Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Askonequus! Er, Ask Widdershins!

Widdershins

11 hours ago, Widdershins said:

...TV Y?    ….that's a show, isn't it?

I don’t even know. I just know that it’s in a webcomic that I happened to read

And those are octopi, thankyu! Squids have pointed heads! Hnyur!

Welp, there’s that

And that fellow there isn't much of a fuss. A huge cloud of tentacles swarming past isn't much more a bother than a big, floofy mane of curls, amiright? It's got nothing on Azathoth, who's basically a living galaxy of less tentacle & form and more of just shapeless mass constantly frothing in madness, and musical drumming & piping!

Well, I mean, Gl’bgolyb DOES have to devour the guardians of many of those on her home planet so that she doesn’t make said aliens on her home planet go extinct just by raising her voice, but if she loves Feferi I’m sure she’s nice.

Yeah, oddly enough you can be an all-devouring old god of pure alien inexpicableness… and still be a huge music fan with a pretty stellar knack for rhythm!

This is . . . good news?

Can say I'm specifically aware of Horroterrors, but I DID spend some time in the Tentacle Dimension and consider myself a Fair Expert on Tentacles! Lookit them fleshy beaks! Those adorable little grease-bubble eyes! Like that thing could possibly actually eat you! Ain't nothing sharp on it at all! I know my author is vividly imagining what it'd be like to swim in all those tentacle-

I really need to ask Feferi to ask the Horrorterrors to glub up a dream bubble for you so that you can meet them, like she did for Jade  

I’m sure that if they needed your help you’d at least consider it. Just don’t go grimdark.

16 hours ago, Widdershins said:

Nah, no one else has brought it up so far. What specific personality test you have in mind? I've taken a few of them myself before... mostly pokemon ones.

A personality test for a certain webcomic related to the above video. I’m obsessed with it I like to do it for fun. It gives you a cool symbol and everything :orly:

16 hours ago, Widdershins said:

Thing is, the Zodiac is kind of an ethereal thing. As of the Chinese Zodiac, I am a Water Snake, where the elemental qualification is a carry over from the Romanized sign of Cancer. And, as I've learned, the star map kind of has shifted a bit since the zodiac's initial conception so what you are now isn't quite what they originally said.

Ah, of course.

For this quiz I meant Aries/Taurus/Gemini/Cancer/Leo/Virgo/Libra/Scorpio/Sagittarius/Capricorn/Aquarius/Pisces.

Also, everyone seems to know about the stars shifting nowadays :twi:

A lot of people that are a fan of the zodiacs (as I listed above), however, opted to ignore that (and ignore the supposed thirteenth zodiac).

@Galaxical Phoenix

You never actually asked me the questions.

I give & gave you full permission! As I stated, I am Cancer.

Actual Cancer.

If that be enough for you to start in on, ask away! Several at a time, in fact! I'm more than willing!

...Oh! It's that...! ...Homestuck thing! I saw Linkara review a bit of it! As I understand it, it's unraveled into its own whole mythos despite it being nearly impossible to start reading it from its beginings over on its early days of flash-animation choose-your-own-adventure stuff!

...Oh! It's that...! ...Homestuck thing! I saw Linkara review a bit of it! As I understand it, it's unraveled into its own whole mythos despite it being nearly impossible to start reading it from its beginings over on its early days of flash-animation choose-your-own-adventure stuff!

Yay Homestuck! :yay:

It made my life so much better and so much worse at the same time :love:

Anyway, I’m just going to throw the first eight questions at you :mlp_icwudt:

Some people on the internet you know are negatively discussing something you hold dear. You could just let it slide, or you could get in there and defend it with your life. How do you respond?

You are all set to cook dinner, when you realize you are missing a couple key ingredients from the recipe you're using. What do you do?

How do you feel meeting online friends in person for the first time?

You're having a hard time grasping a topic in a class that everyone else seems to be fine with. You:

You start taking lessons to learn something you've wanted to for awhile-a language class, art class, bartending lessons, etc-but decide a few weeks in that it definitely isn't your thing. You decide to stick it out, though. Why?

When you're on holiday, do you prefer to leave your itinerary mostly up to chance, or do you plan it out ahead of time?

A friend of yours and someone you don't know are caught up in a heated argument. They've asked you to help facilitate. You want to support your friend, but after hearing both sides, you actually agree with the stranger. How do you choose who to support?

You have a very important message to write, over email, or some other text communication method. It's a sensitive matter, difficult to compose. Possibly of an emotional or confrontational nature. When you're done writing, you're about to hit the SEND button. What next?

Let me know if you want to know the actual options for any of these questions :catface:

• Brohoof 1

@Galaxical Phoenix

1.  Fire. I respond with fire.  Oh, that's your answer to everything! Made all the more worse since you don't quite know what fire is!

Eh, I might chip in, but it's no skin off my teeth. I'm well aquainted with knowing that further arguing isn't gonna make others change their mind or get anything anywhere.

