Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would you have loved to see?

ManaMinori

One thing that I would have loved to see was a season long arc where Sobra succeeded in returning, claiming the empire again, and drew Twilight to the dark side, seeing as how her use of dark magic was just dropped.

What about you guys? What would you have liked to see?

Why are you speaking in past tense? We could technically still see that among many other things.

I would not mind Sombra returning... but not in a season long arc... and having an evil Twilight for an episode or two would be kind of interesting to see how the remane 5 rescue her for a change.

Why are you speaking in past tense? We could technically still see that among many other things.

I would not mind Sombra returning... but not in a season long arc... and having an evil Twilight for an episode or two would be kind of interesting to see how the remane 5 rescue her for a change.

i know it can still happen. Just seemed more likely to back when it first happened, it all.

I would like to see something along the lines of what Nigthmare Muffin is describing, but putting in backstory to boot.
There isn't much info on Sombra in the first place, so it'd be neat to see the why and how of his turning evil.
I've said in a few other threads one interesting way for this to have taken place woulda been the story of the 'love poison' from Hearts n' Hooves day being that of Sombra and Chrysalis.
They they ruled the Crystal Empire, and their combined failure to do so under the effects of the poison turned them evil, and towards hatred and the 'dark magic of unfriendliness'.
It's a neat concept that would be really cool to see in the show.
Though I think it gets a little too much into the reality of hatred, and the bright and colorful nature of the show wouldn't get that deep into it.

I'd loved to have seen an adventure that lasted for four or five parts, a true grand epic where twists and turns abound, and it would be almost impossible to predict what would happen next. It's still a possibility though highly unlikely since the writers are comfortable with sticking with the stand two part premiere/finale.

• Brohoof 1

-The Remane 5 actually do something in the two-parters instead of the Magical OP Super Unicorn with zero social skills. 

-Starlight lose, and I mean lose badly, like Freeza curb stomping Vegeta lose. 

-The power of friendship being used instead of Magical McGuffin Deus Ex Machina in it's place.

-A more morally gray/well developed villain with actual motivations and goals beyond "I hate X therefore I'll destroy them" 

-Zecora to actual have a role and speaking lines in the show again. 

-Sunset Shimmer returns to Equestria. 

• Brohoof 2

I would have loved to see the whole "Explore Equestria" toyline be implemented into season 6.

The show has a large world filled with interesting fantasy elements, and already has implemented adventure plots into the show already, and with the Cutie Map as a plot point, it should have been really easy to have an excuse to get the characters to travel to places we have never seen in the show before, and get some decent wordlbuliding for a change.

• Brohoof 1

Rarity firing a monkey dressed like king Louis XVI out of a party cannon into a hay pile filled with plush animals.

Slightly more seriously, CELESTIA EPISODE PLEASE.

{and also maybe Cadence}

Less Mane 6

More Starlight and her friends

Nightmare Star (Evil version of Celestia)

Starlight Glimmer to get a season long reformation and not just one moment like it was, better backstory for her. 

Sombra to get better backstory in the show and be imprisoned in the moon instead of being killed

Mane 6 to give the villains a chance to explain themselves before fighting

Chrysalis be an Anti-hero instead of a villain, sort of a rogue

More one on one episodes, pick 2 characters and have them spend a day together

Well, we finally got to see Fluttershy's family.  This leaves Dash & Scootaloo.  Plus maybe the relationship (if any) between Derpy & Dinky.  I remember on the old Mary Tyler Moore show (1970s) the writers wanted to make her a single mother, but the network brass thought that would be too controversial.  I'd hope that these days we're past that.

Was gonna post something inflammatory about Newbie Dash but I'm sure people are tired of me pissing and moaning about it, so I'll just say a Celestia episode and Rainbow and Scootaloo's families