Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What is your sexuality ?

DashingRainbow36

Well I've never met a male who I'd imagine pursuing a romantic relationship with but I have met woman who I've had romantic interests with so by default I'd say I'm straight.

HOWEVER, I am NOT one of those people who would completely shut the door on that topic. If I were to meet a gay man whom was such a beautiful example of godly man chocolate inside and out then I'd probably develop a romantic interest for and I would pursue them, so would that make me bisexual?

In conclusion, by practice and experience straight, in theory bisexual, female preferred.

(Though I'd never be open outside these forums about such theory, my Father would kill me! :( )

Man... I'm STILL getting likes for this.

WOW this post brings me WAY back!

I guess this post was an important stepping stone of me trying to embrace bisexuality.

It wasn't too long after that I had a few friends on here who were dealing with the same struggle and we all became good friends.

They really helped me embrace this new side to me and that's really freakin cool!

Its been nearly a year from there...

Now I've embraced and am proud of not just bisexuality, but pansexuality (all gender identifications and physical sexes "gender blind"). I think its pretty freakin rad that I had this forum and these people to help me along embracing something that I've hidden deep inside even to myself.

Unfortunately, even with a year nearly gone by, I'm still not open about all this to friends and family. Its mostly a family issue, actually its mostly a father issue. I'm sure that maybe within another year I can build up the courage to be open and free about these things!

• Brohoof 2

Man... I'm STILL getting likes for this.WOW this post brings me WAY back!I guess this post was an important stepping stone of me trying to embrace bisexuality.It wasn't too long after that I had a few friends on here who were dealing with the same struggle and we all became good friends.They really helped me embrace this new side to me and that's really freakin cool!Its been nearly a year from there...Now I've embraced and am proud of not just bisexuality, but pansexuality (all gender identifications and physical sexes "gender blind"). I think its pretty freakin rad that I had this forum and these people to help me along embracing something that I've hidden deep inside even to myself.Unfortunately, even with a year nearly gone by, I'm still not open about all this to friends and family. Its mostly a family issue, actually its mostly a father issue. I'm sure that maybe within another year I can build up the courage to be open and free about these things!

Glad you're coming to terms. ^_^ btw this is This Day Aria.

Make sure to leave your home and become open at a college. Leaving home can really help. Fortunately, I was able to come out to my father right before leaving. He was angry at first, but now, he's completely fine with it, and I don't see or hear him insulting the LGBT like he did. It's also fun to look and dress however you want when you leave, hence me playing with androgyny once arriving at college.I came out to him as someone who doesn't want to be defined by sexual labels, such as straight, bi, gay, etc., but I let him now that I'm attracted to people. So, the pansexual label fits me best if I had to choose. I'm just a very sensual person . :P

Edited by Zenith

I took part in this a while ago, but I decided to look at it again. There still seems to be a lot of confusion and misconceptions about pansexuality and asexuality. I'm just going to leave these here.

Pansexuality

Asexuality

But remember,

"(x-orientation) is like any other identity - at its core, it’s just a word that people use to help figure themselves out."

(PS: In case anyone is wondering, but doesn't feel like looking through the polls to see what I voted, I'm pansexual.)

I'm really fine with the way I am but I doubt I ever will come out to ''family''.

I just think it's none of their business who I like. (they don't even know that I already had some relationships with guys )

I'm really fine with the way I am but I doubt I ever will come out to ''family''.

I just think it's none of their business who I like. (they don't even know that I already had some relationships with guys )

I never actually understood the premise of "coming out" to be honest. If I was heterosexual, would I have to call a family meeting and alert everyone about my sexual preference?

"Guys, there's something I've been meaning to tell you... I'm... I'm straight!"

I just think it's a bit of an oxymoron when you're told that being queer doesn't mean that you should be treated differently to straight people, but then you're also told that you should hold some kind of ceremony to tell everyone about you being queer. By doing that, you're treating yourself differently. It's such a non-issue and I honestly can't get my head around why everyone is so fixated about it. Why the Hell does it even matter?

"WE'RE HERE. WE'RE QUEER. GET USED TO IT!"

