Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon: Competitive Battling

Why-Gnome-Ear-Fifty

(edited)

On the topic of a FEAR Rattatta......

I think my friend got swept by one once. Never forgot to put priority moves up again. XD

ouch thats gotta suck! XD Ive luckily never had that happen, the worst thing ive happened from my few online battles is getting scarfed...I have never been so angry, confused, shocked, and surprised at the same time.

My adamant Lucario will crush you all

If it lives..... Edited by Kirby

My adamant Lucario will crush you all

Specs/Scarf fire anything. GG. :P

ouch thats gotta suck! XD Ive luckily never had that happen, the worst thing ive happened from my few online battles is getting scarfed...I have never been so angry, confused, shocked, and surprised at the same time.

I actually just had a game where I almost got 6-0'd by a Medicham with Hi Jump Kick. I think it OHKO'd like 4 of my pokes, including my Milotic, before I remembered that I probably outspeed it with just about half my team. -.-

I actually just had a game where I almost got 6-0'd by a Medicham with Hi Jump Kick. I think it OHKO'd like 4 of my pokes, including my Milotic, before I remembered that I probably outspeed it with just about half my team. -.-

Goodness that thing must have had some massive attack EVs! And dont feel bad, I always forget tiny little things or do the wrong move left and right lol

If it lives.....

I didn't know that DS battling wasn't considered the comptettitive type...And yeah I've gotten curbstomped by the FEAR Rattata.

It killed my Arceus! My Level 100 Arceus!

I didn't know that DS battling wasn't considered the comptettitive type...And yeah I've gotten curbstomped by the FEAR Rattata.

I consider DS battling competitive.

Talk about overpowered....somewhat...lol. Its soooo weird saying that something lvl 1 can beat ANYTHING(except ghosts of course) at lvl 100....

DS Battling is competitive, but I've never seen anyone who perfectly EV trained and move tutored and breeded to get exactly the right team they wanted without using PokeSav/other stuff. It probably originated from that anyways; It's just that I'm pretty sure more people use Pokemon Online because it's free and easier to do stuff with. At least that's my reason. :D

I consider DS battling competitive.

Talk about overpowered....somewhat...lol. Its soooo weird saying that something lvl 1 can beat ANYTHING(except ghosts of course) at lvl 100....

It's stopped pretty easily by priority moves or ghost-types or....well there's actually a whole list but if you aren't prepared, it wrecks. -.-

DS Battling is competitive, but I've never seen anyone who perfectly EV trained and move tutored and breeded to get exactly the right team they wanted without using PokeSav/other stuff. It probably originated from that anyways; It's just that I'm pretty sure more people use Pokemon Online because it's free and easier to do stuff with. At least that's my reason. :D

It's stopped pretty easily by priority moves or ghost-types or....well there's actually a whole list but if you aren't prepared, it wrecks. -.-

I never heard of Pokemon online actually.

Yeah that stupid little rodent was a pain in the arse. Even worse he put it on Youtube....T-T I got my revenge though...

I normally EV train mine legit. Ive also bred for a while aiming for extreme specifics.......never again.

Hmmm, hopefully I never run into one ever cause I never prepare for something like that lol

Man i love pokemon, but the most I've done is watch competive battles on youtube N' such. Mainly Shofu, Blametruth and Flamingspade :P

(edited)

I wanted to pick it up again, but I'm an old fart who doesn't want to go get an NDS to play the official games with and the communities for simulators don't seem too newbie-friendly. I have my education, work, unpaid work, and other stuff to worry about, so I really can't sit and play these games legit unless I want that to be pretty much all my free time ever.

Edited by Harebrained

I wanted to pick it up again, but I'm an old fart who doesn't want to go get an NDS to play the official games with and the communities for simulators don't seem too newbie-friendly. I have my education, work, unpaid work, and other stuff to worry about, so I really can't sit and play these games legit unless I want that to be pretty much all my free time ever.

Yeah, I've wasted many study halls with this stuff......XD

I used to do that IV/EV training couple years back in Pearl.

I had awesome Zangoose who outspeeded and instakilled everyone :)

Also had that super abusive Air slash Togekiss.

Sorry to come in here in grumpy mood, because I think this is actually a great idea but reading all these posts, it seems that people have no respect for orderly play. Everybody here seems to think that AR's are good, when they're actually ways for lazy bums with no skills to cheat their way through games, EVs and stat-maxing are fair, when they, while fair in the sense of not hacked to get, still give 99% chance of beating someone who raised their pokemon the traditional way, and using legendaries are normal.

