Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What is your sexuality ?

DashingRainbow36

I have a question for you... When you're not specially attracted to same sex, but you keep in mind, and you're open to option that you may end up with one... Is it count as being BI?

You must be at least sexually attracted to both in one way or another, even if you have a preference. Bisexuality is a puzzling umbrella term.

I'm 90% straight. I've never looked at a man and thought,  "Daaaamn that is hot!" But I'm not homophobic enough to turn down a fun toss with my gay friend... so I'm bi but only if I have known you for a long time and have an emotional attachment? I don't know what to call that really. 

Can sex be a recreational sport? I think that's pretty much what we do. I have a group of friends who are gay and when they get together and fool around I join them but I don't go clubbing and I'm not attracted to men in general. Now that I think about it, it's defiantly like a group sport. 

Edited by Plowplot
  • Brohoof 1

I'm straight, but I don't understand why lots of people ate on gays.

The whole gay marriage controversy is about whether or not we should treat some people differently than everyone else. Stopping gays from getting married is oppression. Taking away peoples' rights because of their sexuality is much more of a sin than being gay.

Also, being bisexual, asexual, pansexual, homosexual, omnisexual, etc., is not as abnormal as some people think it is. Scientists have found that many animals are not heterosexual. Your dog is probably omnisexual.

Edited by Bloo47
  • Brohoof 1

so I'm bi but only if I have known you for a long time and have an emotional attachment? I don't know what to call that really.

I was in a similar situation. I felt attracted to my best friend, I had known him for such a long time and he just grew on me and I wanted more (I wasn't asexual back then), so I started wondering if I was gay.

It didn't make any sense though because even though I wasn't attracted to any girls (I never even had a single thought like "she's cute"), I also wasn't attracted to any other guys either.

It was about then that I found out: If I spend too much time with someone, I will probably fall in love with him or her, no matter if it's my best friend or something.

That's why I have to be careful with getting to close to people. (though it has become less of a problem since I have lost interest in anything that contains sexual activity)

Can sex be a recreational sport? I think that's pretty much what we do.

Yes, it can be a group sport if you want to call it that, but be careful. You might fall in love with your friend. It's OK to "experiment" in your teens, but you shouldn't overdo it. Like I said, falling in love with your friends is not fun, trust me.

Wouldn't that be a great Olympic event? Hahaha! It would give sports broadcasting a whole new lease on life. 

"Well, John, I in my opinion his form was good, he had stamina and good lift but he really didn't stick the dismount. It was just sloppy. I don't think the judges are going to be kind." 

Edited by Plowplot
  • Brohoof 2

To be honest I'm quite...unsure at the moment. I would say I'm straight but I don't really want to because it brings me a lot of disappointments and sadness...all the girls around here pretty much are horrible sluts taking drugs, alcohol, and there actually are 12 year old hookers I've heard...also I'm kinda ugly. Now in an environment like this, would you strive for something you'll never get or just turn asexual to save your soul (and your nervous system for that matter) all the trouble?

This year's going to very important. I might get a chance and if I fail, I'll probably turn asexual. I'm just too sensitive for multiple failures at relationships. At least I think. And frankly, I don't feel like experimenting with myself.

Alright, that's me.

For all of you out there, I'm the person who gives the least bit of sh*t about your sexuality and I'm perfectly fine with your preference as long as:

1. You can accept that I don't have the same preference as you. I can tolerate you for who you are so this is the bare minimum I should expect.

2. You don't try to make me change my preference. It's just not going to happen. Well...ok, maybe if there was an apocalypse and we were the only survivors.

3. You don't always shove it in my face. People and their personalities have more depth than just sexuality. But that's just my opinion...

4. Just act like yourself and don't be ashamed to talk to someone with different opinions. If you're a douchbag I won't like you no matter your sexual preference...

Wow, this turned out to be a lot longer than I expected...So while I'm at it, why not keep on babbling?

I'd actually be really thrilled to make all kinds of friends...considering that some them are becoming really uh...trolly.

But mostly...I just hate society. And therefore I hate its views and opinions on things and people. I don't trust claims that say "non-straight people, are not people" or that they're "disgusting". ONLY I can be the judge of that, and not some dumbasses.