No one cares, I'm trying to eat my lunch. :mellow:

• Brohoof 3

I never actually understood the premise of "coming out" to be honest. If I was heterosexual, would I have to call a family meeting and alert everyone about my sexual preference?

"Guys, there's something I've been meaning to tell you... I'm... I'm straight!"

I just think it's a bit of an oxymoron when you're told that being queer doesn't mean that you should be treated differently to straight people, but then you're also told that you should hold some kind of ceremony to tell everyone about you being queer. By doing that, you're treating yourself differently. It's such a non-issue and I honestly can't get my head around why everyone is so fixated about it. Why the Hell does it even matter?

"WE'RE HERE. WE'RE QUEER. GET USED TO IT!"

No one cares, I'm trying to eat my lunch. :mellow:

No, there's a reason. The reason being that the majority of people are straight, therefore not compatible to date. Considering how many straight people act when they get asked out by somebody of the same-sex, it is nice to know who's straight and who's not to avoid such awkwardness (Oh how I'd hate to be a gay guy, because some men show such insecurity in their sexuality when another guy asks them out).

But the straights want everything their way, I guess. They don't want any individuals letting others know that they're not straight, but at the same time how dare anybody of the same-sex ask them out. You can't have it both ways, you know. If nobody is allowed to be out about which sex(es) they're attracted to, how in the world is anybody supposed to know who is attracted to who?

As for the pride part, well... Society constantly puts down homosexuals and makes them out like they should feel ashamed of being what they are. When you have this happening unjustly it's only natural that the group will rise up and say "No, we will not stand for this. There is nothing wrong with us!". Which is exactly what "We're here. We're queer. Get used to it!" means. If you want that attitude to die, get rid of the societal pressure against homosexuals first.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

No, there's a reason. The reason being that the majority of people are straight, therefore not compatible to date. Considering how many straight people act when they get asked out by somebody of the same-sex, it is nice to know who's straight and who's not to avoid such awkwardness (Oh how I'd hate to be a gay guy, because some men show such insecurity in their sexuality when another guy asks them out).

But the straights want everything their way, I guess. They don't want any individuals letting others know that they're not straight, but at the same time how dare anybody of the same-sex ask them out. You can't have it both ways, you know. If nobody is allowed to be out about which sex(es) they're attracted to, how in the world is anybody supposed to know who is attracted to who?

As for the pride part, well... Society constantly puts down homosexuals and makes them out like they should feel ashamed of being what they are. When you have this happening unjustly it's only natural that the group will rise up and say "No, we will not stand for this. There is nothing wrong with us!". Which is exactly what "We're here. We're queer. Get used to it!" means. If you want that attitude to die, get rid of the societal pressure against homosexuals first.

What annoys most people like me who have nothing against homosexuality is how most gays/lesbians have to be so batshit insane on making sure everyone knows of their sexuality and they always get praise for it.

So how about I tell everyone that I'm straight, nobody sees anything interesting in that.

Homosexuals and heterosexuals can never be seen as equal, by straights nor gays.

Edited by TomzRD

There's a difference between being honest about your sexuality and performing the whole "coming out" parade. ;)

I'm not saying anyone should keep their sexuality a secret, far from it. I just don't see how people can say that being queer doesn't make you any different to heterosexuals, and then turn around and promote the idea of "coming out" if you're not straight, as well as using queer sexualities as a label or an identity and calling people with non-heterosexual sexualities a "community". You're saying that being queer isn't a big deal, but treating it as if it is. It just seems counterintuitive to me.

What annoys most people like me who have nothing against homosexuality is how most gays/lesbians have to be so batshit insane on making sure everyone knows of their sexuality and they always get praise for it.

So how about I tell everyone that I'm straight, nobody sees anything interesting in that.

Homosexuals and heterosexuals can never be seen as equal, by straights nor gays.

Also, that. ^

The only reason a lot of people probably don't know that I'm not straight is because they haven't actually asked me about my sexuality. I don't see why I should have to alert the whole world about it, just as straight people don't. (Well, some straight people feel the need to I suppose :lol:) And people assume I'm straight most of the time because of this.