And to the dude who said Generation 1 and 2 are overrated, while I can see your point what with all the old people now goin' "oh you young-in's these days don't know nothin' 'bout good games..."'but I can assure you that Gen 1 and 2 are from overrated. While I'm aware that everybody has their own preference, they are great, past the nostalgic feeling which clouds those oldie gamer's minds. They laugh in the face of time. They may not have the special features or good graphics (in fact Red, Blue, and Yellow had very below average graphics, even for the Game Boy) buf that's part of their charm. They are everything that pokemon was, is, or ever shall be-a trainer and his/her pokemon.

• 2 weeks later...

THIS THREAD OH GOD YES

Can RMTs be posted here?

BUNP

This thread is too good to die, and since no one said I couldn't post an RMT here, that's exactly what I'm gonna do.

Jade Harley (Politoed) (F) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Drizzle

EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Hydro Pump

- Ice Beam

- Focus Blast

- Hidden Power [Grass]

MAKE IT RAIN. Politoed is here to bring some precipitation and smack stuff around with fairly powerful Hydro Pumps, or use the occasional coverage move if the need arises. Despite Toed's below average Special Attack, a double-STAB Hydro Pump hits pretty hard and will be what I spam most of the time. The other moves are for what Hydro Pump can't hit significantly hard: Dragons, Ferrothorn and Grasses in general, and Gastrodon and Waters. Choice Scarf is fashionable and remedies Toed's low Speed, so it's my revenge killer of sorts. It's mostly here to support the team offensively and keep up the pressure.

John Egbert (Tornadus) (M) @ Life Orb / Sharp Beak / Expert Belt

Trait: Prankster

EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)

- Hurricane

- Hammer Arm

- Rain Dance

- U-turn

All I know about this dude is that he wrecks damn near everything. Hurricane is a powerful STAB that hits a surprising amount of things neutrally. Hammer Arm takes good care of most Flying resists, especially Tyranitar. Should Toed ever go down early against another weather team, priority Rain Dance ensures I don't insta-lose. U-turn is cool no matter what. The item is a bit of a dilemma: do I choose Life Orb for consistent increased damage output without the chance to bluff a Choice set, or do I go with a more bluff-friendly item that is less useful otherwise? Input would be appreciated.

Dave Strider (Scizor) (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Technician

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Swords Dance

- Roost

- Bullet Punch

- Bug Bite

Just about every team needs a Steel-type, and the tried and true Scizor fits the bill here for a bulky offensive one. I wanted a set with Roost, so it was between this and a Roost+3 attacks set. I might try that some time. Swords Dance drastically increases its power, and Roost mitigates potential accumulated damage, passive or otherwise. Bullet Punch lets me deal with a lot of faster threats, and Bug Bite murders slower stuff like Reuniclus.

Rose Lalonde (Tentacruel) (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Rain Dish

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Rapid Spin

- Toxic Spikes

- Scald

- Protect

Tentacruel serves up mad status yo. The team would otherwise have quite a bit of trouble getting through dedicated walls. Rapid Spin eases the entry of anything and everything. Toxic Spikes ensure that grounded walls that aren't part Steel or Poison are neutered. Scald can burn stuff, which is cool and all, but it also deals a surprising amount of damage with the rain boost. Protect combines with Leftovers and Rain Dish to heal 25% over the equivalent of one turn, and helps scout movesets.

Becquerel (Jolteon) (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Volt Absorb

EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Thunder

- Shadow Ball

- Hidden Power [ice]

- Substitute

With all the Electric-weak Pokemon I had, I needed something to switch in to the Thunderbolts and Volt Switches that would inevitably give me trouble. Sub+3 Attacks Jolteon does that and more. In theory, it should be able to get a Sub up a fair amount of the time and proceed to let loose with the relative safety that comes with a Sub. The rain allows me to swap Thunderbolt for Thunder, upgrading both the power and paralysis chance. Shadow Ball and Hidden Power Ice are pretty standard fare coverage moves.

Lord English (Hydreigon) (M) @ Expert Belt

Trait: Levitate

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Draco Meteor

- Dark Pulse

- Focus Blast

- Surf

The second Ground immunity provided here, along with an Electric resistance, sealed the deal. Tons of power, the ability to switch moves, and minimized passive damage, all in one set. Draco Meteor is a nuke, and forces the hand of many an opponent. Switches to Steel-types are common, provided they have one left. Dark Pulse is a good STAB that doesn't have any huge repercussion. Focus Blast and Surf cover Steels and stuff. Maybe Fire Blast is still better than Surf, maybe not. The main reason I'm using this over Lati@s is the ability to put the hurt on Steels. It loses much of its ability to hurt Jirachi in rain, but meh, so would Lati@s.

This concludes the team I just recently made with cool theme names. Suggestions are welcome, otherwise posting in this thread at all is more than welcome...yeah. That is all. /does an acrobatic pirouette off the handle