And by the way...what the hell is wrong with a straight (or a future asexual) person having feelings and emotions and sometimes showing them? Who do others think they are? Or am I supposed to act like an emotionless robot or something?

Alright I'm done, FOR REAL THIS TIME! :P

• Brohoof 1

I am straight.

If you choose to be straight, gay, or bisexual, or you currently are straight, gay, or bisexual, that's fine. I honestly do not care :) . Just please don't hit on me if you're (male-wise) gay, no offense.

Edited by Fallen Dusk

Isn't pansexuality and bisexuality essentially the same? I mean, attraction to all genders or both genders seems kinda the same, unless I missed some very relevant discovery. Not trying to be ignorant here.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Either way, I'm bisexual. I'm one of those people who say that if it has a hol- Nah, that's a joke. I promise.

Honestly, I think there is a hell lot more bisexual people than any poll will ever show, it's just that there are those who feel guilty about it and those who don't. I think that one should embrace love (emotional and/or physical), no matter where it comes from, when it it mutual.

• Brohoof 1

I'm asexual. Before, I was heterosexual, but I really don't find an attraction to any gender now. I was talking to some friends on Skype and they were talking about pansexuality and, forgive me for this, I had no idea what pansexuality was, so I looked up the different types of sexuality on Wikipedia and thought that I was more asexual than anything else. :P (Pointless story, but there! x'D)

Isn't pansexuality and bisexuality essentially the same? I mean, attraction to all genders or both genders seems kinda the same, unless I missed some very relevant discovery. Not trying to be ignorant here.

Bisexual means you are attracted to both genders, but can still prefer the one over the other, whereas pansexuals don't care about the gender at all.

Oh my god. I have to post this.

post-11101-0-41874000-1357429615_thumb.jpg

"I remember the day when I came out as Hispanic.

I changed my life for the better.

After years of questioning I finally understood who I am; Hispanic.

It was a hard decision, not knowing what would become of me, but I decided Hispanic is what it was.

I didn't get to come out on my own, my parents found the sombrero catalogs under my bed...

Once they caught me snaking out to Taco Bell they knew."

• Brohoof 8

I would not say this in real life but eh, I am bisexual.

my saying this in real life however... lets just say I would be purged from life :P

I do not see anything wrong with people who fall under other categories. 

Bisexual means you are attracted to both genders, but can still prefer the one over the other, whereas pansexuals don't care about the gender at all.

Sounds to me like someone just wanted to add something special looking to their sexual identity, because it still sounds pretty much the same to me. Again, no offense to anyone.

It just looks to me like  

A: "I like blue color."  B: "Yeah, but I like panblue color, meaning I like blue in all it's shades!"  A: "Yeah, that's what I said."

I'm Asexual too. I've never really been attracted to men or women, or anything inbetween. My friends' sexuality go all the way across the rainbow, so I've never really had any problems being accepted or accepting others. It's kind of funny when I tell people I'm an Ace, they usually say "So... wait, you have sex with... yourself... and have kids?" and then I have a good laugh. My mom is a bit of a bigot, but she has a lot of gay friends, so she assumes I'm gay, but has no problem with it. My siblings call me gay just because of ponies, but I think they tease. 

On a sidenote we should show this poll to anyone who says "all bronies are gay", it seems we have an overwhelmingly heterosexual population on this forum, so I beg to differ.

• Brohoof 2

Sounds to me like someone just wanted to add something special looking to their sexual identity, because it still sounds pretty much the same to me. Again, no offense to anyone.

It just looks to me like  

A: "I like blue color."  B: "Yeah, but I like panblue color, meaning I like blue in all it's shades!"  A: "Yeah, that's what I said."

Not quite. The difference between a Bisexual and a Pansexual is that a Bisexual is attracted to the male gender and the female gender, a Pansexual on the other hand does not see gender as a element in a relationship or attraction. They often disregard genders as a barrier and often loves someone more based around their character rather then the more physical gender attributes of someone aka genitalia, breasts, etc. A Pansexual could really careless about that and would rather just cuddle the person and love them.

