Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Askonequus! Er, Ask Widdershins!

Widdershins

1 hour ago, Widdershins said:

No, Oshu'gun is much bigger. So big, in fact, that dust fragments of it can be found on all the beasts in the area and and seems to have some sort of mystical pull on all the wandering spirits in the area. And boy howdy do alot of people get killed out there!

The Genedar?

1 hour ago, Widdershins said:

Well, that depends on the definition of adorability, doesn't it? If you mean fluffy or clearly can't take care of herself to the point it makes you want to do so for her... then yes. By all means.

I concur.

The definition of adorability is derived from the observation of that which is adorable.

Such circular reasoning.

Simple question this time:

IS IT TRUE?!???!?!??!!?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 12:09 PM, Widdershins said:

Eh, Halibut. I can't keep it up any longer! It's too indecipherable to copy!

Ohhhh, that's what you were trying to copy.

I was confused because you're not normally the sort to copy anything:P

Which would you rather be able to pwn everyone else on earth at, air guitar solos or ninja boops?

Who would you rather be able to pwn epically in a live-TV fight, Dwayne Johnson or Jacky Chan?

What is the beginning of eternity, the end of time and space, the beginning of every end and the end of every place?

What part of your body vanishes every time you stand up?

• Brohoof 1

On 3/2/2018 at 8:13 PM, Duality said:

I was confused because you're not normally the sort to copy anything

Pfft! Fuh~  I!...  Th-that's just called r-referential humor! If anything, I just sort of paraphrased things a bit! Alluded to! Sort of a way of sharing something I also had a beneficial experience with! N-not like I want your attention or anything, b-baka!!

Scrunchface.png  I ain't no derivative! 

But onto thy questions!

The booping of course, even if I am still unsure on the meaning on context.   Pirate Booping is far better of course! Less stealth and more of "you can see it coming from a mile away and know in your heart there's not a thing you can do to stop the inevitable boopings!" Like a cannon! Loaded with a Booponball!

ALL STARBOARD BOOPONS FIRE!!

The latter, of course. Because he would clearly be one of those many knock-off actors pretending to be the real JackIE Chan. But either way, more entertainment to be had there. Mister Johnson seems a bit too far on the opposite side of the proverbial spectrum of personality to come to agreement of only throwing slapstick punches that only seem to make contact.

ME.   Think that was meant as the riddle, not a literal answer. Or an arrogant one at that.

But really now, Good Sir and/slash/or Mad'aam. That's an easy one! The letter E!

My spine & most of my skeletal structure. ...unless that was another one of those riddle things that needed another snide, intelligent answer to it. You all mysterious like that, bruh.

On 3/2/2018 at 8:16 PM, SolarFlare13 said:

What is your particular interest with Tentacles? :wacko: Would you like to have an Octopus as a pet? :catface: What does a Discordian Wabbit eat? :muffins: What do you like to do as a Discordian Wabbit? :3

Well that's the thing there, Boopie! I firmly believe tentacles can get a bad rap for what they've been used for in the past! Tentacles can be innocent & cute too! Just look up the Tentacle Kitty meme! Just kinda, sorta, a more Kowa-Kawaii kinda cute, but still! It's like coffee or alcohol, you know. It's a taste you've got to get used to that most others can easily look at and wonder how the acchonburike anybeing would even think to pick up a habit like that in the first place. And on top of that, it's far too easily to use it the wrong way and take your interest to unhealthy levels.

But it's not just that either. They're just soooo Useful! Think about it! If I can sell ya on the idea!! 

Tentacles are the perfect limb! It's one long cord of muscle, pretty much, with only a thick layer of membrane over it. You can't snap that puppy in half like you would with some flimsy, human bony limb! You break a tentacle and it can either heal up from the puncture like most skin or membranes would or just snap off entirely and become its own gatakiribaing thing! 

Plus! Those literal suckers have quite a grip on them, more then you'd even think! AND they're quite dexterous to boot!

Can still remember that old man from the aquarium regaling me with the story about the old giant octopus they used to have when he was still young there that got a bit... uh, "handsy" at feeding time. That she was strong enough to practically pull him facefirst into the tank, but gentle enough to slowly undo his shirt buttons. ...T-to try and find the fish that she was getting impatient for, that is! Pretty sure if anybeing had walked past as he was telling the story then that they would have seen me blushing in amazement like a schoolboy. Lol!

...but I'll be totally Frank & Earnest with you as to why, specifically Widdershins is designed with a claw & tentacle. I need one limb to make a snapping sound with and another to pick me nose. That's pretty much all I care to have limbs for, really.

Tentacles are very good at getting into small places! And stretching at that! They get everywhere & do everything! They're like the Shamwow of Limbs!!!

