Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 7 Waiting Thread (Spoilers)

FlareGun45

Yes they should give up their CMs to become Blank Flanks again!

nope, as someone who really loves their cutie marks and how they got them, it's also my say in that matter.

and neither of our hate/love for it is going to change it.

i accept the way it is, you should too, because the show belongs to neither of us.

personally i really hate how they had spike had that stupid crush on rarity, but atleast i'm mature enough to accept it if the creators decides to develop it further, because...well...it's not up to me anyway.

• Brohoof 1

I hope you packed a lunch, since you will be in for quite a wait on that particular event transpiring. Your diligence for that unlikely event is noteworthy though.

I think you are more likely to get S7 to star the Mane 6's pets over the CMC ever losing their cutie marks after all the time put in leading up to them getting them. Much like Twiliycorn, they are here to stay.

• Brohoof 1

I heard that theory before and I m not sure how will that work... I am interested in reading theories only if you have a valid arguements for whatever you come up with.  

• Brohoof 1

S7 is the most mysterious season, there arent many info about them in Toy Fairs, no theme-based toy, very few spoiler tease compare to season 5. On the bright side, we dont get too much expectation and get more surprise elements, on the other hand, it makes people think Hasbro just care about the movie instead of S7...

Mike Volgel said S7 is an awesome season, i hope what he said is at least 80% truth.

And worse yet, with 20% of 2017 gone, we've only had ONE official YouTube video on Hasbro's channel this year other than Friendship Friday videos: "Intro to Cutie Marks 101". Nothing else! That's like, 5 videos a year.

But we should expect a teaser trailer for Season 7 in about 1 1/2 weeks, then it'll be 8 videos a year.

We only have one month until the premiere airs and we still got nothing from them but we have news about the movie, comics and EG and I think people are starting to get impatient, I think the writers are just trying to protect Starlight from everyone as they don't want anyone messing with her, I guess that's why we've got no news about S7.

We only have one month until the premiere airs and we still got nothing from them but we have news about the movie, comics and EG and I think people are starting to get impatient, I think the writers are just trying to protect Starlight from everyone as they don't want anyone messing with her, I guess that's why we've got no news about S7.

One month? Well, that's enough for me to get prepared! Time to clean the hard drive, get that dang Ethernet cable through the wall and renovate my room! :)

Also, what do you mean messing with starlight?

One month? Well, that's enough for me to get prepared! Time to clean the hard drive, get that dang Ethernet cable through the wall and renovate my room! :)

Also, what do you mean messing with starlight?

She had mixed reactions when she had a major role in Season 6. While a lot of people praised the show for trying out new things and having the show go in a different direction while sticking with the Friendship topic, others criticised her poorly executed redemption back in the S5 finale or that how she is taking over the show from Twilight and the Remane 5.

If I had to pick if I can do something that I'm familiar with in a previous season or trying out something different and taking a risk like replacing or adding a new character, I take my chances with the latter.

Though she may be less likely to have major roles this season because her core Season 6 writer (Vogel) has guaranteed written no episodes at all; just the movie.

Yeah.

A misguided unicorn finding friendship and being a part of the gang.

Starlight brings new fire into the show.

...with Sunburst. Hah.  :D

kill me  :adorkable:

I know this isn't really the place to talk about this,

but when it comes to how Starlight was made a main character i think both opinions are true.

It's great they try something new but the redemption went too fast. A whole character/villain was basically lost because of it. Starlight became someone completely new. That could be because she may have put on a "mask". But that is highly unlikely for someone, who developed a hate for cutie marks. But maybe all she ever wanted is friends and just never found out how. And now she got them and could show her true face for the first time.

I'm gonna pick one of these options and gonna make starlight work for me.

I find it weird that all the stuff that got released like the comics, movie, etc. All of those lists Twilight as the protagonist as for Season 7, that remains a mystery as nothing for Starlight or Twilight is even mentioned only stuff about AJ's and Rainbow's parents, if they were certain that Twilight was going to be the protagonist, they would have said it by now even keeping quiet about it on Twitter, I think they released the other stuff early because it was stuff that the fans already knew and with the logo being updated, I am certain that a big change is coming to the show.

