general Moving out?

Invincible

So last weekend I finally moved out. It's been crazy, but i moved to a different town. Took me a while to un-box everything and arrange things the way i like them (in fact, i'm not quite finished yet, but i have got the most important things right now into working order). My cats have been terrified of moving, but that is understandable. One of them got acclimated rather quickly, the other one still occasionally hisses and spits, but she's getting better.

So yeah. This is an old part of town, mostly populated by old people or old couples. I don't really mind though. It's quite clean and quite, and it takes me very close to my current workplace.

---

What about you? Any plans on moving out soon or in the future? Or have you moved out recently? Care to share your experiences?

• Brohoof 3

I moved out two months ago, from little town into city. I don't have lot of stuff so moving them was easy. This is student-neighborhood where there is also kindergarten, dentist and many other things so here is people from little kids to old people.

Coming from detached house on side of the town to one-room flat apartment in middle of the city was certainly interesting change of lifestyle but besides trash and occasional noise it's pretty peaceful.

One minus thought, this apartment warms up a lot when it's warm outside.

• Brohoof 1

I'll probably move out next September. The thing is : I'll be going to a new country ! I'm actually looking for a family to be an au pair for two years.

I'm watching excited but also a not anxious xD

• Brohoof 1

Well, I'm "moving out" in two years. But I don't have a home to move out from. So, no. No plan. Probably just gonna sell all my possessions, drive back to North Dakota, get my old job back, and stay in the cheap apartments for the rest of my life.

Sounds good enough for me.

• Brohoof 1

I have to move to go back to college, and that's coming up very soon. I'm freaking out, to be honest. I had never envisioned this actually happening. Everything changed so fast.

I especially don't like the idea of doing this alone... I don't think I'm meant to be alone. I can't be independent...

. I don't think I'm meant to be alone. I can't be independent...

Sure you can do it. Don't doubt yourself, be confident, set goals. Not big goals, little ones, small steps along the way and you will do great! 

• Brohoof 2

No plans to move out anytime soon, not that I could even if I wanted to. Though I imagine it'll have to happen eventually, not looking forward to it much. I don't really like the idea of living alone, not for long periods of time anyway, I like having plenty of time to myself, but being completely on my own doesn't seem appealing.

Guess I could get a roommate, but I don't feel comfortable enough around most people to actually want them living with me either, except one person but I'd have to move to a completely different country and that's not happening. No chance of moving in with a Girlfriend or anything either.

Meh, guess I'll deal with it, just not really a situation where I can think of any solution I'm comfortable with.

Sure you can do it. Don't doubt yourself, be confident, set goals. Not big goals, little ones, small steps along the way and you will do great! 

This isn't about confidence, state of mind. Sorry, I know I kind of brought it up with that post, but I'd much rather not talk about it.

(edited)

Recently got a hold of a place of my own (an apartment), so I am moving in with a roomie next summer.

Edited by Guest

I moved into the place I'm currently living in late last year, but I hope to play my cards right and save up enough money, I plan to move out and live on my own again.

From there, I plan to continue saving up as much as I can over the next few years so I can move out of the state.

I've moved about 30 times, 22 of which were between 2003 and 2008.

The most recent was about a year ago, and the next will be in about 5 months.

Hopefully I find a place to settle down at some point.  

but setup is pretty easy.  I don't have much stuff.  You don't tend to keep stuff if you didn't use it since the last time you unpacked it.

I moved from Alaska to Texas with only what would fit in a PT Cruiser.  

Fortunately, I really like Texas, and can imagine staying here for a while, and there isn't any pressing reason to leave.

I'm currently living in an apartment with a roommate. I would like to move out and have total privacy, but the rent in Southern California is insane, so I don't think I'll be going anywhere soon. 

In any case, I don't like the process of moving; toting heavy boxes and seeing all my stuff get broken. I'd prefer to stay put than have to deal with that kind of stuff right now.  :pout:

• Brohoof 1

no plans at the moment.

I can't stand the thought of paying hundreds of dollars a month for something i'll never own and having a crap landlord hovering around, we have had landlords before and every last one has sucked!

all they want is money and they will NEVER fix anything,and they always want insane amounts of rent for nasty falling down buildings so the thought of spending tens of thousands of dollars to one over a period of years does not appeal to me at all.

there are places out here that have been for rent for YEARS, and buying one is not any better because people want way way to much for houses to

I can't exactly live alone, so currently my situation isn't a good one. Still living with my dad, pretty depressed about life. My goal in the future is to hopefully move out and live with my boyfriend, I just hope I can actually manage that. At least once I would like to do something right.

• 3 years later...

I don't have any plans to move away from where I currently live. "Moving out" is something I don't see necessary. I have lived at different places, and made my own decisions. The most important thing is that you enjoy your life, and that you can stand on your two feet.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha *Reads topic*. Hahahahahahahahaha no way my dudes. I live like a king/queen my room is my realm! Why would I move out to become a slave to a bank or some landlord this is my kingdom mine and I rule it alone. What do you mean you'll have me out on the streets I will never be a slave to anyone give me liberty or give me death do not step on snek.

• 7 months later...

Moving out is :mlp_gag:always something to dread.  You always have to :lostit:remove your things out of boxes that lots of the typical moving men have touched.  Worst of all :angry:these people don't even wash their hands.  So you have to give your stuff a nice cleaning.  Has anyone achieved a world record of :worry:moving to different shelters?