Have you ever had a weird lucid dream before?

Monsoon

I had this really lucid dream once well it's been a very reoccurring dream it would start with me and a load of other people in a blizzard in our town and this guy is leading us to the west side of the town but we are all getting slowed down by the snow to the point we can hardly move and we all have this feeling of being chased while this occurs which makes us struggle to get away even though we never see anything chasing us but when we're about to reach the west side of town we all get transported to this bunker where we're arguing until we hear the iron doors in the bunker tear open but it ended Just before anything else could happen I've noticed every time I dream this dream more gets added on.

So this makes me wonder have any of you had any weird lucid dreams which could be described as a living nightmare?

• Brohoof 1

No

I actually have never had any kind of lucid dream at all. I have done some research on the subject because my brother has done this a lot since he often suffers from sleep paralysis and it sounds potentially incredible, but also potentially terrifying. It is fascinating.

• Brohoof 1

KyoshiFrostWolfSIG1.jpg.b0b2e3d0d15e6abf25982983986dcba1.jpg

I actually have never had any kind of lucid dream at all. I have done some research on the subject because my brother has done this a lot since he often suffers from sleep paralysis and it sounds potentially incredible, but also potentially terrifying. It is fascinating.

It was definitely terrifying because I had no way of just waking up I was actually trapped in my dream until I randomly woke up and I always had that feeling of being watched and chased which really bugged me but I can only imagine what sleep paralysis is like

No

I've had a few different lucid dreams... My first one was a bit like Inception in that once I was aware that I was dreaming, the people around me became more hostile. Though apparently I could 'respawn' in that dream after they killed me, so it's all good. My second one was pretty much me just doing whatever the hell I wanted to. Since I was aware of the dream, I could control it somewhat, so I changed the scenery, altered my appearance, even changed the weather, just to see what I could do. A bit like a simulation in the Matrix... My third (and most recent) lucid dream, was about me starring as the villain in a horror film. Though with a rather grim twist. I guess I was dreaming about an alternate universe where body doubles, or props didn't exist, so everything was acted out. Torture was real, murder was real, suicide was real... And since I was starring in the film as the villain, I ended up killing about 400 people... They never caught me in the end... :toldya:

• Brohoof 1

MLPFSig.png.7a9fd240e3ee64aa02e5e538b03a2132.png
For those who are curious:
My main DS3 character is SL709

My Main OC: Clyssora

I wander alone in a maze made of dark grey metal, fog is everywhere and I can barely see a thing. I have the feeling that I'm being chased and often see the silhouettes of something through the fog. Then I hear something behind me, I try to run but it pins me down. Right before I see what it is I wake up. I often have this dream and I still wonder what it means. One time I think I googled it once and it said that it means you are trying to avoid something, which is sadly the truth.

• Brohoof 1

I've been gone from this world for what seems like millennia, Looking for nothing short of a miracle, I only ever wanted to come home, Please won't you let me go? When I have nowhere left I can run away, Will you lie to me, tell me I'll be okay? Close my eyes and lay me in my tomb. Then pull the trigger and send me home.

- Crown The Empire - Millenia

I wander alone in a maze made of dark grey metal, fog is everywhere and I can barely see a thing. I have the feeling that I'm being chased and often see the silhouettes of something through the fog. Then I hear something behind me, I try to run but it pins me down. Right before I see what it is I wake up. I often have this dream and I still wonder what it means. One time I think I googled it once and it said that it means you are trying to avoid something, which is sadly the truth.

What are you trying to avoid? Shrek? :please:

• Brohoof 2

What are you trying to avoid? Shrek? :please:

I'm trying to avoid talking to my family about certain things, and in my dream these things take the form of some unknown monster that I never actually see.

• Brohoof 1

I've been gone from this world for what seems like millennia, Looking for nothing short of a miracle, I only ever wanted to come home, Please won't you let me go? When I have nowhere left I can run away, Will you lie to me, tell me I'll be okay? Close my eyes and lay me in my tomb. Then pull the trigger and send me home.

(edited)

@,

So what you're saying is... The monster's name is Shrek, right?

shrektopus_by_xinsanityx13-d7xvkhp.jpg

Please forgive me if I come off as a troll or something. That's not the case. I'm just extremely bored at the moment...

Edited by ~ Akatsuki ~
  • Brohoof 2

@,

So what you're saying is... The monster's name is Shrek, right?

shrektopus_by_xinsanityx13-d7xvkhp.jpg

Please forgive me if I come off as a troll or something. That's not the case. I'm just extremely bored at the moment...

Very funny, but no. It always seems to be some four-legged creature from what I've seen, and its very scary from what I've felt in the dream. I can remember all this because I've had it at least ten times before.

• Brohoof 1

@,

Hm... Now that I think about it, I have actually been noticing a weird figure in my dreams too. Not just the lucid ones. It's like some sort of shadow creature. But with mouths for eyes, with many serrated teeth. But that's only it's mask. I have a sneaky suspicion as to what could be under the mask... Either it's Shrek (lol, jk), or it's my friend *Name Censored for Reasons*. It's probably her, because she scared the sh*t out of me with a mask like that when I was 8 (9?).

