Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Welcome to MLP Forums 2.0

Lavo

58 minutes ago, Jokuc said:

Looks like someone ctrl-a'd the whole site and changed the row spacing to 2.5, ew. I also don't like that friends are replaced by followers, nor do I like circular avatars but whatever. ..Doesn't this take away the big avatar feature for subscribers? The menu looks decent now. I wish I could have my "about me" or friends list above the warning point window, it's ugly and too big. Guess I'll have to get used to this..

(jokuc doesn't like change)

I agree to every single little detail you mentioned. And I will add an even greater dislike: Why does it default to Activity rather than About Me when visiting profiles? Profiles have always had the About Me focused on. I really think those two tabs should be switched such that it defaults to the About Me. Furthermore, it would seem as though we no longer have the ability to place our own backgrounds on our profiles - I would love to be proven wrong about that, of course.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Miles said:

I agree to every single little detail you mentioned. And I will add an even greater dislike: Why does it default to Activity rather than About Me when visiting profiles? Profiles have always had the About Me focused on. I really think those two tabs should be switched such that it defaults to the About Me. Furthermore, it would seem as though we no longer have the ability to place our own backgrounds on our profiles - I would love to be proven wrong about that, of course.

Not, joking, I was just about to edit my post to add these exact same things.

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, A.V. said:

Reminds me of a certain other MLP board I recently joined.

Yeah, we share the same base software. The only reason why we're two years late is due to the sheer number of customisations we've made, and lack of time to migrate a forum of this size. 

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Miles said:

1 minute ago, Jokuc said:

Not, joking, I was just about to edit my post to add these exact same things.

I do want to look at making the about me content more prominent and less hidey.

• Brohoof 4

I love the changes i've seen! love the new look, profile, the avatars being circular, and that fast reply has yout avatar here like if it was a comic-

the ponymoticons dont load for me at fast reply tho. but its normal, im sure everything will be fixed. very good job everypony! <333

I do miss seeing the recent replies from post i replied there in the main page like before. are they in another part?

cant wait to see the forum on phone. i used to go in the forums with that, glad you improved it <33

Edited by Tropico

Looks like some of us will have to adapt our avatars since they're round now. (Thankfully I won't.) It also looks it'll be a lot easier to post on mobile in general since the buttons on top are actually there now, and posting images, video, and text formatting will no longer be a pain in the ass on mobile either! :D

I don't have anything else right now, so here is a GIF:

medium.gif

It may take some getting used to, but I like it. The only thing that I don't like is the most recent topic replies is now limited to 5 and I used to browse topics using that list. 

Just now, Colt 45 said:

It may take some getting used to, but I like it. The only thing that I don't like is the most recent topic replies is now limited to 5 and I used to browse topics using that list. 

Take a gander the new activity stream https://mlpforums.com/discover/:)

• Brohoof 2

I just realized another thing... There used be the ability to view new status updates from all users. The new activity stream shows new replies, follows, brohoofs, statuses, and posts. Is there no way to only view new status updates like we used to be able to?

1 minute ago, Miles said:

I just realized another thing... There used be the ability to view new status updates from all users. The new activity stream shows new replies, follows, brohoofs, statuses, and posts. Is there no way to only view new status updates like we used to be able to?

I noticed the same thing. even if I'm not following/friends with said user, I see their brohoofs and other posting habits.

• Brohoof 1

I hate to throw a wet blanket on things, but choosing cover over content and basic functions is a monumental step backward. I don't care how pretty the new graphics are if I can't find anything anymore. This is the whole reason I left another, previous Pony forum. Not happy. :angry:

• Brohoof 8

9 minutes ago, Miles said:

You can go to unread content  at the top of your screen and filter it by type.

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, GrimGrimoire said:

You can go to unread content  at the top of your screen and filter it by type.

Ah, thank you for explaining this. Although, it didn't used to involve so many steps. :orly:

1 hour ago, Prospekt said:

It's really not bad apart from the sudden lack of signatures and the profile pages. Apparently I lost my gender xD and my About Me section is invisible unless I try to edit it (in which case most of what I had on there before shows up). The layout is different but I'm certainly not lost. And status updates are better now, given that you can post and interact with them more like normal thread posts.

Well, I'm trying the desktop site and it's a bit better. My signature wasn't erased after all. Yay :D 

11 minutes ago, Miles said:

Ah, thank you for explaining this. Although, it didn't used to involve so many steps. :orly:

It is two steps... which is not that bad, and it gives you a lot more control about what you do and do not want to see... the major problem is it does not let you do any sort of saving to the settings and you have to redo it each and every time, thus in that regard it most definitely creates a lot more steps. I also am not a fan of the round spotlights being placed over our avatars, since it removes a lot of detail in some of them and creates some unwanted cropping on many. Also it seems to have a lot more white than before, and is a bit more eye straining. Most everything else I can get used to.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, GrimGrimoire said:

It is two steps... which is not that bad, and it gives you a lot more control about what you do and do not want to see... the major problem is it does not let you do any sort of saving to the settings and you have to redo it each and every time, thus in that regard it most definitely creates a lot more steps. I also am not a fan of the round spotlights being placed over our avatars, since it removes a lot of detail in some of them and creates some unwanted cropping on many. Also it seems to have a lot more white than before, and is a bit more eye straining. Most everything else I can get used to.

You should be able to create your own activity stream, avatars are in review because in their current state they violate a subscriber benefit so there may be a return to squares :)

• Brohoof 4

1 minute ago, GrimGrimoire said:

The circular avatars and added white space are bothersome to me as well. The old design was much sharper, literally. The new design feels too soft, rounded, and light. 

fefcc11a7e.jpg

This new design is gonna take some time to get used to.

• Brohoof 2

6 minutes ago, Lavo said:

You should be able to create your own activity stream, avatars are in review because in their current state they violate a subscriber benefit so there may be a return to squares :)

Yeah I saw this, and had yet to play with it. This makes it a lot simpler to navigate. Thanks! ^^

9 minutes ago, Rarity the Supreme said:

I've been gone for a few days, only to discover this amazing upgrade. I'll have to learn to navigate my way around once again, but the simply divine leap in presentation certainly makes it MORE than worth it!!!!

I swear i read that with rarity's voice :D

now the emoticons work for me, but i miss my lovely twilight one than was like  :o_o:

i love that you can put covers on your profile

3 minutes ago, Tropico said:

i love that you can put covers on your profile

I much preferred the ability to place a background on one's profile. :maud:

• Brohoof 2