Besides that, Tentacle Beasts tend to be rather adorable in our opinion! ...well, the ones not lunging at you at least.

sad_tentacle_monster_by_moenorman.jpg

cute_alien_tentacle_pet_palz_by_slushy_m

And you bet I would! Sadly though, despite their intelligence, I hear octupi don't really live all that long. Well, not much longer than the domesticated dog I suppose. But, I should say I kind of already do have an octopus pet! (forget if I've posted this pic already...)

IMG_3656.jpg Blast... I'm actually showing more then just amorphous backgrounds in this one. I'm ruining my image as an amazing thought-entity!!

Bought another one of the little guys, a purple one, since then. Think I named them Blip, Boop & Poot. The big orange one is my plushie Snuggle-ctopus: Jessie Curls! Found her at the aquarium and I'm still amazed how hard it must be to stuff plushie tentacles!

Well, that's sort of the thing of being an interdimensional traveller. Live long enough, become accustomed to too many worlds too fast and you lose bits of yourself along the way. I don't really, technically, need to eat. I ain't really got any biological systems to power or really, any place for food to go.

Though! Do like to say that I feed off of attention!

WEEELL~* If I'm being honest here, my hobby is testing the limits of Sanity, both of my own & others'. Basically, the Morpheus Meme. I like to give others a different prospective on things, and often with it, a new reality of sorts. It ain't so much what or how you do anything, so long as what you feel while doing it! 

And no, as much as any of you might want to claim as such, I'm not responsible for any memes. I mean, really, does this look like the face of responsibility?! 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎6‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 1:29 PM, Widdershins said:

Scrunchface.png

I ain't no derivative! 

You're the derivative of your integral.

True maths. :proud:

JackIE Chan.

:lie:

My spine & most of my skeletal structure. ...unless that was another one of those riddle things that needed another snide, intelligent answer to it. You all mysterious like that, bruh.

It is a riddle, but one that actually has a legitimate, non-contrived answer.

In terms of human physiology, too. :sunbutt:

Two mothers and two daughters share out $21 in whole dollar notes equally among themselves. How is this possible?

What gets harder to catch the longer you run?

I am not alive, but I grow. I have no mouth, but water kills me. What am I?

*poke*?

• 3 months later...

Sorry, been dead for a while & it'll likely be a while before the Regeneration kicks in.

Now let us see, @Duality...

#1. Because it is entirely possible for one being to fulfill all those requirements. Every woman has been a daughter & can be a mother. While other siblings may not need to be mentioned, other simultaneous instances of offspring can technically account as a secondary instance of being a "mother." The same can be said for being a daughter to two parents, regardless of their relation.

... or, cheaper logic... scissors. Wasn't specified whether the Value or Phisical Form was "whole."

#2. Your Breath. Classic dual usage of metaphorical & literal terminology.

#3. Stumped me there for about a month... Fire? 🔥 Usually hear fire as "eating without a mouth" but it doesn't so much die as suffocate under water 💦 The Elements don't really count as "things" for the purposes of most descriptions.

...Y'all might have to poke harder if I'm going to be solidly situated enough here.

@Califorum

How have I been?!!? HOW HAVE I BEEN!??!

That's one of the most loaded questions, in my opinion! Like, how often does somebeing ask that genuinely, & in a setting where you can just deluge out a response about everything in your day so far & how you've felt about it?! Part of me wants to just grab the other guy that drive-bys that question by the collar, and in the same fluid motion set them gently down while spinning in a chair to sit backwards on & launch into a whole spiel of: "Well, think it all started back in my childhood when..."

...Uh...

...Started a new job. New continent to move to. Rather stressed. Ain't really got much time lately to be in the Comp around here. Maybe I will when I can actually afford a Comp... and hopefully a place to live sometime.

...Anyhoofles!

What am I most proud of, @Sunset Rose? Well... pride is kind of rare for me... it's why I practice it so much on the Internet! Hard to be proud of physical items when I move so much.

... I would say my… wisdom? Mentality?

I often say wisdom is knowing, but intelligence is applying it. I have always had an open mind & a vivid imagination. Well enough to be noticed by the sorts who don't regularly care for such qualities that in others. 

Being a daydreamer is the upside to being a worrier! Always felt  the things I came up with put most screen entertainment to shame!

Did used to have a hobby of imagining 3D shapes & slowly turning them to experience perception shifts.

…oughta get back into it. Helps focus.

• Brohoof 2

Unless you earned them through some extremely difficult or unique way, possessions are hardly something to be proud of anyway. If they tell an interesting story or symbolize an accomplishment, then maybe, but you'd still be more proud of the accomplishment than the trophy.

