Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What is your sexuality ?

DashingRainbow36

Oh my gawd, thanks to a post in the life advice forum, I just found out I am not actually asexual. :blink:

Turns out I most likely definitely have the "Post Ejaculatory Guilt Syndrome". The description matches my symptoms perfectly, just that the guilt, depression, hate against myself etc. don't last for 5 minutes, they can last up to DAYS!

So basically, I think I'm most likely gay, but don't want to have sex or any sexual contact because of this sexual dysfunction. :(

I should probably get this checked out by a doctor or therapist shouldn't I? :(

Edited by CloudsdaleCompanion

Well, Polysexuality is where your attracted to most form of sexualities as opposed to a Pansexual who is completely gender blind, we could say its similar, but not completely the same. The same applies to Omnisexuality. Basically, Omni/Poly's see gender and sexuality has an large element in relationships, whereas Pansexuals don't and often ignores peoples sexuality or biological sex and just loves someone from the inside of who they are. Explaining a Pansexual's love nature is hard to explain sometimes. :P

I guess you could say you are a Pansexual, it depends if you don't love them because of their gender or sexuality (aka gender blind), otherwise maybe. But that's a concrete love philosophy that I wholeheartedly support anyways.

Whoa now, don't do this to me again. I haven'asked what they are, I have said in very calm and informative manner (also imagine me sitting on a big, red chair with a cigar in my hand, wearing a tuxedo) that it is debatable whether those are actual sexual orientations. Because they really are more of, as you said, a philosophy tied to an orientations. 

But it doesn't matter either way, I'm always up for people calling themselves whatever they believe fits them best, it just seems a little unnecessary here and there, mostly because it often tends to belittle people who stick with traditional descriptions. :P  

Oh my gawd, thanks to a post in the life advice forum, I just found out I am not actually asexual. :blink:

Turns out I most likely definitely have the "Post Ejaculatory Guilt Syndrome". The description matches my symptoms perfectly, just that the guilt, depression, hate against myself etc. don't last for 5 minutes, they can last up to DAYS!

So basically, I think I'm most likely gay, but don't want to have sex or any sexual contact because of this sexual dysfunction. :(

I should probably get this checked out by a doctor or therapist shouldn't I? :(

PEGS is something between urban legend and real disorder. You could run it down to a feeling of guilt caused by the pressure of religion or society. In another words subconsciously accepting that masturbation, certain kinds of sex or sex in general is bad and wrong and then causing the feeling of the guild comes after the "act".

But I'm pretty sure there is some friendly licensed sexuologist in your area who can explain you just that and more importantly, help you get over it. And there is nothing wrong with visiting such a doctor.

Also, with no offense to anyone, I don't trust people who say they are asexual in their teens. I may trust people who say it in their 30's , but 14-18 is just too early to be sure about anything. And you know that's true.

• Brohoof 2

Eh, this is a little on the side of N.S.F.W. talking about sexuality.

But seeing as if it does not actually cross it..

Nope, I am not a homosexual.

Haha back then you thought this was borderline nsfw? Oh man what has happened to the forums xD

I've already posted in here but I'm hetrosexual. Though I dont have much luck with women irl :P

I deleted my option from the poll. I may very well be bicurious but not to the extent I would normally hope for it to be. I'll see where my thoughts take me before I answer again.

Edited by Alfonzo Dennard

I'm straight. But it's complicated....

I would only ever enter a relationship with a guy, never a girl. 

But sexually, if I had the chance, I would probably f*ck anything that moves. 

Well it sounds to me like you are bisexual (you love male/female sexually)

but heteroromatic (you only like the opposite sex romantically) 

Well it sounds to me like you are bisexual (you love male/female sexually)

but heteroromatic (you only like the opposite sex romantically) 

Oh okay...But like, I'm not really attracted to females themselves...ugh it would be WAY WAY WAY NSFW if I mentioned it. Let's just say I'm not attracted to what they have, rather what they can do. 

Edited by Strawberry Tart
  • Brohoof 1

I dunno if I can ever truly be honest with myself... like... Maybe I'm what's described above. Bisexual, but heteroromantic...

