Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Four new characters revealed!

Golden Star

Not the biggest fan of the designs on these new characters; I wouldn't say they are "bad" persay, but they didn't quite meet my expectations in regard to overall "quality" composition. (Especially not the blatant "furbait" vibe on that first character lol)

HOWEVER, the huge variety in species exhibited here has me extremely excited to see how far outside of Equestria this movie's locales will reach. The world building potential these character designs pontentially indicate has me ripe with anticipation! I simply cannot wait for October! \(^o^)/

(How much you wanna bet it'll be on October 10th to celebrate the 7th anniversary of FiM? ;D)

I am absolutely in love with the designs of Queen Novo and Skystar. Has it been confirmed that they're the seapony/mermare creatures? Regardless I want more of these creatures!

Also, I'm curious about the Storm King. He looks like or at least looks similar to the centaur race that Tirek comes from.

veGCivN.png?1

C4UTWPSUYAA6t9e.jpg

However his waist looks a lot smaller than either Tirek or the Centaur king's, so I could be wrong. Still, definitely great world-building potential. :)

• Brohoof 1

With all these popular actors they're casting, does it feel like Hasbro is gearing this up to be FiM's grand finale?

I shudder at the thought.

I don't see how since this film feels less and less like the show proper. Kind of like a spinoff.

I have to say...I'm not a fan of these new characters. I think sea ponies are stupid and talking cats? Give me a break.

I hope it turns out well but my first impression could be better.

She looks nice. I like her. :3

That is the first good queen, isn't it?

one thing that many people in this fandom (at least those who are familiar with past generations of MLP) seem to forget is that there was a point in time where Hasbro didn't tread the path of Disney, and has some of its good characters wanting to become Queen

The G1 princess Ponies. (Quest of the Princess Ponies parts 1-4). Not to mention, Queen Rosedust, of the Flutter ponies, also in G1. There's also mention in G4's “The crystal Empire part1”, in the detailing the history of the Crystal Empire, of there being a good Queen (the empire's very first) who established the Crystal Faire, which became the empire's most important tradition.

I don't see how since this film feels less and less like the show proper. Kind of like a spinoff.

I have to say...I'm not a fan of these new characters. I think sea ponies are stupid and talking cats? Give me a break.

I hope it turns out well but my first impression could be better.

seaponies and talking anthro cats were both in G1, and g4 has borrowed heavily with g1 before (Twilight, Tirek, the smooze, RD's personality, Commander Firefly, etc)

one thing that many people in this fandom (at least those who are familiar with past generations of MLP) seem to forget is that there was a point in time where Hasbro didn't tread the path of Disney, and has some of its good characters wanting to become Queen

The G1 princess Ponies. (Quest of the Princess Ponies parts 1-4). Not to mention, Queen Rosedust, of the Flutter ponies, also in G1. There's also mention in G4's “The crystal Empire part1”, in the detailing the history of the Crystal Empire, of there being a good Queen (the empire's very first) who established the Crystal Faire, which became the empire's most important tradition.

I meant G4 only and one who we have seen when she was actually alive.

Edited by Aya. K.

seaponies and talking anthro cats were both in G1, and g4 has borrowed heavily with g1 before (Twilight, Tirek, the smooze, RD's personality, Commander Firefly, etc)

I think it also had humans so they clearly should be careful.

The newest character doesn't look too bad but with so much new stuff, they better be able to give everything enough depth.

Edited by Silver Letter

some of them looks kind of like futter ponies i think,

capper is a first for g4, I don't think they have had a anthromorphic cat that stands on 2 legs before in g4, that is just one step away from HUMANS

I really love the designs! I am honestly surprised they are so good. I really can't wait.

I know it's a big thing for the show, but I didn't expect so many good characters. It also adds varoety to the designs too, which I love.

I meant G4 only and one who we have seen when she was actually alive.

G4 good kings and queens

G4

King Vorak (comics)

Queen Haydon (comics)

King Leo (book)

King Thorax

King Aspen (comics)

King Guto

King Grover

Unnamed Crystal Queen (the empire's very first, who established the Crystal Faire)

• Brohoof 1

>A queen appears

Hoping they'll use her properly, but I'm betting she'll be the "bad" ruler to Princess Skystar being the open and trusting one. Like maybe She's skystar's mother?

G4 good kings and queens
G4
King Vorak (comics)
Queen Haydon (comics)
King Leo (book)
King Thorax
King Aspen (comics)
King Guto
King Grover
Unnamed Crystal Queen (the empire's very first, who established the Crystal Faire)

The Empire's very first ruler was Princess amore. There was no queen.

Amore was the one who found the crystal heart and used it to make the empire, she was the first, and ironically, the last ruler before Sombra took it out.

As for the other Rulers, the majority of those kings and queens were in the comics and expanded  universe material, where the writers had more leeway to use titles better; Like they got rid of Sombra's "king" title and had him referred to as "emperor" when he returned due to king being an improper title for the ruler of an empire.

>A queen appears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6ucZsJQxbQ

Hoping they'll use her properly, but I'm betting she'll be the "bad" ruler to Princess Skystar being the open and trusting one. Like maybe She's skystar's mother?

The Empire's very first ruler was Princess amore. There was no queen.

Amore was the one who found the crystal heart and used it to make the empire, she was the first, and ironically, the last ruler before Sombra took it out.

As for the other Rulers, the majority of those kings and queens were in the comics and expanded  universe material, where the writers had more leeway to use titles better; Like they got rid of Sombra's "king" title and had him referred to as "emperor" when he returned due to king being an improper title for the ruler of an empire.

The Crystal Empire part 1 (Twilight reading aloud to Cadance) "The Crystal Fair. According to this book, it was established by their first QUEEN and became the most important tradition."

And whether expanded universe or not, they're all officially liscensed, and thus CANON material

The Crystal Empire part 1 (Twilight reading aloud to Cadance) "The Crystal Fair. According to this book, it was established by their first QUEEN and became the most important tradition."

And whether expanded universe or not, they're all officially liscensed, and thus CANON material

well canon is contradicting itself then, as the show says queen, the Journal and the Comics say princess.

In this case I guess one should default to the show as harder canon, but they can't both be canon :P

Edited by Unlikeable Pony

Is that...  a new Pony species?  I think it might be.

I think Capper will be the captain the Mane 6 hire to take them wherever it is on the ocean they are supposed to get to to visit these sea ponies, and his ship will get sunk and he'll have to tag along with them to get back home.

I really want to make a Gokaiger reference here.  But I'll instead say this.  Someone should have told them to never get on the boat (because the Kraken will always be unleashed).

With all these popular actors they're casting, does it feel like Hasbro is gearing this up to be FiM's grand finale?

I shudder at the thought.

I don't think so.  But with all this new stuff being introduced, this is definitely feeling very much like the status quo might change from this.

So we have Tirek's yeti uncle, Princess Buy-Our-Toys, Puss in Boots, better Starlight, and Captain Harpy Hips. Could've been worse.

As long as they don't tell us that these are the new main characters, or that someone is being replaced by one of them, I'll be fine.

well canon is contradicting itself then, as the show says queen, the Journal and the Comics say princess.

In this case I guess one should default to the show as harder canon, but they can't both be canon :P

It's like I said all along.  Separate continuities.

Edited by SBaby

Celestia, I love Emily's Tempest Shadow. But dang! Her horn got F'd! Base on the look of TS I'm guessing she's gonna be one of the MLP baddies? Or maybe not? Looks can be deceiving sometimes, and the next thing you know, she's one of the good guys despite her look. Can't wait! :idea:

Edited by G_NinjA_4