Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony: Fighting Is Magic

Discordian

No. They haven't given any estimations or projections, which in my eyes is a good thing; I'd rather they spend the time needed to get the game nice and polished rather than rush through things to meet some arbitrary deadline.

No. They haven't given any estimations or projections, which in my eyes is a good thing; I'd rather they spend the time needed to get the game nice and polished rather than rush through things to meet some arbitrary deadline.

*Cough*Sonic06*Cough*

New video released, character trailer for Twilight Sparkle. The game has undergone a lot of polish since the live stream, combos seem to flow better, and you can catch a glimpse of Twilight's magic system.

Also, Pinkie Pie is featured in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxFnpBh22Sg

Additionally, the Mane6 site has undergone a significant update. I am so bloody hype.

Game looks amazing but we already knew that. Yay for hearing Twilight's theme. It's a quality piece of music, just not my type. Applejack's theme is still #1 to me and I'm looking forward to hearing the other 4.

Edited by DJ XFizzle

• 4 weeks later...

Needs to have a character creation!

Q: Well, then. Will there be a custom-pony maker so we can add our own OCs?

A: Creating a viable custom character maker isn’t as easy as it sounds; It is NOT only creating a “blank” pony and tackling a custom palette on top; It requires far more resources into developing and technical creation than we can invest on it, and the end result would most likely end up being unsatisfactory, both for the players and the Devs… Not to mention it’d push back our Live release to end of season 3, or so.

Q: Can we do our own modifications to the engine?

A: No. A modified game will automatically change the version number, likely breaking some functions (such as online versus).

Modded games will also not be supported for bugs and not able to participate in official events.

Q: Why not; What could be bad with modding the engine?

A: Balance issues, mostly. We’d not want people messing with the game numbers to “cheat” online. We know it isn’t everypony intention when thinking of game modding, but we’d not want to risk a few people spoiling the fun for everyone.

Q: Are you open source?, Will you be releasing the game assets once you're done with them?

A: Sorry. No.

According to my estimates by their progress, the game should be out in April-June if they are actually fast.

I also believe that this is a perfect way of getting more bronies, although fighting does go against pony ideas. I also think they should add transformations to some characters =P.

According to my estimates by their progress, the game should be out in April-June if they are actually fast.

I also believe that this is a perfect way of getting more bronies, although fighting does go against pony ideas. I also think they should add transformations to some characters =P.

I think there could be some really cool transformations, even though I doubt it will happen. Twilight could burst into flame, Pinkie could become Pinkamina (Party of one, not Cupcakes), Luna could become Nightmare Moon, and more.

I wonder what super power attacks (like final smashes in Smash Bros) there will be? We already know Twilight will glow and lose control of her magic, like when she got her cutie mark, but what about other characters? I think it is a safe bet that Rainbow Dash will have a Sonic Rainboom and Fluttershy will call animals to aid her. Applejack might call in help from her family. I'm not sure about Pinkie Pie and Rarity.

I'm going to get it on the day of it's release, practice my fighting skills on local games (before it comes out I'll use Street Fighter IV as a substitue, :D) then tromp around online as Fluttershy. :D

When does this release?

It's extremely hard to say with things like this given that they're developing the game in their own free time and aren't being paid for anything; not to mention the fact that they seem to be doing a very good job of keeping their development quality extremely high.

TL;DR: Who knows, but it'll be worth the wait.

As a side note, some new information regarding Fluttershy was posted the other day.

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...

foranybody wondering they found all the voice actors for the game! one step closer to completion! my guess for a release date would be febuary :)

The sooner the better is what my mind tells me, but I my heart wants them to take their sweet time, and put as much effort they can into it (As they have been so far).