44 minutes ago, Widdershins said:

... I would say my… wisdom? Mentality?

I often say wisdom is knowing, but intelligence is applying it. I have always had an open mind & a vivid imagination. Well enough to be noticed by the sorts who don't regularly care for such qualities that in others. 

And that's actually a distinction I make fairly often. Knowledge is the culmination of experiences and facts you've learned over your lifetime and intelligence is your capacity to apply your knowledge to solve problems or create something new. It's nice to meet someone else who acknowledges that as well.

How much of a role did fiction and fantasy play in the cultivation of your personality? It looks like a great deal, but would I be surprised to know?

On 7/31/2018 at 1:29 AM, Sunset Rose said:

How much of a role did fiction and fantasy play in the cultivation of your personality? It looks like a great deal, but would I be surprised to know?

Well... to answer last first: Perhaps like as not.

I was... well, like my ponysona, rather a Latchkey Colt. (Yes, I am trying to get that term to catch on, lol!) A rather indoors sort. My Mother was in charge of most everything and she wasn't much the sort to buy stuff if she could help it. Getting the best, newest stuff like supposedly every youthspawn cries for was hardly a priority. What video games I did get were either a rare, cheap find some associate of Mother's was getting rid of anyhow or were just there to get me out of her hair for long enough.

What was cheap, and could be obtained en masse from the Stores of Thrift that my Progenitor did haunt... was books! Books were my friends, my days, my introduction to so very much in life like adventure, the outside world and even most concepts like... well, even Friendship. For most of my first half of my life, I didn't go without at least a full wall of books regardless of how many times we moved. I spent alotta time at home, even in lieu of school learning itself with nothing else around but my books. Books were & are my life!

...and granted, television in the Nineties wasn't exactly stellar anyhow. Not the midday programming that I did get to anyway.

Sufficed to say, keeping my head in the clouds was not only preferred but the way I dealt with... a lot of things.

I'm sure most have caught on to why I spell Mother with a Capital M. 

.... Don' eeeeee'en get me started!

On 7/21/2018 at 9:45 PM, Widdershins said:

#1. Because it is entirely possible for one being to fulfill all those requirements. Every woman has been a daughter & can be a mother. While other siblings may not need to be mentioned, other simultaneous instances of offspring can technically account as a secondary instance of being a "mother." The same can be said for being a daughter to two parents, regardless of their relation.

... or, cheaper logic... scissors. Wasn't specified whether the Value or Phisical Form was "whole."

#2. Your Breath. Classic dual usage of metaphorical & literal terminology.

#3. Stumped me there for about a month... Fire? 🔥 Usually hear fire as "eating without a mouth" but it doesn't so much die as suffocate under water 💦 The Elements don't really count as "things" for the purposes of most descriptions.

All quite right. Good job. :D

What's the best riddle you know?

What's your I.Q.?

How many dictionaries/thesauri/encyclopedias do you have?

How have your plushies been faring since we last heard from them?

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2018 at 12:03 PM, Duality said:

What's the best riddle you know?

What's your I.Q.?

How many dictionaries/thesauri/encyclopedias do you have?

How have your plushies been faring since we last heard from them?

Thirty white horses on a red hill. First they champ, then they stamp, then they stand still.

Secondly, aahh... last I checked, a fair good while ago (and it's probably sunk alot since then... due to zoning out so much on videos instead of reading. Fhooey on me!) it was something like 124, slightly above average. Don't suppose you know of any readily available IQ tests?

.... Pfft! Currently NONE! Way to bring up bad book abandoning issues! Heh, I kid! There's just the one pocketbook dict I found at the thrift store. The Thesaurus is alot more in depth & fun, I must say!

The plushies though, have fortunately fared much better! Got back Edward the python, Harold the dragon, lil' Spike, Second Wainbow Daish and got a few new ones too! Got a Lapras plushie, Evanescence the SleepyTime Glaceon, Montegerro (you have to pronounce it in a deep Latin accent, as if castanets were trilling in the background!) the Vanilite and The Master! A mewtwo plushie! 

... I've always named my mewtwos "The Master."

Becausetherecanonlybeone!

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

@Soren Peregrine

...display name? Oh, that above the avatar picture? Aye! Widdershins is my chief OC, Draconequusona, Online Persona and... well, bit of an imaginary friend of sorts!

Oh, yeah! Peaches are likely not only my favorite fruit but probably my favorite flavor ever! Juicy & sweet, but not too much of either! In fact, some of the harder peaches are a bit bitter and give a nice resistance to your bite unlike how pulpy apples get! I do love peaches!

