewoks creepy rather than cute

• 3 weeks later...

The only possible defense the Royal Guard may be able to effectively use is unicorn magic. But since we saw they didn't effectively use magic in combat (thinking back to the Crystal Wars alternate universe in the season 5 finale), I doubt that this would be effective.

All and all, this would basically a one sided purge of Equestria.

• 2 months later...

Space Marines hands down. The biggest thing the Royal Guard would have against them is magic. Magic is something the marines can employ to an even worse degree. There is nothing the Royal Guard could bring up to the plate.

At the risk of being labelled a heretic, I'm going to say Royal Guard.  The Pegasi would whip up an electrical storm of fearsome magnitude that would disrupt the Marines technological systems, the Unicorns would use their magic to disarm and immobilise them and then the Earth Ponies would finish them off by trampling them to death.

Now, if you'd said Royal Guard versus Imperial Guard... well that's a whole different story :grin:

At the risk of being labelled a heretic

HERETIC!! *BLAM*

But seriously, Chaos throws SO much more at Space Marines and they have no issues (most of the time). Not to mention Necrons, Eldar, Dark Eldar, Orks, and the multitude of other aliens that Space Marines can fight on a daily basis. 

HERETIC!! *BLAM* But seriously, Chaos throws SO much more at Space Marines and they have no issues (most of the time). Not to mention Necrons, Eldar, Dark Eldar, Orks, and the multitude of other aliens that Space Marines can fight on a daily basis.

A clown car of assorted degenerate xeno scum can't really be considered much of a challenge to anything.

2cTSPvs.png