It's the first time I've heard that word, but it sorta makes sense to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have quite a long story, a shameful one as well. I'm not too comfortable about telling everyone the deep scoop so I'll stick to main topic. I might have the weirdest story of why I became a brony and I'd be interested if someone would tell theirs (I think I'll make a thread about that). Well I was browsing the internet when I came across clop, you know, mlp xxx. Well I thought it was hot and one thing led to another. Keep in mind I had no idea about the brony fandom, nor the reboot of the show, I just thought it was hot. Then one day I was browsing netflix and found the show. I watched it, I loved it.

Once I saw the innocence of the show I went in denial about my fetish, for a while I thought it was the darkside of the fandom. It wasn't for a while that I told my friends on skype what I was into, I got made fun of for it and they referenced me every time they had a chance to. So if you ask me what the darkside of the fandom is, it's the people who claim they love and tolerate, but when threatened they quickly turn to hate.

Throughout all this I was fairly curious in the same gender and once becoming a fury it strengthened that feeling. So there you have it, I'm bisexual (god that was a horribly written story, oh well.)

• Brohoof 1

Eh I'm bisexual

Though a lot of people don't seem to get it

Sometimes my friends will ask me

"Oh which do you prefer guys? or girls?"

And I always have to reply saying

About how I am 50/50 on relationships

It's kind of annoying getting those questions

But I'm okay with it

To be honest I'm quite...unsure at the moment. I would say I'm straight but I don't really want to because it brings me a lot of disappointments and sadness...all the girls around here pretty much are horrible sluts taking drugs, alcohol, and there actually are 12 year old hookers I've heard...also I'm kinda ugly. Now in an environment like this, would you strive for something you'll never get or just turn asexual to save your soul (and your nervous system for that matter) all the trouble?

This year's going to very important. I might get a chance and if I fail, I'll probably turn asexual. I'm just too sensitive for multiple failures at relationships. At least I think. And frankly, I don't feel like experimenting with myself.

If you're like me, then your feelings of asexuality are actually due to environment/circumstance, but you already seemed to have accepted this as a possibility.

In my case I've felt straight my entire life, but the amount of physical attraction I've felt towards females has always been extremely low; for the longest time I chalked it up to me being asexual, with a hint of heterosexuality (sounds completely ridiculous, right? XD), but this wasn't because I honestly felt this way, it was, more likely, because I had never been in a romantic/sexual relationship before.

Only recently have I come to accept that a large part of this was me suppressing my own sexuality so that I felt like I would never want or need a relationship, not that I have to be in one now, but I'm able to accept that it's not something I entirely loathe (it IS nice to hold someone close to you...), that a relationship does have its own positive points. As to my physical attraction for the opposite sex... it's definitely there, but I've found that having compatible personalities plays an absolutely crucial role, as does accepting the person that I'm in a relationship with as a woman.

But more about accepting someone as a woman... I think my attraction to someone depends on their gender instead of their sex. I don't believe I would feel any more attraction towards a woman who associated themselves as a man, than I would towards any biologically born male walking down the street. In the same way, I know that, if someone associates themselves as female, I can feel attracted to them, regardless of which sex their body currently is.

I guess that means I'm straight, but in the sense that I'm attracted to the female gender. At least, this is what I know about myself so far... I'm sure there's much more that I will learn about myself in the future.

As a final reply to your post (I like to go off on random tangents I guess...) I don't think you'll ever be able to make yourself turn asexual if you aren't already. It's probably healthiest to accept yourself as being straight if that's how you truly feel, but to not let your attraction to the opposite sex haunt or depress you because of your environment or circumstance.

Edited by StingeMuffin
  • Brohoof 1

If I was a girl, then id be bi right off the bat.

But since I dont love any boys (and I would never love any), then im completley straight.

My pony is bi though.

Edited by Moon Wave

Well, if I had to tell you what I was I'd say Bi-Sexual. I mainly prefer men... there's been times I thought women were attractive. Only if I have a strong connection with that person. I don't really find most ponies attractive unless they have my trust.

Which is more of a case of being Demi-sexual rather than Bi-Sexual. > w(\ I'm weird.

