Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The season finale is Ingram's best work yet

TheAnimatorOfficial

Anderson makes really solid background music. He deserves more praise than he gets.

And yes, I also think that the background music in the finale was great, especially in the second part. My favourite part was the juxtaposition of trombones and flutes when Chrysalis and Starlight argued about leadership.

Edited by Professional Horse

This gave my hopes up. There wasn't even one sung song in the whole finale =/

Although I love a good song, honestly i am kind of glad they did not try to shoehorn one into it. Personally I think a song would have broken the flow of the episodes and just forced even more of an unnecessary rush to it all considering how rushed it felt at the end as is. 3 minutes is a lot of real estate for a 22 minute program trying to both tell a story and get to an acceptable conclusion.

• Brohoof 2

The soundtrack had some nice callbacks to "The Times are a Changeling," specifically, when everypony is freed from their imprisonment.

That was one of the best and relief-filled moments I could've seen with seeing the Elements of Harmony and Royal Family finally free after being sealed in those cocoons for God knows how many hours, if not days, after being kidnapped by Chrysalis, and then when they confront her, ready to tear her apart for what she's put them through, it is freaking awesome to see.

• Brohoof 1