Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler things that bother you in Legend of everfree

Izanagi

Also, if Spike can talk then where is the non-talking fog Spike that belongs to Sci-Twi? Or does his speaking abilities come with the magic? I'm a bit confused on that.

• Brohoof 1

Too little Flash Sentry now...and they completely dropped pony Twilight...like...really? 

they probably do it because theres now no need for sunset to ask pony twilight for help, and as for flash, seems they're trying to say "let's put him with sunset" because..well, Sci-Twi doesn't like the guy xD she likes timber for..some really creepy reasons.

What I don't get is if the portal rift thing that is spreading Equestrian magic into their world is above the portal thing to Equestria then how is the magic affecting them at camp? Also, just how old are Timber and Gloriosa? And where were their parents? Just how old are they that they can manage a whole camp by themselves?

the how old timber and gloriosa thing is kinda why i dislike Sci-Twi X timber, since twilight is a teenage girl whos probably be taking advantage of by a possible 20+ year old mae

Also, if Spike can talk then where is the non-talking fog Spike that belongs to Sci-Twi? Or does his speaking abilities come with the magic? I'm a bit confused on that.

i think in eqg3 fluttershys magic messed up dog spike giving him ability to speak.

• The intro sequence was the least good out of the four movies.
  • The movie felt a lot like an extended normal episode and it didn't get too interesting until the last 20 minutes (although I have to admit those last 20 minutes were really awesome).
  • We get it, Spike is a dog, at this point those jokes are getting old are kind of insulting since it seems to be all that defines his character now.
  • While Sunset and Twilight had great characterization, the rest of the humane 7 were pretty generic and didn't do so much to contribute to the plot.
  • The only interesting super powers were Sunset's and Rarity's.
  • Why the hell is Filthy Rich a bad guy here?

yeah i was confused by the filthy rich thing, i watched todays episode and sat there wondering "This guys nice, only bad thing he did was get mad at AJ and threaten to stop a deal, but then again Aj was lying..but the guys nice.."

• Brohoof 1

Mostly I was bored by this thing, so I didn't have a whole lot of significant issues with it, but there were a couple:

1. Let's get the SciTwi-with-wings point out of the way, as everyone else has said it already. 
  2. Twilight fighting off Midnight Sparkle in the end basically invalidates anything which could be interesting about her character arc. Like... Midnight Sparkle isn't real. Making it an alter-ego removes any chance of introspection from her. 
  3. Am I the only one who was bored that they again honed in on Equestrian magic? The mane seven are given superpowers, but this barely amounts to anything, and the conflict is little more than a tweaked rehash of the previous three movies. I seem to be alone in this, but magic is not what I think makes Equestria Girls interesting. 
  4. Not entiiiirely sure if Timber and Twilight's relationship is appropriate. It's certainly cute, but it'd be better if Timber was another camper, and if they actually focused on it. 
  5. They completely failed to make Sunset exciting with her subplot completed, but more importantly, they've supplied almost nothing as a continued hook for this series. The "Equestrian Magic" angle isn't all that different from however many other teenagers-with-magic stories, and the specifics of that magic aren't anything we can't more or less get from the show proper.
  6. As a SunLight shipper, I need to express concern about the scene between Sunset Shimmer and Flash Sentry. Don't sink my ship, writers. It's the only thing this subseries is still offering me after this. 
  • Brohoof 2

Mostly I was bored by this thing, so I didn't have a whole lot of significant issues with it, but there were a couple:

1. Let's get the SciTwi-with-wings point out of the way, as everyone else has said it already. 
  2. Twilight fighting off Midnight Sparkle in the end basically invalidates anything which could be interesting about her character arc. Like... Midnight Sparkle isn't real. Making it an alter-ego removes any chance of introspection from her. 
  3. Am I the only one who was bored that they again honed in on Equestrian magic? The mane seven are given superpowers, but this barely amounts to anything, and the conflict is little more than a tweaked rehash of the previous three movies. I seem to be alone in this, but magic is not what I think makes Equestria Girls interesting. 
  4. Not entiiiirely sure if Timber and Twilight's relationship is appropriate. It's certainly cute, but it'd be better if Timber was another camper, and if they actually focused on it. 
  5. They completely failed to make Sunset exciting with her subplot completed, but more importantly, they've supplied almost nothing as a continued hook for this series. The "Equestrian Magic" angle isn't all that different from however many other teenagers-with-magic stories, and the specifics of that magic aren't anything we can't more or less get from the show proper.
  6. As a SunLight shipper, I need to express concern about the scene between Sunset Shimmer and Flash Sentry. Don't sink my ship, writers. It's the only thing this subseries is still offering me after this. 