"ERMAHGERD. YOU'RE NOT STRAIGHT!?" *derp*

"No."

"Y U NO TELL ME!?"

"I just did."

"ONLY BECAUSE I ASKED!"

"...Yes..."

Posted Image

Edited by Hansel

I'm pansexual. To be completely honest, I don't see a huge difference between genders, regardless of their biological features. If I'm attracted to them then I'm attracted them and there isn't much I can do. Genders don't seem like a huge setback to me.

• Brohoof 2

I was just on the bus today and one ad caught my eye, it was a ad by gay rights people, I found it quite amusing how they started off with people abusing people who were left-handed then some writing came up "It feels like crap being abused for just being yourself... It's the same for gay, bi and lesbians..." ( i got off before it finished) I found it quite amusing how the coupled being left-handed with being gay, bi or lesbian... and the abuse... These days there are probably more left-handed people than right handed, and I don't see people being abused for being left-handed (except for mayb catholics)

I was just on the bus today and one ad caught my eye, it was a ad by gay rights people, I found it quite amusing how they started off with people abusing people who were left-handed then some writing came up "It feels like crap being abused for just being yourself... It's the same for gay, bi and lesbians..." ( i got off before it finished) I found it quite amusing how the coupled being left-handed with being gay, bi or lesbian... and the abuse... These days there are probably more left-handed people than right handed, and I don't see people being abused for being left-handed (except for mayb catholics)

That's pretty much the point. The argument the advertisement made was that there's no more logic for abusing LGBT people than there is for abusing southpaws.

A bit of a silly comparison, I admit, but I do think it's still pretty valid.

So, I did post in this topic awhile back, but my sexuality has evolved since that, so I think it's alright for me to post again.

I am mostly attracted to people who identify as male or genderqueer. I tend not to be attracted to people who identify as female. This does not mean that I am not open to the possibility of being with these people, it is just unlikely. Hence why my sexuality is "queer" because that is the closest word to what I am.

Sure. I'll throw in my two bits. I'm pansexual. Don't really see gender identity or sex as a determinate for me to be attracted to, more like a quality that I can appreciate.

I'm also a furry if that matters for anything.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

OK so I have been reading this thread a bit and looked up the exact definition of asexual.

Asexuality (sometimes referred to as nonsexuality),[1][2][3] in its broadest sense, is the lack of sexual attraction to others[4][5][6]or the lack of interest in sex.

Notice the or. I have by now lost interest in sex, in fact I do NOT WANT sex, ever. Don't ask me why, I have just become like this over the last few months, and I have no idea why it happened. Must be hormones or something.

However, I can and still do feel sexually attracted to (some very few) others, in my case more towards guys rather than girls.

So basically this still makes me asexual right? Or not? :huh:

Edited by CloudsdaleCompanion
  • Brohoof 1

Hm. What do you mean by "sexually attracted"? I mean, I'm bisexual myself, but I don't always feel sexual attraction to other people. Sometimes it's just aesthetic attraction, where I think they look pretty or something.

I guess that might fall in the Gray-A area of Asexuality. Honestly, labels are just meant for comfort more than anything else.

I'm kind of in the middle between straight and bisexual. I usually find women more attractive than men, but sometimes... uh... yeah, I'm just gonna end this here...

• Brohoof 1

What do you mean by "sexually attracted"?

By "sexually attracted" I mean, well this is hard to explain, uhm, I feel "pulled" towards them and I really like him or her, but like I said, wouldn't ever want to have sex with that person. The "attraction" is there, but I just don't want more than that.

I am somewhat disgusted by sex now, which is really strange because 2 years ago I could think of nothing else. :blink:

Sometimes it's just aesthetic attraction, where I think they look pretty or something.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I guess people like George Clooney often fall into this category. He's handsome, no doubt, but you don't have to be attracted to him just because of that.

I guess that might fall in the Gray-A area of Asexuality. Honestly, labels are just meant for comfort more than anything else.

It would just be nice to be able to give a straight answer when somebody asks me. I'll probably just get weird looks when I say "I'm in the Gray-A area of asexuality", if you know what I mean. ;)

Edited by CloudsdaleCompanion