Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon: Competitive Battling

Why-Gnome-Ear-Fifty

I believe the search bar was used correctly by me this time. Hopefully.

Seeing as the Pokemon thread is dead, and also because competitive battling is so detailed, complex, and somewhat separated from the games/game announcements, this separate thread is for the purpose of sharing teams, finding battles, and sharing strategies. That is, if anyone else is as into it as I am :)

Is this for any gen?

I played in tournaments for fourth gen neverused.

I won one too :).

~

I suppose for any gen, although I personally only play 5th. Been meaning to try 1st and 2nd just for kicks though.

You won a tournament though? Wow :o All I ever do is sit on my butt and battle on Pokemon Online XD

I suppose for any gen, although I personally only play 5th. Been meaning to try 1st and 2nd just for kicks though.

You won a tournament though? Wow :o All I ever do is sit on my butt and battle on Pokemon Online XD

First and second gen are overrated ;)

~

not to mention how the battling works is completely different.

In 1st-3rd gen, types are either physical or special, instead of attacks.

I've been meaning to get into 5th gen, probably test out RU.

Just haven't found the time :P

Ah, it's not that impressive, it was like a year and some ago and back then I was like

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

First and second gen are overrated ;)

~

not to mention how the battling works is completely different.

In 1st-3rd gen, types are either physical or special, instead of attacks.

I've been meaning to get into 5th gen, probably test out RU.

Just haven't found the time :P

Ah, it's not that impressive, it was like a year and some ago and back then I was like

Posted Image

Haha, it's still pretty cool though.

On a sad note, it seems no one else likes this thread :(

Haha, it's still pretty cool though.

On a sad note, it seems no one else likes this thread :(

They'll come out of the woodwork soon enough :P

~

My Friend is a BOSS at Pokemon.He has 4 Boxes Filled with Pokemon Cards,Almost every Rare or Special Card,and the First Pokemon Card EVER.He even has 50 Cards Signed by the Creator of Pokemon...He would Steal my Cards if I touched ANY of his Cards...And I only have 27... :huh:

(edited)

I remember competitive battles when I was in 5th grade (before Game Boys were banned from recess). I'm dating myself here when I say 5th grade = Red and Blue were the only ones made thus far.

There were 2 rules

1. First rule about Pokemon battles is there's no talking about Pokemon battles

2. No Recovery or other HP-replenishing moves

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 2

I read Pokemon in the title and fell in love. Ive never actually got to battle competitively like tournament wise. only against a friend who is pretty good (from what I know). Would love to get involved with this if its going anywhere once I get my ds hopefully friday.

I read Pokemon in the title and fell in love. Ive never actually got to battle competitively like tournament wise. only against a friend who is pretty good (from what I know). Would love to get involved with this if its going anywhere once I get my ds hopefully friday.

You don't need a DS! :D Pokemon-Online is a battle simulator, search it up.

I made a FEARon team once and annoyed a bunch of people in high school. That's about the extent of my competitive pokemon experience :/

(edited)

You don't need a DS! :D Pokemon-Online is a battle simulator, search it up.

Whoa! I must find this witchcraft you speak of! Kinda weird that this is literally the first time ive heard about it...

Edit: Found some vids of it and it looks pretty cool. Now I just gotta try it out!

Edited by Kirby

Love Pokemon ^^ I've never played in Tournaments but I did work at a place that held tournaments. I've been asked if I wanted to play a bunch of times. Everytime I turned them down, each time saying "I'm not good at playing with the cards. I'd just lose everytime. Besides, i only collect them." XD Probably would still say that if I was asked again T_T

Back in kindergarten, My whole class used to play pokemon competitively, shit was intense. I miss the glory days of pokemon red/blue/yellow.

Back in kindergarten, My whole class used to play pokemon competitively, shit was intense. I miss the glory days of pokemon red/blue/yellow.

Same thing in 3rd and 4th grade back in this elementary school I used to go to when I was about 8 or 9 for me. That and Yugioh duels and freaking beyblade battles on the schoolyard. Good times, man.

• Brohoof 2

I used to battle a lot with my friends. One of which turns out to have been cheating.

He used the level 1 Rattata cheat when he said cheat codes were for whimps.

My favorite moves are the ones that go twice like Petal Dance. The most feared on my team on Heartgold is my Maganium Rico.

Sorry for being a downer and such....but....competitive battling......

Is more like the act of using PokeSav and Pokemon Online to obtain top-level pokemon, then outfitted with specific EVs, Items, and movesets, and sort them into tiers for the purpose of creating a sophisticated strategy game, I'm not talking about the card game or the "campaign" or actual story-part of Pokemon. We have a Pokemon thread for that :D

(edited)

I used to battle a lot with my friends. One of which turns out to have been cheating.

He used the level 1 Rattata cheat when he said cheat codes were for whimps.

My favorite moves are the ones that go twice like Petal Dance. The most feared on my team on Heartgold is my Maganium Rico.

If by lvl 1 Rattata cheat you mean a FEARattata, then thats not cheating at all. other than that I have no idea what that is.

And I wouldnt say cheats like an AR/Pokesav are bad when their used properly and within the game limits.

Edited by Kirby
  • Brohoof 1

If by lvl 1 Rattata cheat you mean a FEARattata, then thats not cheating at all. other than that I have no idea what that is.

And I wouldnt say cheats like an AR are bad when their used properly and within the game limits.

On the topic of a FEAR Rattatta......

I think my friend got swept by one once. Never forgot to put priority moves up again. XD

the act of using PokeSav and Pokemon Online to obtain top-level pokemon, then outfitted with specific EVs, Items, and movesets, and sort them into tiers for the purpose of creating a sophisticated strategy game.

Also this! All these factors make it soooo interesting!