i really dislike how hasbro seems to want to force love interests in the movies, as you said timbertwi is possibly inappropriate, and flash sunset..iunno, dating your ex never seems to work. I fee like the movies either need to stop, or need to just focus on friendship, and friendship alone, im all for love (I have had rps where for example i do..Celestia X discord) but i dislike it personally when i see it in the show/movies. 

• Brohoof 2

Another thing I noticed was how Rarity seemed more concerned with the fashion show as opposed to just about everything else that was happening. This one is more of a minor nitpick than anything else.

• Brohoof 1

Another thing I noticed was how Rarity seemed more concerned with the fashion show as opposed to just about everything else that was happening. This one is more of a minor nitpick than anything else.

the times i see that kinda thing, i kinda just remember that these humans did different things then the ponies. any time i see trixie for example..though season 6 made trixie still a bit of a jerk tho.

• Brohoof 1

the times i see that kinda thing, i kinda just remember that these humans did different things then the ponies. any time i see trixie for example..though season 6 made trixie still a bit of a jerk tho.

They may share similar personalities and goals, but how they go about executing them is usually different.

• Brohoof 1

They may share similar personalities and goals, but how they go about executing them is usually different.

yeah, overall i find the movie 'eh' i will admit, some scenes had my laughing. but..they normally get pushed back by things that annoy me. one being when timber caught a tripping twilight and said "Don't fall for me" instead of checking if shes injured. How she fell, she could've easily hurt herself. 

• Brohoof 2

yeah, overall i find the movie 'eh' i will admit, some scenes had my laughing. but..they normally get pushed back by things that annoy me. one being when timber caught a tripping twilight and said "Don't fall for me" instead of checking if shes injured. How she fell, she could've easily hurt herself. 

Some of Timber's dialogue was pretty corny but I think he was just trying to impress Sci-Twi although this has proven to be quite polarizing across the fandom. Despite the flaws Legend of Everfree has, I still enjoyed this movie to no end and would gladly re-watch it again over and over.

• Brohoof 2

Some of Timber's dialogue was pretty corny but I think he was just trying to impress Sci-Twi although this has proven to be quite polarizing across the fandom. Despite the flaws Legend of Everfree has, I still enjoyed this movie to no end and would gladly re-watch it again over and over.

yeah, no matter how much i dislike eqg as a series, i still find enjoyment in it. though about the corny thing, its why i dislike flash a swel, the entiree loving part of eqg is just corny in general xD

• Brohoof 1

Perfectly in-character for Rarity to care more about fashion than others

Go watch "Saddle Row Review" for more of that wonderful characterization

Rarity's such a wonderful role model for impressionable young children

Too little Flash Sentry now...and they completely dropped pony Twilight...like...really? 

It's no longer Pony Twilight's story

First trilogy was all about Sunset, now it's all about Sci-Twi

I like that EQG is (kinda-sorta-not-really) distancing itself from the show

Except they messed it up by introducing super powers

Ah well, nothing's perfect

Edited by The Nth Doctor
  • Brohoof 1

Perfectly in-character for Rarity to care more about fashion than others

Go watch "Saddle Row Review" for more of that wonderful characterization

Rarity's such a wonderful role model for impressionable young children

It's no longer Pony Twilight's story

First trilogy was all about Sunset, now it's all about Sci-Twi

I like that EQG is (kinda-sorta-not-really) distancing itself from the show

Except they messed it up by introducing super powers

Ah well, nothing's perfect

still though, there are a lot of problems with eqg4, xD

• Brohoof 1

It annoyed me how they didn't let Twilight and Timber kiss. If you're gonna establish a love interest don't beat around the bush and just go through with it, because otherwise the next movie will be exactly the same and Timber will never move beyond being the love interest, leaving him underdeveloped (*cough* Flash *cough*). I also kind of like him, he's not the best character but he's not the worst either.

