gaming Super Smash Bros. Thread

Fear Moonscar

OMGSHHH YES! I AM A DIE HARD FAN!

-_- I have all the games except for (obviously) the new one thats coming out. I am planning on getting the 3DS one, however, I wish they had no removed some of the characters. It looks great though!!

Growing up, I just played the heck out of those games!! I really loved Brawl though ^_^ My best characters were always Fox McCloud, Yoshi, or Pikachu!!

Agreed!! Fox is not only my favorite character, but my best character as well! I can kick some serious *DO A BARREL ROLL* with him! XD Cant wait for the new game!

• Brohoof 1

By the way, I just adore the Villager's final smash. It's just SOOOOO ADORABLE. 

Isn't it great??? I'm so looking forward to this game.

Here's a low quality version of what we saw of the Villager during Nintendo Direct!

(I pretty much play New Leaf non-stop so this is very exciting for me)

My husband was super dooper excited about Greninja. He looks awesome. 

(edited)

I personally love Greninja, best starter IMO. I really wanted Mewtwo back though. He was always my favorite and I was really good with him, then they snatched him away. I wasn't horrible with Lucario, but the fact he wasn't his strongest unless he had damage sucked.

The lineup seriously has some very stupid additions. I mean if they want to add things, fine. Leave the originals and those who have become favorites alone. You can't tell me they can't fit all the characters on a disc. Plus I always thought it stupid that Toon Link was there.

Edited by The Mane-iac
  • Brohoof 1

Honestly to not have a good focus on Pokemon + Mario characters would be silly, those are nintendos money franchises. then we could also look at new games coming out and such, give implications on who is coming out possibly. but Ness, C falc, and Jigglypuff, are our vet newcomers, kind of want to see them in every smash.

@@Celtore,

At the end of the Greninja/Charizard trailer, it shows Mega Lucario and Mega Charizard X, so one could only presume they're Final Smashes, especially since they showed Greninja's Final Smash in the same couple seconds. Which by the way looks freakin awesome.

Now about Greninja. Honestly, it's not at all what I expected. I didn't even think of Charizard coming as his own character for that matter. But Greninja looks really cool, so I'm fine with it. I couldn't care less if Ness, Jigglypuff, and Captain Falcon aren't confirmed. I never played those three anyway, and they aren't done with the characters. Hell, they introduced 4 or 5 new characters before confirming Diddy Kong. And seriously, do you think they won't be in it? Ness, Jigglypuff, and Falcon have been there since the original Super Smash Bros. Why would they get rid of them?

@@Celtore,

At the end of the Greninja/Charizard trailer, it shows Mega Lucario and Mega Charizard X, so one could only presume they're Final Smashes, especially since they showed Greninja's Final Smash in the same couple seconds. Which by the way looks freakin awesome.

Now about Greninja. Honestly, it's not at all what I expected. I didn't even think of Charizard coming as his own character for that matter. But Greninja looks really cool, so I'm fine with it. I couldn't care less if Ness, Jigglypuff, and Captain Falcon aren't confirmed. I never played those three anyway, and they aren't done with the characters. Hell, they introduced 4 or 5 new characters before confirming Diddy Kong. And seriously, do you think they won't be in it? Ness, Jigglypuff, and Falcon have been there since the original Super Smash Bros. Why would they get rid of them?

Because there was a lot of bitching about Jigglypuff, and apparently they "ruined" Captain Falcon in Brawl. As for Ness, I have no idea, unless there's some issue.

(edited)

Since Water types are super effective against fire types in Pokemon, I wonder if that will come into play when Greninja and Charizard face each other....

Edited by Brighty

Since Water types are super effective against fire types in Pokemon, I wonder if that will come into play when Greninja and Charizard face each other....

I hope not.  That was one of the "unique" things about the Pokemon Trainer that I didn't like.  I just hope that the FD only mode on For Glory mode works better than it actually sounds.  I personally would have preferred a Battlefield only mode since Platforms are very helpful for a lot of characters than just a flat stage like FD.

All in all, I'm satisfied with the Direct.  I'm also glad to see the return of Charizard.  He is my star during the Fire Red Nuzlocke challenge.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/gekkouga.html

So I guess I really wanted to see Keldeo appear, or Mewtwo return. & still no sign of Jigglypuff yet. and on that note Ness and Captain Falcon. I like Greninja, was in my opinion the bad ass starter from that region, but Idk, do know we got bombarded with smash updates today.

Hey Starlight Glisten, just letting you know that I merged the thread you made about Greninja in Smash Bros. with general thread about Super Smash Bros. that we already have here, since discussion of such news is better contained in this thread rather than in a seperate one. Thanks for your understanding. :)
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Megaman's final smash made my pants feel funny

Pretty mixed on Greninja's reveal. Disappointed that Saki and Ridley are staying as an AT and boss respectively. I swear if Isaac is still an AT....

But overall a satisfying ND

Edited by Randy Marsh

YOSHI-YOSH

screen-1.jpg

So, Yoshi's back. I'm very happy. I also like his more upright posture.

As for the other characters though, Making Sheik and Zero Suit Samus separate characters seems like a good idea. People only seem to play as one or the other a whole match. I don't really care for Charizard, but Greninja still looks pretty cool, even though I don't play Pokemon.

Also... 

screen-6.jpg

"Oh, you think that's hard...

...I'M JUST THE TUTORIAL LEVEL!!!"

(edited)

I'm getting more and more excited about this game! Greninja and Charzard look amazing in the new trailer! It seems that Nintendo has learned from their past mistakes this time and avoided using clones. Each character seems to have a lot more individuality to them, rather than being just reskins of other characters. This really does look like one of the best Wii U games to date! (Though Mewtwo better show up sometime soon... >_> )

Edited by DJ-BRONI3

I'm getting more and more excited about this game! Greninja and Charzard look amazing in the new trailer! It seems that Nintendo has learned from their past mistakes this time and avoided using clones. Each character seems to have a lot more individuality to them, rather than being just reskins of other characters. This really does look like one of the best Wii U games to date! (Though Mewtwo better show up sometime soon... >_> )

Tbh...it seeing as the inevitable Jigglypuff inclusion will bring the Pokemon portion of the roster to 5,, I don't see more Pokemon being included after that.

I really don't think Jigglypuff is gonna return

Of course not. Heaven forbid if they keep a character that requires some skill to play, and can wreck an entire battlefield if done right. Because, most people know how to play her...

At least Falco is gone...he's been bullshit since Melee.

Of course not. Heaven forbid if they keep a character that requires some skill to play, and can wreck an entire battlefield if done right. Because, most people know how to play her...

At least Falco is gone...he's been bullshit since Melee.

Falco has not been confirmed or deconfirmed yet.

I only play Super Smash Brothers Brawl for the Wii. I want the new one, but I don't have the WiiU :(

Anyway, I am a killing machine when I'm the Pokemon trainer

The 3DS version will be out this summer.

• Brohoof 1

Falco has not been confirmed or deconfirmed yet.

He better not. He's been unbalanced bullshit since Melee, and he needs to stay gone.