This video may help explain things better:

Edited by NostalgicPony
  • Brohoof 1

Not quite. The difference between a Bisexual and a Pansexual is that a Bisexual is attracted to the male gender and the female gender, a Pansexual on the other hand does not see gender as a element in a relationship or attraction. They often disregard genders as a barrier and often loves someone more based around their character rather then the more physical gender attributes of someone aka genitalia, breasts, etc. A Pansexual could really careless about that and would rather just cuddle the person and love them.

This video may help explain things better:

Yeah, it kinda just confirms what I thought and perhaps didn't quite relay with the color analogy.

It's bit tricky as some consider pansexuality to be the default state from which the rest spans, some consider it to be subset of bisexuality, some consider it to be made up definition along with polysexulity and omnisexuality (some or most consider it synonymous to pansexuality)... And when the psychologists (sexuologists) can't really agree, then I guess it's fair to say it comes down to personal opinions.

Either way, I have said "I think that one should embrace love (emotional and/or physical), no matter where it comes from, when it it mutual." so I guess that by most of the definitions would actually make me pansexual, no?

Yeah, it kinda just confirms what I thought and perhaps didn't quite relay with the color analogy.

It's bit tricky as some consider pansexuality to be the default state from which the rest spans, some consider it to be subset of bisexuality, some consider it to be made up definition along with polysexulity and omnisexuality (some or most consider it synonymous to pansexuality)... And when the psychologists (sexuologists) can't really agree, then I guess it's fair to say it comes down to personal opinions.

Either way, I have said "I think that one should embrace love (emotional and/or physical), no matter where it comes from, when it it mutual." so I guess that by most of the definitions would actually make me pansexual, no?

Don't forget to pack your lunch!  I mean..  don't forget not to confuse sexual attraction or infatuation with love :P  Just saying.

Don't forget to pack your lunch!  I mean..  don't forget not to confuse sexual attraction or infatuation with love :P  Just saying.

Oh you're such a downer, I was trying to sound a bit romantic there and you screw me like this. (Pun intended)  :lol:

Ok, the hard reality is that when I said physical love, I mean sex. So what I said is that you should have sex (if you want to have sex) when you are attracted to person who is attracted to you, no matter whether it's a woman or a man. Except for that sounds a bit more wild than the romantic version.

Edited by Jessper

Oh you're such a downer, I was trying to sound a bit romantic there and you screw me like this. (Pun intended)  :lol:

Ok, the hard reality is that when I said physical love, I mean sex. So what I said is that you should have sex (if you want to have sex) when you are attracted to person who is attracted to you, no matter whether it's a woman or a man. Except for that sounds a bit more wild than the romantic version.

Sorry!  I'm glad you clarified that. :P  I hope I didn't make you look too much like a hedonist in your clarification.  Should have assumed that's what you meant.

Well I think I've made a point to flaunt my promiscuity. However I think I should make it quite clear that I am in fact Bi-sexual. I am sexually attracted to members of both major genders. I have no leanings either way. If your body so happens to tick all the boxes in my "totally would bang" check list come Hell or high water I will get in your pants.

• Brohoof 1

I am straight.

If you choose to be straight, gay, or bisexual, or you currently are straight, gay, or bisexual, that's fine. I honestly do not care :) . Just please don't hit on me if you're (male-wise) gay, no offense.

Uhm noone can actually choose their sexuality.

Also I don't get ppl that say they turn asexual just because they have no luck finding someone.

If that was the case I would have been asexual until summer 2011

which I clearly wasn't.

But that's just my opinion ^-^

Well, Polysexuality is where your attracted to most form of sexualities as opposed to a Pansexual who is completely gender blind, we could say its similar, but not completely the same. The same applies to Omnisexuality. Basically, Omni/Poly's see gender and sexuality has an large element in relationships, whereas Pansexuals don't and often ignores peoples sexuality or biological sex and just loves someone from the inside of who they are. Explaining a Pansexual's love nature is hard to explain sometimes. :P

I guess you could say you are a Pansexual, it depends if you don't love them because of their gender or sexuality (aka gender blind), otherwise maybe. But that's a concrete love philosophy that I wholeheartedly support anyways.