2.  Panic?   Oh, that's your answer to everything! Made all the more worse since you don't quite know what true panic is!

...you're mocking me, aren't you?            Hey now! I'm not the one that copypasted it!   … Meta!

Well, much as I like recipes, I'm not all too regimented to them. I will substitute or guess at amounts as needed... and those lead to some... "creative attempts at cooking." I will almost never put the work so far done on hold until I can go to the store to buy new ingredients. Better to use what's on hand.

3. Well, haven't yet... but i'm aiming to! It's pretty nervous trying to get everything to go right!

4.  Panic?  Would you stop with that!

Well, to be honest, if past experiences are anything to go by, the procedure is: Drag Everything Else to a Screeching Halt Until I Get It. Can't tell you how many times I've called the teacher over into a middle of the class discussion with a "But what if...?", "So does that mean...?", "So for example...", "How will this effect us getting more homework?"...

5. Because I've already started it. A lack of interest doesn't lessen the initial interest. Unless something directly blocks going further with it... I stick to my guns. Loyalty! ...plus, kind of already paid for it...

6. I find the best approach, to not overwhelm myself, is to simply state mentally to "Go HERE!" Like, if I was to go to Disney, I'd take a quick scan of the map, claim a few spots as interesting and work my way there... while letting my body wander with my mind towards checking out whatever may be along the way.   ...and then inevitably feel depressed that I didn't get everything done at the end of the day, like that was avoidable. Lol!

7. PANIC!  I don't. I don't like picking sides, or arguments much for that matter. More often than not, I pick and choose little things from both sides to weave both together to kind of show how each side sees things differently. And I do like playing Devils Advocate. I prefer to show that its not so much about making decisions so much as accepting what stance you happen to find yourself in.

8. What isn't an emotional or confrontational matter? Panic, fidget, squirm, procrastinate. I find the more I have to think about things, the more I can't make a decision. Better to just go: "YUP! NOPE! DONE! HITTING BUTTON NOW! DONE!" There will always be little things I feel I could tweak or word better or.... just go into perpetuity until I don't know how to end things. I've gotten to a place where I feel I'm happy at just chucking out what I got, be that as I may.

I try not to edit much, especially around these here forums. Only If I feel I can add a bit more wit into things than the first time around. What's done is done!

@Widdershins

It’s glorious how some of your answers align perfectly with some of the options on the test

I mean your answers alone are already glorious

PANIC

Anyway, you just finished the Lunar Sway questions! Your Lunar Sway is Prospit. Which does mean stuff, but we’ll get there later.

3C253382-1D4D-466C-996D-BF67BC3F3EF9.png.86e5e259970446484c869b14d6193e6b.png

Continuing with the first half of the Aspect questions:

Think about your life as if it's a story, and you're the main protagonist. Do you tend to view yourself as lone hero, who along the way meets other supporting characters, who only have a tangential relation to your personal journey? Or do you view yourself as just one hero in an ever-shifting ensemble of important protagonists?

When you want to help people accomplish something, and they don't know what they're doing, are you inclined to show them how to do it? Or are you inclined to make them feel motivated or inspired to do it?

When you are learning about a new subject, or reading a fascinating story, do you feel a strong desire to know everything about it, and have all your questions answered? Or are you more compelled or inspired by the feelings of mystery surrounding not knowing everything?

When you hear someone explaining something to someone else, in a way that is questionable, or in a way that makes you suspect they don't fully understand the subject they are explaining, are you more inclined to: teach them everything you know about the subject, to set the record straight? Or just cast doubt on the misinformation, without offering much in the way of correction?

If you could choose one ability, which would it be? The ability to travel to any period in history on Earth at will, past or future? Or the ability to safely travel (such as, on a nice ship) anywhere in the universe at will, instantly?

If you are working on a project (something you're doing for yourself, not for anyone else), are you obsessively focused on the end result of the project? Or are you enjoying the process, regardless of how it turns out?

• Brohoof 1

@Galaxical Phoenix

1. The latter. I don't consider myself much the protagonist, but the analogy to a story is quite apt.

2. I like to think helping is important. But I kind of go the way of telling others what would be a good idea... then inevitably it all goes sour, so... no, I don't anymore.

Still think criticism is good, and learning from mistakes, but you can't really help what others do or how they interpret what you offer. So Yes, then No.

3. As a reader, yeah, I like being led to ask those questions and delve deeper. As a wannabe writer, I think its important to leave questions unanswered so there's that depth of character to spelunk! There's a limit to mystery, I'd say. I'm a perfectionist so I'll lose my patience & cool if every chapter is loudly going "OOOH! NEW STUFF! WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN NOW, DUMB READERS?!!?"

4.  I watch Mystery Science Theater 3000.

I am a Critic.

You should see me in the movie theater. You can't shut me up short of actually setting me on fire. I will acquiesce that i'm not an expert, not perfect by any means. But I can see stupid when it displays itself. Opinions have a right to be voiced, they don't have to be heard. If i'm experiencing, I have a right to loudly express aforesaid reactions! You're being wrong isn't the important part nor is my being right... just so long as you're aware that there was wrong being done here.  OH, I'll explain if you want, but... yes, yes, the latter option.

5.  ...Safely, you say?!!? Look, I'm a homebody. I prefer to see adventure in what I happen across, but... I've watched Doctor Who. Travelling is asking for trouble!! Guaranteed safety is nothing to slouch at!!

Are those our only two options? Like, I'd love me some well-managed teleportation powers but.... I've seen what happens in teleportation experiment accidents... it ain't pretty. And I ain't no prize to begin with!

6. The former. /Shrug, Pefectionist. Despite my self portrayal as a draconequus, I find order important. There are always a strict, regimented, well-defined series of steps for every. single. action.

Hands alternate self a paper bag.

*Hyperventilates*

Not that that's a healthy mindset, no.

….you should see him attempt to proofread our spelling! Don't get him started on spellcheck quirks! 

9 hours ago, Widdershins said:

Are those our only two options?

Eeyup. You need to pick one. Or neither, I guess. I mean, there is the option of “Too hard to choose,” which I would consider a “neither.”

Onto the second half!

Which option best describes what's more important to you? Understanding yourself, and fully knowing who you are? Or thinking rationally, and making strong decisions?

What idea is more interesting to you? The ability to fully understand your potential as a person? Or the ability to fully understand all potential consequences of your actions before taking them?

Which better describes your attitude? Having great conviction in certain beliefs or ideas you're attracted to? Or casting strong doubt on beliefs or ideas you dislike?

When circumstances are intolerably bad, which are you more inclined to do? Come up with the best alternatives or solutions, and work as hard as you can to make those happen instead? Or don't worry about a better alternative, burn it all down, and whatever follows, you'll just deal with it as it comes?

If you see someone suffering, are you most inclined to do whatever you can to help them get better? Or is your instinct to relate to their suffering, to empathize, without necessarily considering how you can help?

When someone suffers misfortune so terrible that you know there is nothing anyone can do for them, are you most inclined to: feel horrible that nothing can be done? Or feel resigned to the sense that this is the way of the world, and some things just can't be helped?

• 3 weeks later...

@Galaxical Phoenix

7. Well, I would guess that being "rational" implies rationing out your emotional responses to come to a decision. The former, I'd say. Better to know yourself to know what decisions you would make & be okay with doing.

8. The latter. It's not really... possible to know everything & spending too much time mulling over what could happen isn't really productive. But its nonetheless where I spend my time!

9. The later one, of course. I did mention being a critic! That's not to say finding fault in everything, so much as being aware of the faults in what you do love, and loving them in spite of or even because of where you know things fall flat!

10. Panic?

Burn!  Life is a play! A sequence of events from one to the next and its your role to showcase as much fun as you can! ...and drama!

I agree. What I've always found fault with in most shows is how much would be solved if those involved were honest from first impressions. If you get across what your goals or intents are right off first, then... we can get on with things and not keep bouncing back and forth what with the "will they, won't they?!"

I keep finding myself stuck on what the "Best Choice" is too much to feel it isn't better to just roll on into the next issue. Results speak for themselves, I suppose.

11. Oh? There was an option besides empathize? It never occurred to me! I feel its best to just simply start with asking... then go on from there. 

Can't exactly help somebody if they don't tell you how they want you to help.

12.  ...I don't shrug things off easily.  It is far easier for me to bemoan tragedy than just waive it away. A much more empathic approach, to whit, the prior question's response.

A quite Rarity response, I should say. Tell others how dramatically dire the situation is so that I may further express it as such. Heh!

….Oh, and heh, went almost a month there....Whoops! My bad!

6 hours ago, Widdershins said:

….Oh, and heh, went almost a month there....Whoops! My bad!

That’s alright!

In any case, it’s time for the final results!

Okay, I didn’t really expect this one . . . whatever, I’ll just go ahead and . . .

Your associated zodiac is Cancer; therefore, your sign is of a limeblood (or, if you want to be politically correct, of a yellowgreen-blood).

Your Lunar Sway, as mentioned, is Prospit

And lastly, your aspect (which may not be completely accurate*) is Rage.

Therefore, your complete Extended Zodiac sign is Canicorn.

You can view the page here: http://hs.hiveswap.com/ezodiac/truesign.php?SC=4&SR=1&AR=6

*If you feel like it’s inaccurate, you could always (re)take it yourself (( http://hs.hiveswap.com/ezodiac/ )) or just look at the aspects (( http://hs.hiveswap.com/ezodiac/aboutaspects.php )).

bUT have fun with that

What do you mean, I want to make you a fantroll? Shhhhhhhh