Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think Hasbro will make a whole movie series or trilogy?

cider float

If their movie becomes successful do you think they will make plans on making a trilogy or even a series that goes beyond three? Would you want them to do that?

Edited by cider float

Depends if the movie(and the show) manage to stay profitable. I remember the 80's Transformers movie did poorly in the box office, but they still gave it about another 30 episodes

Right now I hope that they will make several movies, but I may change my opinion depending on the quality of the movie.

I guess, if the 1st one will be successful at the box office and have positive impact on toy selling, they will make more, but one at a time, without immediately aiming for a trilogy.

Highly depends. If the first one ends up being a great film and it does well at the box office, then I can see justification for a sequel and MAYBE a third film.

HOWEVER, my fear is that if this franchise becomes too big based off the movies, it will turn into Shrek or Ice Age were there are endless movies that eventually nobody will ask for, but the quality keeps going down.

I think they should just keep it at a trilogy max and make a spin-off film if they want.

• Brohoof 1

Until the movie actually comes out, we have no clue about how well it will do in the box office.

And because of that, we don't know yet if there will be a sequel or not.

But as of right now, until proven wrong, I don't see a sequel happening.

That will depend if the movie does well enough in the box office, among the fandom, and among the critics. If it succeeds with these three criteria, then I'm sure Hasbro might consider making another movie within the next couple of years. If it ends up failing--that can happen--they might re-evaluate things for a while before coming up with a decision.

I think they would definitely release one every year or two if they had the chance, but that would at the cost of a common disease known as "sequelitis", where generally less effort is put into future movies and weighs the franchise down. I'd say give the second movie just as much production time as the first.

Remember, Toy Story had a 4 year production cycle and came out in 1995 and Toy Story 2 started production almost immediately after the first one's release, and guess what year it came out? 1999. Since we know they'll be spending 3 years on the movie (2014-2017), I'd want the second one (if there is a second one) to be released in 2020.

The sequels should not be called My Little Pony Reloaded or My Little Pony Revolutions. But if a sequel gets severely delayed, it will most likely be called My Little Pony Forever.

I am in full agreement. Though I don't know what to expect, myself.

That, my little cherub, depends entirely on how much this one does at the Box Office.

If it's very sucessful, Yes. If it flops, No.

Heck, for all we know it could even have a middle ground where it does well enough to spawn some home media sequels in place of threatrical ones... :huh: