Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Lyra and Lyra

Totally Nyx

(edited)
On 3/5/2018 at 5:31 PM, Totally Lyra said:

I don't do it very often, aside from talking to her here, but I'd love to hang out with her more... as long as I'm not interrupting her princess duties. :adorkable:

I'm *never* too busy to spend time with my  BPFFF, Lyra Heartstrings:squee:

Speaking of which,

did you tell Totallly Lyra about our plans to take a trip to Las Pegasus with MinuetteLemon HeartsMoon Dancer Twinkleshine?

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

"You & Twilight both owe Me a free lunch, Lyra?" :okiedokieloki:

Uh Minuette I think that's more of a demand than a question. :confused:

Nopony asked you! :angry:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everypony! post-25189-0-33094200-1412626540.png

I do so apologize for the delay. I was spending time with some friends in Ponyville and Canterlot I haven't seen in a while.

You don't need to apologize Lyra. You deserve a vacation once in a while too.

Maybe, but they've still been waiting a long time and we haven't been here. :blush:

I guess we shouldn't make them wait any longer then. Bring your questions everyone, we'll answer them all. :)

On 3/5/2018 at 9:46 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

I feel the same way about Sparklefan:adorkable:

We're lucky to have such good friends! post-25189-0-33094200-1412626540.png

Totally (blushing) Lyra?  ^_^

:blush:

That sounds wonderful. :o

It really was! :pinkie:

On 3/5/2018 at 9:54 PM, Nightfall Gloam said:
  1. Yeah. I know how that must feel.
  2. You two should have an episode together. Was kind of hoping you'd be more present in Amending Fences, but aw well!
  3. You're welcome! :) 

So, Lyra, what is a typical day like for you?

I was a little busy that day Twi visited our friends in Canterlot. I would've loved to be there too, but I'm glad they had a good time anyway. :D

My day's aren't very interesting. I'm not one of those ponies who save the world every couple weeks, but I still love the life I have. My days mostly consist of spending time with friends, cleaning up around my house, playing my lyre in the park, visiting the market or Sugarcube Corner or other popular places in Ponyville, simple things. Oh, and occasionally I sneak through that mirror and spend time with Totally Lyra! post-25189-0-33094200-1412626540.png

On 3/6/2018 at 12:37 AM, ChB said:

Hello Lyra!

I hope you get a chance to play the lyre on stage, in future seasons! :) 

I'd love to! :D I'm afraid my skills aren't quite up to that level though. I can play some easy melodies, but nothing that ponies would come to listen to.

Don't listen to her, she's amazing! :pinkie: Or maybe I should say do listen to her. It's a delight every time I hear her play. Beautiful.

I'm not. . . It's not. . . :blush:

On 3/6/2018 at 12:52 AM, Sparklefan1234 said:

I'm *never* too busy to spend time with my  BPFFF, Lyra Heartstrings:squee:

Speaking of which, did you tell Totallly Lyra about our plans to take a trip to Las Pegasus 

with MinuetteLemon HeartsMoon Dancer Twinkleshine?

Thank you! :pinkie:

I haven't found a way to tell him quite yet. I didn't want him to be upset that I wouldn't be spending time with him that week. :(

Oh? You've got a fun trip planned? And why would I be mad, I'm always glad to see you having a good time. :D

Yay! post-25189-0-33094200-1412626540.png

On 3/16/2018 at 10:51 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

"You & Twilight both owe Me a free lunch, Lyra?" :okiedokieloki:

Uh Minuette I think that's more of a demand than a question. :confused:

Nopony asked you! :angry:

You're right. I'm so sorry I forgot. I don't think a free lunch could make up for that. :blush:

It's ok Sparklefan. I do owe her an apology.

On 4/3/2018 at 2:04 AM, Matraxial Artemis said:

Calm down everypony, ya'll might start a friendship problem

No worries. We have the princess of friendship here to help out if things get a little out of hand. Well, not here, but close enough. I know that Lyra and Sparklefan would both know where to find her if we need her. :)

On 4/7/2018 at 11:07 PM, ChB said:

@Totally Lyra

Congrats for winning the Cider drinking contest, Lyra! How did you do that? Does it run in the family? :) 

Thanks you so much!

