Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite Live-Action Disney Films?

CinemaBrony

Animated films aside, what are some of your favorite live-action Disney films?

You can include some of the Marvel, LucasFilms, and/or Touchstone/Hollywood Pictures films if you want. But me personally, I'm just gonna list [some of] my faves that were made and released directly by the Walt Disney studio:

• The Love Bug (1968)
  • Honey, I Shrunk the Kids (1989)
  • The Absent Minded Professor (1961)
  • The Happiest Millionaire (1967)
  • Mary Poppins (1964)
  • Bedknobs and Broomsticks (1971)
  • Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey (1993)
  • That Darn Cat! (1965)
Edited by CinemaBrony
  • Brohoof 2

On 3/28/2017 at 5:52 PM, CinemaBrony said:

Marvel, LucasFilms, and/or Touchstone/Hollywood Pictures films if you want

Oh thank god

Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy and The Force Awakens

EDIT: Fug I forgot about the first Chronicles of Narnia, loved watching that with my mom

Edited by Whompy Whomperson

As much I as like Force Awakens and the few Marvel movies that I watched, I personally won't count them for this list. That said the one live action Disney film that stand out for me is "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea." I enjoyed Maleficent as well, but Leagues is an amazing movie, IMO.

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, Great Prince said:

That said the one live action Disney film that stand out for me is "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea." I enjoyed Maleficent as well, but Leagues is an amazing movie, IMO.

This so much. I am a huge fan of the book, so the movie is an all time favorite. I fear for the upcoming remake.

Other films by Disney I have enjoyed outside of that though...

• Tron
  • The Black Hole
  • The Absent Minded Professor
  • The Love Bug
  • Escape to Witch Mountain
  • The Rocketeer
  • Flight of the Navigator
  • Old Yeller
  • Bedknobs and Broomsticks
  • Alice In Wonderland
  • Treasure island
  • Never Cry Wolf
  • Swiss Family Robinson
  • Pirates of the Caribbean Films
  • Brohoof 1

• Mr. Bank (kinda change my perception of mary poppin now..)
  • Alice in wonderland (1&2) only descent one so far.
  • Captain america
  • Ant Man
  • Avenger
  • Jame and the giant peach
  • The muppet
  • priate of the cab (1&2)
  • lone ranger
  • Pete's dragon (old version.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, the original Pete's Dragon, Song of the South, 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, Darby O'Gill and the Little People, The Incredible Mr. Limpet, The Absent Minded Professor (with Fred MacMurray), Johnny Tremain, Mary Poppins, Davy Crockett - King of the Wild Frontier, The Love Bug... the list goes on.

I had The Disney Channel as a kid.

OH! And Condormaaaaan!!!!! (The opening theme was my go-to humming song as a kid.)

The Jungle Book (2016)

The only live action transposition of a Disney Movie that I like WAAAAAAAAAY more than the animated one. I've never been a fan of the original Jungle Book, because.... Mowgli. Maaaaaaan Mowgli is one of the Most annoying characters I've ever seen in a movie, and as he's the protagonist he got the 90% of the on screen appearance in the Movie. No need to say he ruins any kind of enjoyment that movie could give me. When the Jungle Book live action movie was released in theaters, I admit I struggled in the wish of watching it, because despite the general consensus it got from both critics and crowd  (a VERY rare thing for a live action transposition of an animated Disney Movie) I still was burned by the old JB Movie and its annoying protagonist, but in the end I went to watch it and... SURPRISES OF THE SURPRISES: MOWGLI IS ACTUALLY ONE OF THE BEST THINGS OF THIS MOVIE. Yeah, I really like this version of Mowgli, MUCH better than his annoying animated counterpart, and he was the main reason I loved this Movie so much. Of course there are a lot of other things I loved, like the other characters, and of course the final battle. That was a moment I will remember for ages.... also, King Louie.... yeah. Who saw the Movie knows what i'm talking about.