We give Zecora more notice, she didn't show much in S6.

Zephyr showing that he's turned himself around.

Ember on another adventure with Spike and Twilight, will involve the Main Six and Starlight.

Gabby or Gilda returning.

A Celestia and Luna episode.

Seeing Thorax and Spike on an adventure.

There are only 5 songs in Season 7? Wow, that is not so much. Ok, I guess it is because of thew movie. I really hope the songs are good and I guess that we don't have a musical episode this season. Or all/the most songs are in one episode. 

link

The Season 7 Premiere Teaser just came out! Check it out --> https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/03/season-7-teaser-released.html#more

Things I've picked up on in the teaser:

- Discord makes an appearance...naturally. However, this confuses me a little because I remember reading a post on EQD that the voice actor of Discord had posted on twitter, that he wasn't sure if he was going to make an appearance in Season 7. Either he was lying or Hasbro had him come in last minute to record the voice of Discord.

- Starlight, Trixie, Discord, and Thorax are wearing heart medals, for their bravery and dedication I guess.

- Thorax's voice is still the same from when he wasn't a pretty changeling. I know people were curious if his voice would change or not with his new physical form.

- The Newly Reformed Changelings seem to be happy and are fitting in quite nicely with pony society.

- Pinkie Pie is extremely happy to through a big party! 

- What's in the box Twilight brought in? It sure is a pretty big box. Big enough for some wings maybe? Just kidding. I really don't want Starlight to become an Alicorn.

- Ponies from the Crystal Empire, the Changeling Kingdom, Starlight's Village, Canterlot, and Ponyville are present.

- I couldn't help notice the absence of Princess Cadance, Shining Armor, Flurryheart, and Spike. With Sunburst at the party I assumed the Royal Family would be there as well. I'm guessing that Spike is present, he is just somewhere loitering around the crowd.

- I wonder what Starlight will do now that she will be graduating from being Twilight's pupil. I could see her hitting the road with Trixie perhaps or opening up her own magic shop.

- Is Discord hinting that he is lonely in his own realm?

- What is a Changeling Gourdfest?

Edited by Valeska
  • Brohoof 2

Why is Starlight Glimmer graduating already? That seems rushed.

I'm guessing that is has something to do with Twilight being at a lost for what to do with Starlight right now. 

• Brohoof 1

>BECAUSE TOYS!

1372196__safe_starlight+glimmer_1000+hou

joking aside, I wouldn't be surprised if they did that  :(

On another note... So...from the information we have

>While the Mane 6 are on a friendship retreat, Starlight Glimmer loses Twilight Sparkle’s friendship map. Afraid her anger might get out of control, Starlight Glimmer casts a calming spell while the ponies search for the lost map.

... So after Every little thing she does, starlight STILL resorts to Mind altering magic as a first resort to fix all her problems. WAT. AND SHE'S GRADUATING?!

Edited by Unlikeable Pony

The Season 7 Premiere Teaser just came out! Check it out --> https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/03/season-7-teaser-released.html#more

Things I've picked up on in the teaser:

- Discord makes an appearance...naturally. However, this confuses me a little because I remember reading a post on EQD that the voice actor of Discord had posted on twitter, that he wasn't sure if he was going to make an appearance in Season 7. Either he was lying or Hasbro had him come in last minute to record the voice of Discord.

i think you just answered that question yourself.

he wasn't sure if he was in it.

if he really said that he wouldn't be there, then it's a different story.

Though she may be less likely to have major roles this season because her core Season 6 writer (Vogel) has guaranteed written no episodes at all; just the movie.

I think Vogel mess her character a little in Every little she does ;).

I think that is the point of the new episode, even Starlight didnt see it coming and Twilight looks like she didnt know what to do with Starlight and she will seek her mentor advices.

• Brohoof 1

1) CMC giving up on their Cutie Marks (HELL YES!!!)

2) References to FMA/Fullmetal Alchemist

3) Star Swirl!!!

The CMC must be interresting again. That is for sure, but their cutiemark are fine.