Edited by MilkyWay27
  • Brohoof 2

It annoyed me how they didn't let Twilight and Timber kiss. If you're gonna establish a love interest don't beat around the bush and just go through with it, because otherwise the next movie will be exactly the same and Timber will never move beyond being the love interest, leaving him underdeveloped (*cough* Flash *cough*). I also kind of like him, he's not the best character but he's not the worst either.

i can agee with the kissing thing, hasbro kinda acts like a child doesn't know what a kiss is. xD but i do agree timber did have a bit more development then flash, but i still dislike the timberlight ship, just..i can't get over the possible pedophilia xD

• Brohoof 1

Its no different from the other movies good guy turns bad, they all pony up and don't beat up the bad guy just turn them good again, you have the apology from the person they defeated if you can call it a defeat more like they had a lot of pretty lights and lot's and lot's of sparkles yay sparkles,  then of course you have the singing in the end and everybody goes home happy the end, but some of the songs were catchy.

Also I forgot to add that the whole movie is about Timber hitting on Twilight then his sister goes psychotic then it goes right back to Timber hitting on Twilight they possibly have lot's and lot's and lot's of babies everybody is happy about the babies the end.

Edited by chaosprincess
  • Brohoof 3

The animation was a huge step back from the first three movies

sig-4691647.1267317__safe_fluttershy_rar

Arm, hand and hip

Also happenend with Sunset Shimmer turning without any animation frames from time to time

So are people only going to just repost this over and over and then say everything was badly animated? Or are there other examples? Personally I thought the pose was cute.

Edited by Evil_Emperor
  • Brohoof 2

yeah, no matter how much i dislike eqg as a series, i still find enjoyment in it. though about the corny thing, its why i dislike flash a swel, the entiree loving part of eqg is just corny in general xD

I happen to think that Legend of Everfree gave Flash some much needed character development considering he was so underutilized in the previous movies. I know not everyone will agree with me, but that's what I think. I do like Flash, but question the direction his character was thrown towards by writers.

• Brohoof 1

What bothers me the most is the fact that it was not made clearer that Gloriosa and Timber are orphans.

I think it would have been important for the characters. 

Especially Gloriosa’s behavior would be more understandable, because her hard working-attitude could have been her way to deal with the lost of her parents and her new responsibilities as the camp director. But now she seems simply to stubborn to ask for help…at least for most people.

I mean, there are hints in the movie, but it is not made clear enough.

• Brohoof 1

I happen to think that Legend of Everfree gave Flash some much needed character development considering he was so underutilized in the previous movies. I know not everyone will agree with me, but that's what I think. I do like Flash, but question the direction his character was thrown towards by writers.

i feel like if he wasn't "LOVE INTEREST" he couldve been a better character.

• Brohoof 1

Its pretty much same as the other movies. Just locations and the character transforming has changed. I swear I felt like I was watching 78 consecutive minutes of Timber hitting on Twilight  then an actual movie. Pretty much its they go somewhere ,some odd things happen good guy/lady which in this movie is Gloriosa transforms they pony up one cheesy and trite pep talk later they defeat her turning her back she apologizes just like the other movies when someone transforms  then everything magically turns out for the best they sing and go home happy.The end.

Edited by demonwolfspirit
  • Brohoof 4

Its pretty much same as the other movies. Just locations and the character transforming has changed. I swear I felt like I was watching 78 consecutive minutes of Timber hitting on Twilight  then an actual movie. Pretty much its they go somewhere ,some odd things happen good guy transforms they pony up defeat them turning the person back the said person apologizes  they sing and go home happy.The end.

looking at it like you said, i'm surprised Timber and Gloriosa (or however you spell it) Didn't turn into some pones and became the mane 9! add dem main characters!

• Brohoof 1

i feel like if he wasn't "LOVE INTEREST" he couldve been a better character.

Unfortunately, the writers had different plans and they didn't quite work out.

• Brohoof 1