Do you use Reddit?  

65 users have voted

1. 1. Do you use Reddit?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes
    • Only if I end up getting there through a google search

• 1 year later...

Occasionally. There's a lot I hate about reddit though. Forum communities are usually more familiar and give you an opportunity to get to know who you're talking to whereas reddit seems to depersonalize communities and boil them down to being a karma whore a lot of the time. Who cares about useful feedback and meaningful relationships when you could post a meme and get that sick +12 karma? Twitter's a bit better but it has a lot of the same pitfalls tumblr had before it died off.

When I go to the site, I get a dark overlay, trying to cover anything interesting to read, so I simply use other sites to get the information I need.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't understand the place. Is it like, a free Twitter or something? I always find random junk and when I want to read replies, they just send me to random junk. Very impractical

• Brohoof 2

On 2017-07-24 at 2:34 PM, Denim&Venöm said:

Not really. I just don't have much use for it. 

Update: I've now been on Reddit for the past two years. My substitution after the great exodus from Tumblr.  

I use it pretty regularly, although the community can be pretty obnoxious. Used to frequent subs like r/pcmasterrace before it basically just became 50% strawmen about console players and 50% "it's not much but it's mine, *posts picture of $10,000 PC setup*". Better than Twitter though, at least.

A long time ago I used to be quite active there for about a year, mostly in the more obscure communities that delt with obscure technology. 

Every now and then I'll go back if I can't find what I'm looking for elsewhere. Otherwise it's a mess, to put it...nicely. I've "nuked" my account there and do about a month after I go back every time. I know I'm hurting those looking for the same info, but...I'd rather not send traffic there anymore.

Otherwise I've moved back to forums...less death threats, political garbage, and less groupthink and more actual help and discussions. 

Come to think of it, I don't know why I went there in the first place.