I never doubted you Lyra. :D

I don't think it runs in the family. The cider you prepared was just so tasty! How do you make it so delicious? post-25189-0-33094200-1412626540.png

On 4/7/2018 at 11:22 PM, shadowwarp940 said:

Hey Lyra (from the show) how would you feel if I told you that I'm a human?

:o Can I. . . hug you? :adorkable:

On 4/11/2018 at 5:43 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

Greetings, Lyra 

How was your Unicorn Day?

Thank You *so* much for answering my question! :D

It was wonderful! post-25189-0-33094200-1412626540.png I did a lot of fun things in town with Minuette, including having some cake Totally Lyra made. :pinkie: (he makes some strange cakes, but they're delicious :D)

Woops, I think I took most of the answering and didn't leave much for Totally Lyra.

That's ok. You know it's really you everyone's here to talk to. :)

No I'm not. I'm sure they're here for both of us.

I know if it were me I'd just be here for you. ;)

Well I know that, silly. But that's you, they're them. :D

Come again everypony, we'll be here. post-25189-0-33094200-1412626540.png

• Brohoof 3

@Totally Lyra

Lyra, why is your cutie-mark an actual Lyre, and not the constellation, Lyra? It would certainly fit Equestria, and lots of ponies have constellation cutie marks. I just feel it would make more sense, but maybe that's just me?

Edited by CrystalBloodMoon
  • Brohoof 1

On 4/13/2018 at 7:21 PM, Totally Lyra said:

We're lucky to have such good friends! post-25189-0-33094200-1412626540.png

*Hugs BPFFF* :adorkable:

Thank you! :pinkie:

I haven't found a way to tell him quite yet. I didn't want him to be upset that I wouldn't be spending time with him that week. :(

Oh? You've got a fun trip planned? And why would I be mad, I'm always glad to see you having a good time. :D

Yay! post-25189-0-33094200-1412626540.png

Yay! ^_^ 

I *really* need a break from my own "Ask a Pony" responsibilities, myself. :adorkable:

You're right. I'm so sorry I forgot. I don't think a free lunch could make up for that. :blush:

It's ok Sparklefan. I do owe her an apology.

Still. It was incredibly rude of her to make a scene in a public forum like she did. :dry:

It was wonderful! post-25189-0-33094200-1412626540.png I did a lot of fun things in town with Minuette, including having some cake Totally Lyra made. :pinkie: (he makes some strange cakes, but they're delicious :D)

Was that after we rode the roller coaster at the amusement park? Probably *not* the *best* idea... :blush:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

On ‎6‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 2:31 PM, Totally Lyra said:

At first I thought he just separated them based on if they had holes or not, but then I noticed he sorts them by size too. Lately he's started sorting them by the design on the sock, like where the gray sections are. I snuck in one day with a marker and drew some designs on a few and he's been sorting them by those new designs too. ^_^

You did that?! D:

Oh, woops! post-25189-0-33094200-1412626540.png

*gasp*

you tampered with his socks?

heresy

On ‎6‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 2:31 PM, Totally Lyra said:

Hmm, I suppose I'll answer these first then let Totally Lyra have a shot.

1. Too many to count! :pinkie:

2. A few. :P

3. As many as I can. post-25189-0-33094200-1412626540.png

4. Just one. ;)

Your turn Totally.

Okie dokie. Let's take a look here.

1. Somewhere around 5 to 10, I don't know exactly, but I'd happily increase that number. :)

2. I think around 4 or 5. I'm not as big a fan of dogs as I am of cats.

3. One. :catface: . . . She's just so cuddly! D:

4. I'm thinking about 5 for this last one. Mostly my parents and very small cousins. :P

Those are some healthy statistics, I must say. :proud:

What is the single greatest mustache you have ever seen?

What is the single greatest [insert item here, e.g., coin, stamp, etc.] collection you have ever seen?

What is the single greatest marvel of technology you have ever seen?