I'm straight and always have been but as most people know there's always that 10-20% of their being that may see and identify outside of that. While I've never been attracted to guys it's the grey areas (traps, trans, futas, and furries) that i still find some appeal of outside of the traditional. That's one of the things i do like about the community is how they embrace many orientations as well as the general understanding that feminine is not bad. I think the rest of the world is slowly getting on board with this but it's going to take awhile. I'm certainly for equal rights when it comes to gay/ts rights and hope that we see this trend continue as discrimination is called out for what it is.

Edited by Freewave

I'm straight. But it's complicated....

I would only ever enter a relationship with a guy, never a girl. 

But sexually, if I had the chance, I would probably f*ck anything that moves. 

dogs, cats, animals with hooves.lol

is egotistic a option? Im sooooooooooooo goooooooood I scream my own name. LMFAO

if not straight it is

When I was younger I thought of myself as straight, but then I realized that wasn't the case. Then I believed myself to bisexual. However, bisexual did not cover everything. I believe myself to pansexual. Or I could just be bisexual with a open mind. Hm..

• Brohoof 1

I don't mean any offense by this, but what's with the ridiculous amount of bisexual people on here? I didn't realize there was such a high percentage of bi people.

Actually, twice as many people identify as bisexual as opposed to gay. So, this isn't surprising. I forget how much is added on when you count the pansexual identity, but that's a term that has only recently gained popularity.

I consider myself neither of these anymore.

I now utterly hate even the thought of me being in a relationship, having sex, or even nominally associating myself with any orientation.

Doesn't matter what gender, what context, etc. I hate the thought of being with any of them. :3

I'm with you. except i only identified as straight. after so many jacked up, dysfuntional relationships... i'm pretty much done

and, again, it's overrated. remember high school? if you didn't get laid you weren't "in" or the jocks called you gay and crap. but, you know what the beauty of asexuality is? nobody can ever even try to prove you're "gay" or "loney" or watev. so like you, those labels mean nothing to me... i'm runnin free!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chKn9wEbQds

Edited by zombronie

I'm...not sure...I have a girlfriend, I love me some ladies, but I do see myself as being a little gay. I've masturbated to some gay hentai and I've talked with my closest friend, whom I felt something or at least thought I did, about trying it (he was down for it, but we never got around to hanging out and I think he forgot), but that's as far as anything has gone. I've never done anything. I'd like to try it, if only to finally determine whether or not i am gay, bi, or straight. It's not that I'm scared of my sexuality or anything, far from it, I'm very open about my sexuality; I legitimately do not know.

So final verdict is, I'm straight...for now, but who knows what could happen.

Real Talk: I kind of wish I was bisexual. I'm not really sure why, but it feels like being bisexual would be...idk, right I guess. I'm not really sure how to describe it.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I like anal. Like, up my butt anal...yeah...

Edited by ComradeUncleJoe
  • Brohoof 1

I am straight, what I feel towards girls I find attractive, I do not feel towards boys. Though, I admit there are a certain kind of look boys that attract me too and I may go a little gay about it, it is those that have such hair style and look like err this  (and no, I do not like Justin Bieber just giving example of sweet looking ones maybe the word is 'twinks'!?). Maybe because I look a little bit that type of boys and well, I may feel something more towards such boys. Opposite of that, I do not have anything with those with more rude features, unshaved, bearded, looking more like someone in 30s, no not such.

But it may be because similar to how I notice - girls when one girl looks attractive, she makes sure to have attractive looking friends like her. And maybe that's why I also like those who look similar to me..

Edited by ImtR

I am a heterosexual. However, I have nothing against homosexuals. In my opinion, something is only wrong if it hurts you or anyone else mentally or physically. 

I'm pretty torn these days. I am definitely leaning more towards being straight, and am generally attracted to females, but that is not to say that I can't be attracted to another male. You see, I wouldn't rule someone out of a relationship just because of their gender but naturally, I lean more towards females. Does that make sense?

• Brohoof 1

I'm pretty torn these days. I am definitely leaning more towards being straight, and am generally attracted to females, but that is not to say that I can't be attracted to another male. You see, I wouldn't rule someone out of a relationship just because of their gender but naturally, I lean more towards females. Does that make sense?

I'm a straight guy and I don't feel the same way about guys, but I definitely understand what you mean. That makes sense to me, it's just not something I would be able to do personally. 

• Brohoof 1