• Brohoof 2

@,

Hm... Now that I think about it, I have actually been noticing a weird figure in my dreams too. Not just the lucid ones. It's like some sort of shadow creature. But with mouths for eyes, with many serrated teeth. But that's only it's mask. I have a sneaky suspicion as to what could be under the mask... Either it's Shrek (lol, jk), or it's my friend *Name Censored for Reasons*. It's probably her, because she scared the sh*t out of me with a mask like that when I was 8 (9?).

I think whatever's chasing me in my dream is a combination of every little secret I keep from my family all rolled into one evil burrito. I think it takes the form of a four legged creature because one of the scariest moments of my life is when one of my neighbors let their pit bulls out and they chased me for a good long time, I was absolutely terrified. It's still the scariest moment of my life.

• Brohoof 2

The last lucid dream I remember having involved my mother. This was back when she was still very ill from her cancer treatments.

My memory of this dream is quite spotty, but I'll try to fill in the blanks. I'm also pulling what little of this dream I jotted down in my dream journal into this.

When the dream started, I woke up in my bed with the TV on (a normal occurrence for me every night), I looked at my alarm clock and saw that it was past midnight, so I got up out of bed to go out and get a drink, I remember then walking down this extremely long hallway with only three doors on it before letting out into the living room. I figured that I'd stop by my mom's room to poke my head and see if she's doing alright. I opened the door to see that the light was on, her TV was only showing static, and my mom was laying on the bed with no signs of movement, not even breathing. Seeing this, I ran over to her, tapped her shoulders, and when I got no response, I called 911 and started CPR. By the time the paramedics arrived, it was too late. The dream ended when the medic told me she was gone. I remember this dream feeling very real, almost as if it were reality, but thank god it wasn't.

Needless to say that I woke up covered in sweat then I literally ran down the hall to check on my mom. Odd thing is, it was still early when I jumped awake from this dream, so she was still awake watching TV in her room. I had never felt so relieved. I didn't sleep for the rest of that night, or the next night.

I don't know if this counts as a lucid dream, but it felt very real to me.

• Brohoof 1

c2907bdd-9aba-4c20-b83b-ddb41c004e78?siz

RavenholmZombie - Brony since 2011

Well my last lucid dream involved me somewhere in my hometown, Turlock. I was aware that I was dreaming because I was floating above the town, I decided to fly to Sacramento to attend Sac-Anime as Kakashi and for some reason the entire land turned into a deserted wasteland

• Brohoof 1

Most of my dreams, lucid or not, are completely pointless, random, and acid trippy. One of my recent ones was, I was sitting at my computer on my coach, doing whatever. For some reason, Starlight is sitting next to me reading a book and all of a sudden, the book comes to life and starts rapidly flickering everything in sight into multiple different colours. Epilepsy warning much? I don't seem bothered by this so I get up and leave, Starlight follows me, and we both fall asleep in the bathroom. Then... I woke up. I've had stranger though.

• Brohoof 2

2ibyyd5.png

I often have very elaborate, story-based dreams that can go on forever, but very seldom have I achieved genuine lucidity. I've only had a few fleeting fragments of lucidity but nothing you could really call a solid dream. Happily though, one of these rare fragments involved my meeting Rainbow Dash in person. I remember touching her face and she was very soft and squishy. 

I've tried many times to improve lucid dreaming; dream diary, isobeats, Calea Zacatechichi and such, but haven't had much luck. Oh well, the quest goes on...

• Brohoof 2

One, where every female characters of many(not all) different shows I used to watch were highly sluttish around me, begging for a night with them. Naturally I walked away, given I had full control of my body, but this urge kept crawling on me. Sure enough, I find myself underneath one of those female characters, and all the others were gathered around us. I managed to wake myself up before the dream got any weirder, and found out that my cat I used to have, Sassy, was lying on my d*ck. So yeah, that happened.

• Brohoof 1

I get them quite often. I get them when I nap more than sleep.

Do you guys do weird things in your dream to confirm if you're dreaming or not? I basically turn into Matilda and make things move :P

• Brohoof 1

- Kayleigh

I guess my dream last night was a little weird. I somehow had a PAC-MAN costume and I wore it to school. I wasn't allowed to wear it but if I took it off I wouldn't have any clothing. It had a zipper, so I zipped it down so that the PAC-MAN wasn't on my body. By lunch, I then realized it was revealing. So I zipped it up a bit and PAC-MAN's body was like a hood in a jacket. When I went home, I don't remember anyone questioning it and then I wore it the next day despite being in trouble because of it. For some reason my family was going down below the deck, and it was snowy for some reason. I was barefoot. I did not notice cold in my feet from the snow. That is all I remember from my dream.

• Brohoof 1

Pennutoh has a gun

I'm not sure if this counts as a lucid dream, but I usually can't fly in my dreams so here goes. One night I had a dream where I had wings made of leaves and they were fully functional too. It was quite amazing since I was able to literally fly but also glide.

You do not want to know how weird my dreams are...

They are always very clear and have an entire story, backstory, and everything (kind of creepy if you ask me). Though the stories half the time are total mindf!@#

One time I had a dream where a magic monkey was on quest in the clouds to save the turtle of the world from the evil chicken that were trying to kidnap them. Just so you know, that is one of the less weird dreams.  :orly:

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...

I just had a lucid nightmare last night! It was terrifying and much too NSFW to even consider posting here....

8r6aiHM.png