Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I noticed a trend in Equestria Girls?

LordDiscord

Stopping and thinking about the 4 movies, their had been a trend, in the first movie, it was about reforming Sunset Shimmer and then the second movie was about teaching her confidence and passing the torch so to speak. The third one dealt with reforming the human Twilight, will the fourth on went on to teaching her confidence and possibly passing the torch again. Do you think in the fifth movie we will see Starlight Glimmer appear, and it will be human Twilights job to reform her and then the sixth movie will be about integrating her into the group. Thus making them the Humane 8, I mean it wouldn't be that far fetched, they were the Humane 7 before the Mane 6 became the Mane 7, so maybe they will become the Humane 8 and then season 7 will be about Starlight ascending and taking on her own student and that student becomes the 8th member of the Mane 7. 

Movie 1 - Princess Twilight defeats and reforms Sunset Shimmer

Movie 2 - Sunset Shimmer finds her place.

Movie 3 - Sunset Shimmer defeats and reforms Human Sparkle.

Movie 4 - Human Sparkle finds her place.

Movie 5 - Human  Sparkle defeats and reforms xy

• Brohoof 4

I see all four movies as Sunset falling from grace, picking herself back up and changing her life around, preventing Sci-Twi from falling down the same path, and being her guiding light as a teacher. If there is a fifth movie--there has to be what with that ending--Sunset would further develop her character, but in what way remains unseen for now.

• Brohoof 2

Nah, I think the next movie will be about the EQG series starting on a new path that's completely different than FIM's general feel, due to the introduction of them getting super powers.

I don't really want to see Starlight in the EQG series like at all.

THIS. please leave starlight out of this.

• Brohoof 1

I think the first couple of movies were like a foundation for future ones. I think they wanted to get Sunset and Twilight from the human world in so that Hasbro could use them later. That way it would be easy than going back and forth between human world and pony world. Then you know that there is a crack in the statue podium where magic is leaking into the human world. So I think that the main 6(or 7) will go about stopping the use of magic by other people who find it. If my hunch is right, I look forward to future Equestria Girls movies to come.

I don't really want to see Starlight in the EQG series like at all.

Personally, what I want them to do is bring Starlight in but not as a main focus, and make her completely different. Because despite Human Sparkle being meant to emphasize it, many fans don't seem to understand that the Human versions are not the same characters as the Pony versions. I want them to bring in Starlight specifically to finally hit home that they are NOT the same characters, and that the two worlds are so different they can create completely different personalities. All the reasons for Starlight becoming a psycho are not present in the Human world, because Cutie Marks are not a thing and because she should be able to find a friend who moved away with Human technology and organization.

What brought this on for me is how people are complaining about Filthy Rich being "Evil" in LoE. First, he's not really being evil, he's just expecting rent from a tenant, and second, Pony and Human Filthy Rich are not the same person. Why can't people understand?

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Movie 1 - Princess Twilight defeats and reforms Sunset Shimmer

Movie 2 - Sunset Shimmer finds her place.

Movie 3 - Sunset Shimmer defeats and reforms Human Sparkle.

Movie 4 - Human Sparkle finds her place.

Movie 5 - Human  Sparkle defeats and reforms xy

Movie 5 could be Human Twilight defeating and reforming Human Sunset, just to take it full circle. 

Movie 5 could be Human Twilight defeating and reforming Human Sunset, just to take it full circle. 

I would rather Human Sunset remain an antagonist. Think along the lines of Chrysalis in the recent season finale. Not everyone has to be reformed. If I was writing it, I'd have Human Sunset be an antagonist, not really evil, but definitely at odds with the main cast, and she'd have friends, which would be revealed when the main cast consider that she might b the way she is because of a lack of friends, so that rules that theory out. The theme I'd be going for is that some people are the way they are because it's just who they are and because it's a choice they make, and that "Friendship" isn't some weapon you use to mind-control people into not being your enemy anymore.

One thing I hope Equestria Girls starts to focus on is showcasing the DIFFERENCES between the Pony and Human counterparts, not just how similar everything is. The Human and Pony worlds are very different, and it would be nice if they showed us how the differences in the worlds have shaped the characters along different paths. For example, Diamond Tiara, Cutie Marks are not a thing in the Human world, does she still dislike the Cutie Human Crusaders or is she indifferent to them? If she does dislike them, what is the reason? There is a lot they can do if they focus on the differences instead of just copying things from FiM. I always thought that Princess Twilight(The Pony) could be very interested in researching the differences as part of a personal study, because it really is time she came back, perhaps not as the main character, but it feels kinda wrong to just be cutting her out of the series now.

I sure hope not, I hate Starlight.

And seeing Human Starlight get redeemed well by good writers would just highlight how bad SG's current writers are.

If Starlight appears in Equestria Girls they should make her radically different. There is no reason for her to be like her Pony equivalent. Cutie Marks do not exist and Human technology should make it easy to find someone, though this assumes Starburst even moves away in this world, since the whole Cutie Mark thing wouldn't happen.

• Brohoof 1

If Starlight appears in Equestria Girls they should make her radically different. There is no reason for her to be like her Pony equivalent. Cutie Marks do not exist and Human technology should make it easy to find someone, though this assumes Starburst even moves away in this world, since the whole Cutie Mark thing wouldn't happen.

Starlight in the human world would be a Starlight in name only. It'd suck to everyone but the blindest of "Yay, Starlight Glimmer!" fans.

Starlight in the human world would be a Starlight in name only. It'd suck to everyone but the blindest of "Yay, Starlight Glimmer!" fans.

