Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The potential of Flurry Heart

I know a lot of people in the fandom complained about the addition of Flurry heart the super freaking adorable baby alicorn. Personally I think it's awesome. (Please don't hit me) if Flurry Heart isn't utilized much in the upcoming seasons her potential for headcanon alone is incredible.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the new Princess and whether or not her addition to the show is good bad or neutral.

post-38074-0-28693800-1483420556.jpeg

As her currently being a baby, there isn't much you could do with her.

It would be cute to have an episode featuring Twilight babysitting Flurry Heart, and maybe it could even become a Twilight and Pinkie Pie focused episode as well.

She has crazy magical potential, blowing through renforced concrete.

I don't believe she's a good addition to the show, and the same can be said about episodes one and two. A Chrysalis escape would of been better.

I would forgive her existence if she were a villian or a new protagonist for the next generation. :P

• Brohoof 1

There's not much you can do with a baby character, so I think she'll be left as she is.... unless they exploit a time travelling episode with an older McFlurry. Though these plots are usually revolted, it CAN work. Just ask this guy 

future_trunks_by_rmehedi-dakhbz8.png

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 2

I liked jack-jack-attack from Pixar and I see much of that charector in Flurry. She could do a very good "accidental hero" episode. I'd say her being either good or bad for mlpfim is very much in the hands of future writers. She could be a lot of fun !

Generally speaking I think Twilight having wings backed the writers into a corner, even though I loved the episode (a lot). Writing these things is like a game of chess where you plan ages ahead. The changeling thing and flurry are some excellent future proofing if they run to series eight. (Same with the cake twins).

I hope for a crazy fourth wall teenage Flurry :)

• Brohoof 1

There's not much you can do with a baby character, so I think she'll be left as she is.... unless they exploit a time travelling episode with an older McFlurry. Though these plots are usually revolted, it CAN work. Just ask this guy 

I was thinking more something like this :P

sm0871.jpg

Well, they could have at least had the villain try and exploit her magical abilities in the finale. *sigh* The road not taken.

THIS. The finale should have been about what her purpose is in the world and why she (Another alicorn exists) in order to help justify her existence.

A villain trying to do something nefarious would have worked very well for the season-- Heck, you could have had chrysalis's plot revolve around flurry heart and still had the premise of the changelings being reformed be the ending of the episode.

• Brohoof 2

As a baby, there isn't really much she can do given that's what she is, and restraining her uncontrollable magic certainly didn't do her any favours. If Flurry Heart is to play a much bigger role, she first needs to age a few months and learn how to use her magic through the watchful eyes of Sunburst. They can deal with what her princess title should be when she reaches the age of five.

In the short term, I don't see much outside of marketing and products. In the long term? She could theoretically be the basis for an entire series.

Sometimes, a new baby can be a sign of a show running out of ideas, as it was with Bones, Mad About You or Fairly OddParents. So far, her minor role in the show indicates that might not be the case, but unless they try to spin her off into a separate show I'd be wary of her role growing too large.

In the short term, I don't see much outside of marketing and products. In the long term? She could theoretically be the basis for an entire series.

Sometimes, a new baby can be a sign of a show running out of ideas, as it was with Bones, Mad About You or Fairly OddParents. So far, her minor role in the show indicates that might not be the case, but unless they try to spin her off into a separate show I'd be wary of her role growing too large.

That! That is genius. I hadn't thought much about it but your post gave me an idea. What if Gen 5 is simply Equestria in the future? Flurry Heart could be a main character along with Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake. We could see the crusaders as adults and/or how Griffonstone, Yakyakastan and the other kingdoms we've seen. The fifth Generation of MLP may have been born with Flurry Heart. Dang. I could start a new topic with this idea alone.

Thanks

I was thinking more something like this :P

sig-4782489.sm0871.jpg

THIS. The finale should have been about what her purpose is in the world and why she (Another alicorn exists) in order to help justify her existence.

A villain trying to do something nefarious would have worked very well for the season-- Heck, you could have had chrysalis's plot revolve around flurry heart and still had the premise of the changelings being reformed be the ending of the episode.

Maybe, but I've seen too little of Sailor Moon, and I was too young to process the more complex plot (hell, I've hardly understood the basic american cartoon plots back then :dash:), but I guess that could work. Another example of child from the future plot done right

fire_emblem__awakening_children_by_thef5

As a baby, there isn't really much she can do given that's what she is, and restraining her uncontrollable magic certainly didn't do her any favours. If Flurry Heart is to play a much bigger role, she first needs to age a few months and learn how to use her magic through the watchful eyes of Sunburst. They can deal with what her princess title should be when she reaches the age of five.

Despite that baby foals seems to learn fast (as seen by the Cake twins by showing they at least show a basic understanding of their surroundings), I think that wouldn't exploit her full potential 

That! That is genius. I hadn't thought much about it but your post gave me an idea. What if Gen 5 is simply Equestria in the future? Flurry Heart could be a main character along with Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake. We could see the crusaders as adults and/or how Griffonstone, Yakyakastan and the other kingdoms we've seen. The fifth Generation of MLP may have been born with Flurry Heart. Dang. I could start a new topic with this idea alone.

Thanks

Except it'll make no sense to change of generation :dash:. Maybe a G4.5, o keep at G4 spinn-off series with Equestria in the future would work. With the cuties as the new Mane6, and McFlurry and the Cake twins as the new CMCs archetypes 

They will turn Flurry Heart into an adult for one single episode and let her surpass Celestia in terms of character development and competence.

They already let one-shot characters like Moon Dancer, Gabby, and Cheese Sandwich look good in their only episode while leaving a certain alicorn in the dust for 6 seasons. No reason they can't keep that going.

• Brohoof 1

Despite that baby foals seems to learn fast (as seen by the Cake twins by showing they at least show a basic understanding of their surroundings), I think that wouldn't exploit her full potential 

True. Sunburst can only teach her so much, and both Cadance and Shining Armour are in the same boat so to speak though they can go further what with being the parents. Maybe Flurry Heart could go on a misadventure, one where she ends up doing something that proves to save the day but not actually saving the day. Rather, her actions were accidental towards the victory.

I'm not really convinced that there will be a new series based on her, although, sure, it's not impossible to consider. Personally, I'd prefer a side series based on the family's shenanigans in the Crystal Empire. In any case, her introduction doesn't impact the show all that much, and most of the ideas I could think of for her would just be a rehash of "The Crystalling" on a smaller scale. For her one episode, I thought she was cute and funny, and I enjoyed how she allowed there to be a threat without a villain taking all the attention away from main characters, as well as allowed for certain themes about how being a parent is stressful. She was fun for an episode, and otherwise I don't think she has much more potential for future appearances, aside from maybe some time travel episode where we see her future self. And even that probably would only work once.