Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If there were a huge war and you were drafted what would you do?

Azureth

73 users have voted

1. 1. You get drafted, what would you do?

• Accept it and try to do my best
    • Try to find any way I can to avoid it.
    • Flee to another country.

I can't answer that adequately, but if duty calls then alright. But I'll say this much...I won't do it for the country. Just so it might lift off some burden off my shoulders.

Edited by TBD

Is suicide an option? Seriously I value my life right now, but I value my principles more in this case. I'm not going to willingly serve the $#!+ that is the US military. Technically speaking, I wouldn't be physically qualified to serve. I wouold be roughly 10 pounds under the weight and I can't lift the weight necessary. 

Or I could just try as hard as I could to be discharged as soon as I could. :please:

• Brohoof 1

If it was for a noble cause like in WWII then I would go (at least, I certainly hope I would. None of us can say for certain)

If it was something dumb like the Vietnam War then... I'm not sure

• Brohoof 1

I would file for conscientious objector status and avoid fighting at all costs. I don't believe in war or killing people. There are always other alternatives to ending lives and destroying families; it just takes a desire to think outside the box and finding a peaceful solution. War is a matter of stubbornness meeting stubbornness and it's often the innocent that suffer for it. I believe in defending one's self or those who can't defend themselves, but it should never have to come to that if things are worked out before they escalate. This isn't always possible, especially when your enemy doesn't exercise restraint or honor in their tactics. But fighting should always be the last resort, even when someone else does a grievous wrong against you or your country. 

As for myself, i couldn't fight and wouldn't. If I don't choose war I'm not going to participate in someone else's. Governments may 'represent' their people in declaring war, but there's a lot of things that governments do that I don't agree with and I'm not going to kill for them.  

I'd flee to another country or try to find any way to avoid it if I could.

Given my country seems to have given up on being a democracy and cares nothing for it's citizens I don't see why I should fight for them or show them any kind of loyalty. I would only ever fight to protect my family and friends, I don't care about Queen or country.

• Brohoof 1

It won't be the end of the world, legally they can't keep you in the army forever even if they forced you to be there.

Edited by R.D.Dash

Put simply. They have no power to draft me.

For all their words, guns, money and ambitions. Nothing they could do would make me fight for them. Imprison me? My mind and heart remain free. Execute me? At least I die loyal to my principals. Turn me into a public figure of hate? Go on then. But whose the bigger monster? The ones crying for bloodshed or the ones who refuse to add to it? Threaten my loved ones to coax me into it? Then what good is your cause when you behave like a terrorist?

So basically dear politicians. I don't do international gang warfare. Learn it. Love it.