Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rarity offers to give you a full makeover, do you accept?

Azureth

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think so, actually. I'm not that interested in my looks but the only one who gets to gripe about it and occasionally change it is my girlfriend. I'm just not willing to listen to anyone else. Aside from that, Rarity's style is really grandiose and mine is 't-shirt and jeans', so that doesn't really mesh well either.

Sound to me "what not to wear" so... Nah, I like how I look and dress.

Heh, that's funny, because I'm really into fashion, and just yesterday I watched a little bit of that show to see what it was all about.  Just as I feared, I didn't like the show one bit.  From what I could see, it was basically all about killing a person's unique style and individuality and molding them to look like what society says is trendy.  I hated the whole idea.  Seemed judgemental to me.  But see, there's no way Rarity would be judgemental that way.  I couldn't imagine a mare of her character putting down someone's style of dress if that's what they like.  I think she would only give constructive criticism if someone asked for her honest opinion.  I would personally love the chance to have a makeover from her, and I would definitely trust the taste of such a talented professional...unless she tried to stick me in that hat from Maud Pie...

• Brohoof 1

Heh, that's funny, because I'm really into fashion, and just yesterday I watched a little bit of that show to see what it was all about.  Just as I feared, I didn't like the show one bit.  From what I could see, it was basically all about killing a person's unique style and individuality and molding them to look like what society says is trendy.  I hated the whole idea.  Seemed judgemental to me.  But see, there's no way Rarity would be judgemental that way.  I couldn't imagine a mare of her character putting down someone's style of dress if that's what they like.  I think she would only give constructive criticism if someone asked for her honest opinion.  I would personally love the chance to have a makeover from her, and I would definitely trust the taste of such a talented professional...unless she tried to stick me in that hat from Maud Pie...

Exactly, the show is nothing but taking out people's style and taste.  Remember how they would give the person $200 or more visa card to clothes? Well if I were that person i would use it to buy my own clothes and not care what they think.  Rarity I guess would not agree to a person taste for fashion but like you said she wouldn't go off forcing people to change. Like the time when muad wanted a dirty rag? rarity was generosity to even try to turn it into a fashion. 

• Brohoof 2

Probably. I don't really care what I look like in general, but a secondary opinion on fashion might be interesting. Plus, I could do with a decent hairdo. And even if the makeover fails abjectly, any time spent with Rarity is time well spent. :pout:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a pretty basic guy, but always up for a... *gulp* adventure with a bit of excitement and danger, so hey why not? I've let girls play "doll stylist" with me before. I've never seen a design from Rarity that I didn't like. I'm curious to see what she'd come up with. And if she wants to make me a party suit for the Gala, I'm game.

No thank you. :grin: 
Having someone else style me in their own way would make me feel less like myself. I find my own stylistic choices the most comfortable and don't care much about fashion to begin with! I just like being me.

• 3 weeks later...

For sure. It's nice being pampered and I love girlfriends who know a lot about fashion and style, since that's an area I've always been clueless in.

Rarity's style is a bit gaudy for my tastes though :mlp_please:

• 2 years later...