Kind of like how Sunset Shimmer is a completely new character to her original self. But, technically that Sunset Shimmer is one character, Human Starlight and Pony Starlight would not be the same characters. A lot of people seem to be having difficulty understanding that the Human counterparts are not the Pony characters and anything could have happened in this other world to make them different in some way. I would actually like to see them place some degree of emphasis on the fact that they're not the same people and that the parallel world they live in is different, in turn making the characters different.

Kind of like how Sunset Shimmer is a completely new character to her original self. But, technically that Sunset Shimmer is one character, Human Starlight and Pony Starlight would not be the same characters. A lot of people seem to be having difficulty understanding that the Human counterparts are not the Pony characters and anything could have happened in this other world to make them different in some way. I would actually like to see them place some degree of emphasis on the fact that they're not the same people and that the parallel world they live in is different, in turn making the characters different.

But there are limits. Sci-Twi not having the magical understanding and self-confidence to already conquer her dark side is reasonable. An entirely different character that shares the same name would be stupid.

*JoJos crying in a corner*

Not you, y'all are cool.

But there are limits. Sci-Twi not having the magical understanding and self-confidence to already conquer her dark side is reasonable. An entirely different character that shares the same name would be stupid.

*JoJos crying in a corner*

Not you, y'all are cool.

I don't agree. Again, you and others need to accept that the Humans and Ponies are not the same characters, they're counterparts. Besides, Evil Sunset and Good sunset are totally different characters with the same name, as are Evil Starlight and Redeemed Starlight. They share only a few traits in common with their Evil/Good selves.

I don't agree. Again, you and others need to accept that the Humans and Ponies are not the same characters, they're counterparts. Besides, Evil Sunset and Good sunset are totally different characters with the same name, as are Evil Starlight and Redeemed Starlight. They share only a few traits in common with their Evil/Good selves.

It's not that you don't agree, it's that you don't understand. Human world Starlight would have NOTHING IN COMMON with her pony counterpart AT ALL.

It's not that you don't agree, it's that you don't understand. Human world Starlight would have NOTHING IN COMMON with her pony counterpart AT ALL.

I do understand, I just don't agree. They could have some personality traits and interests in common, but there would be no reason for her to have the same backstory, she'd need something new.

I want Human Sunset to appear and be a villain. She could be defeated by Human Twilight, thus completing the circle.

Yes, I said Human Sunset. The Sunset we all know and love is Pony Sunset. Since everypony seems to have a human counterpart, I want to know what happened with Sunset's human counterpart. Maybe she was sent off to boarding school, or even juvie, and returns to her home town to find that there's another her so plots to displace Pony Sunset.

I want Human Sunset to appear and be a villain. She could be defeated by Human Twilight, thus completing the circle.

Yes, I said Human Sunset. The Sunset we all know and love is Pony Sunset. Since everypony seems to have a human counterpart, I want to know what happened with Sunset's human counterpart. Maybe she was sent off to boarding school, or even juvie, and returns to her home town to find that there's another her so plots to displace Pony Sunset.

I agree, we need Human Sunset. I'd like them to not just repeat what happened with the Pony version though, she should stay as an antagonist even after she is "defeated". They could try to show her the power of friendship, but I think it'd be neat if she actually had friends while as a villain, showing viewers that it's not that simple and formulaic. I'd say Starlight could be her friend but that might trigger some people.

If I was writing this character, I'd make her a science prodigy and upcoming archaeologist. They could have her as the apprentice of Dr Whoves/Time Turner(Science) and Daring Do(Archaeologist). Plot-wise, she'd be approached by the Dazzlings with an offer of knowledge of Equestrian magic, which she then uses, like a compass, it to find the hidden Human world magic, which could lead to some world building for the Human world and it's own brand of magic. The movie.episode/special or whatever would involve Sunset uncovering a powerful Human world magical artifact and the main characters need to stop her from finding and abusing it's power. The Dazzlings of course would want it for themselves, and would intend on double-crossing Sunset and taking the artifact for themselves, but Sunset would have predicted they would turn on her and double-crosses them first.

Edited by Evil_Emperor
  • Brohoof 1

While it would be cool to see human world Sunset Shimmer, I don't want to see Sci Twi reform her. I really liked the climax to FG and how with Sunset reforming human world Twilight, caused her arc to go full circle as a parallel to the end of movie 1, but I would feel that it would be too repetitive to do something like that again.

• Brohoof 1

While it would be cool to see human world Sunset Shimmer, I don't want to see Sci Twi reform her. I really liked the climax to FG and how with Sunset reforming human world Twilight, caused her arc to go full circle as a parallel to the end of movie 1, but I would feel that it would be too repetitive to do something like that again.

I agree. Give us another Chrysalis, where they try to reform her and she just go "NOPE REVEEEENGE!". It'd be nice if she wasn't blatantly evil, though, adding a moral grayness to what she is doing would be good. For example, she wants to improve the world around her from a "big picture" perspective, which will help a lot of people, but she will probably hurt a lot of people achieving the means required, which she would rationalize with a "can't make am omelette without breaking a few eggs" like analogy. What I mean is, she would genuinely believe in what she is doing, but accepts that it might hurt a few people along the way.

Repetition is something they need to avoid when it comes to MLP and Equestria Girls. If anyone were to reform a possible human version of Sunset, it should be Sunset herself, but not in the usual sense of beating her counterpart and making her see the light. Human Sunset could be shown a different reality where she didn't change her ways and the experience was enough to make her realize that her current path would be a disaster.

I'd accept an Inspector Gadget style ending, with Human Sunset escaping and swearing revenge. XD

I'll get you next time, Rainbooms. Next time!!!!

• Brohoof 2