What is the single greatest book you have ever seen?

• Brohoof 1

Greetings, (Totally) Lyra Heartstrings & Totally (Lyra). :smug:

I was wondering: 

"If Lyra Heartstrings travels between Equestria and the human world all the time, does anypony else ever travel with her?"

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

@Totally Totally

Which one of you is Lyra?!

Who does Number Lyra work for?!!?

And, you know, every time you say the word “Oats”, Lyra (No, the other Lyra.) I hear the word “Cats.” You really should stop eating cats. The homeowners association is gonna get on you for that.

So! What’s your favorite flavor of Cat?!!?

Edited by Widdershins
  • Brohoof 2

• 5 months later...

Oh wow, we've left this place unattended for far too long. But, we have some great news for everypony. We're closing this ask thread down and opening a new, bigger, better ask thread in a few minutes. And no, don't worry, I'll finish answering all your questions we've left unanswered before leaving. Totally already went ahead to the new place to get it ready for the grand opening, so I'll do my best to answer your questions by myself. I hope you don't mind. :blush:

On 4/13/2018 at 10:53 PM, Altastrofae said:

@Totally Lyra

Lyra, why is your cutie-mark an actual Lyre, and not the constellation, Lyra? It would certainly fit Equestria, and lots of ponies have constellation cutie marks. I just feel it would make more sense, but maybe that's just me?

It's probably because of my love of music, that's what my talent is. I admit it sounds like I'd have a talent for astronomy or something, but that's the beauty of a name that doesn't only refer to one thing. I don't have to be stuck doing that one thing if it turns out I like something else.

On 4/13/2018 at 11:32 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

Was that after we rode the roller coaster at the amusement park? Probably *not* the *best* idea... :blush:

Aww, but that was fun! And yes it was after. Definitely not a good idea eating right before a ride like that. :P

On 4/16/2018 at 7:48 PM, Duality said:

What is the single greatest mustache you have ever seen?

What is the single greatest [insert item here, e.g., coin, stamp, etc.] collection you have ever seen?

What is the single greatest marvel of technology you have ever seen?

What is the single greatest book you have ever seen?

There was this time a long time ago when Twilight cast a mustache spell on Spike. That one was pretty cool, but it was only temporary. post-25189-0-95061000-1412626521.png

Totally has a pretty large collection of those tabs you pull of off coke cans. I don't know why he keeps them, but he has a pretty impressive collection.

I can only choose one? But I've seen so many human inventions while visiting the human world! Maybe planes? They're so huge and somehow don't fall out of the sky. And so many ponies can ride in them. If that's not impressive, I don't know what is. post-25189-0-33094200-1412626540.png

I'm not much of a reader myself, but I've rented a few music books from Twilight's library occasionally, and she has a lot of great books in there. Oh, she showed me one once about mixing magic and music. It had a lot of methods of weaving magic into your music in the air before it reaches other ponies' ears. They were really tricky spells though, and I could never get the hang of them. Maybe I'll try that again some day.

On 4/18/2018 at 12:53 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

Greetings, (Totally) Lyra Heartstrings & Totally (Lyra). :smug:

I was wondering: 

"If Lyra Heartstrings travels between Equestria and the human world all the time, does anypony else ever travel with her?"

No, it's always just me. I offered to take other ponies with me before, but they take one look at the human world and run back through the portal. Twilight's gone there a few times, but she's usually busy with something else when I go through.

On 9/4/2018 at 12:20 AM, Widdershins said:

@Totally Totally

Which one of you is Lyra?!

Who does Number Lyra work for?!!?

And, you know, every time you say the word “Oats”, Lyra (No, the other Lyra.) I hear the word “Cats.” You really should stop eating cats. The homeowners association is gonna get on you for that.

So! What’s your favorite flavor of Cat?!!?

I'm Lyra. Me, the green one. *flails hoof around in the air*

Number Lyra? Who's Number Lyra? post-25189-0-95061000-1412626521.png

I don't! I don't eat cats! I would never! post-25189-0-69868400-1412626527.png

• Brohoof 2