Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would they ever make a good character on the show become a villain?

FlootahBabby

Yes, they've already done this before (Flutterbat, Midnight Sparkle, Nightmare Rarity). But they usually got fixed in just one episode. Can (or have) they make a character that was introduced as a friendly character, but eventually became an ongoing villain throughout several episodes? Or even a season?

And who would you want it to be?

Edited by FlootahBabby

At this point, it would be best if it were to happen to a relatively new character. Having it happen to an already established character this far into the show's run would look awkward unless they explained their reasoning well. A new character is easier to utilize and doesn't have the baggage established characters have.

• Brohoof 2

I agree. It should be a new character if they did something like that. Introduce them in an episode, have them hang around all goody goody for a couple episodes or most of the season, then BAM! Evil master plan time. Still would probably not go over too well though, but would be an interesting idea.

Well we've seen feminazi Starlight turn from evil to slightly less evil but still power hungry. It outta work both ways

I can't see it happening with any current primary characters, although we could say that a magical amulet, or crazy clown water (from the comics) would temporarily turn one of the main ponies bat sh*t crazy.

• Brohoof 1

This is a fantastic idea. Although I do recall that some ponies had been implied to be good before and were introduced after they had been corrupted such as Sunset Shimmer.

But seeing up front a genuinely good pony go evil would make for great storytelling. And dare I say, a possible tearjerker moment.