Sadly though. I haven't really watched MLP in a while. Been hard to find the time. I have caught up to everything up to & including the seventh season! Starting a bit of a new life over again, so I've still yet to get used to setting a time aside to do stuff.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

*reading stiltedly from script*

OH.. hey there, Widder... *squints at page*... SHINS.  I was wonDERing if you could tell me about... *flips page over*... that super NIFty cool avatar you have right... THERE.  Can you TELL me who... *flips page over again, moves lips while silently reading, then looks up*... who had the MAD skills to PROduce such a sight as that really cool avi... tar... AVATAR.

*throws script away*

And hey, while we're at it, how many folks other than your fellow Ponyites have you introduced to your definitive draconequus?

• Brohoof 1

@Randimaxis  First Name: Widder, Middle Name: Shins, Last Name: Nolas-T'name! Altogether its Party!

I can't tell which avatar you're speaking of though, your eye keeps twitching all over the place!

Though, considering you made this post immediately after seeing my status update, I assume you already know & henceforth the stilted phraseology. 

But I'll reiterate!

Today's new Avatar due wholly to the artistry of @Venomous!!

Hmm, as to your second question... It's mostly been for these forums.

Sure, Widdershins is also my catch all persona online. He's my picture on Facebook & the username I user whenever video games or whathaveyou asks for one. As for the actual character, not really many have asked. I'm sure my sister has caught on by now but I haven't laid it out for her. 

• Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...
On 9/20/2018 at 6:33 PM, Widdershins said:

Secondly, aahh... last I checked, a fair good while ago (and it's probably sunk alot since then... due to zoning out so much on videos instead of reading. Fhooey on me!) it was something like 124, slightly above average. Don't suppose you know of any readily available IQ tests?

Unfortunately, not really. All the IQ tests I can find are frankly abject.

.... Pfft! Currently NONE! Way to bring up bad book abandoning issues! Heh, I kid! There's just the one pocketbook dict I found at the thrift store. The Thesaurus is alot more in depth & fun, I must say!

Oh, yes, thesauri are far superior. All of those great words amalgamated together in such a compact space.

May I recommend the Roget's Thesaurus, if you haven't already come across it? It's structured based on a massive philosophical concept-arrangement scheme - words for colour spectra next to words for absence of colour and words for mixtures of colour and words for each individual colour in rainbow order and words for light and words for dark and words for dimness and so on all organised by how they relate to one another. The higher-level categories are very thought-provoking, especially. :ticking:

The plushies though, have fortunately fared much better! Got back Edward the python, Harold the dragon, lil' Spike, Second Wainbow Daish and got a few new ones too! Got a Lapras plushie, Evanescence the SleepyTime Glaceon, Montegerro (you have to pronounce it in a deep Latin accent, as if castanets were trilling in the background!) the Vanilite and The Master! A mewtwo plushie! 

... I've always named my mewtwos "The Master."

Becausetherecanonlybeone!

Objection! There can only be mewtwo!

How late do you go to bed?

How early/late do you wake up?

What's the most interesting clock you've ever seen?

What's the weirdest relative you have? (This one is for both of you.)

• 6 months later...
On 3/5/2018 at 4:29 PM, Widdershins said:

Tentacle Beasts tend to be rather adorable in our opinion!

Oh yes, just look at Squiddles.

BEA836AC-690D-4B10-A263-A805FB4F2D6F.jpeg.989394ba092ebf08c403544446024cc5.jpeg

I wonder what you’d think of Gl’bgolyb, a being thousands of times larger than a pony . . .

1D512343-5E36-4C3D-AB9E-8F9A353CFE69.png.3f5d1d52852964d038c30b64fdc919ee.png

Or, for that matter, if you’d find the Horrorterrors adorable.

Oh, wait . . .

0B77643C-21B5-4919-9636-A1D01CE64724.thumb.jpeg.ddf2ef2fbc839dab4e72967146066183.jpeg

On 10/18/2018 at 6:43 AM, Widdershins said:

Sadly though. I haven't really watched MLP in a while. Been hard to find the time.

Hey, that’s me!

*ahem* Anyway,

Would you mind if I spammed you with questions from a certain personality test so that I can receive fully thought-out answers for each instead of just the quiz results?

If so, I need your zodiac first, if you don’t mind. (Forgive me if you already mentioned it to someone else and I missed it.)

@Galaxical Phoenix    ...TV Y?    ….that's a show, isn't it?

And those are octopi, thankyu! Squids have pointed heads! Hnyur!

And that fellow there isn't much of a fuss. A huge cloud of tentacles swarming past isn't much more a bother than a big, floofy mane of curls, amiright? It's got nothing on Azathoth, who's basically a living galaxy of less tentacle & form and more of just shapeless mass constantly frothing in madness, and musical drumming & piping!

Yeah, oddly enough you can be an all-devouring old god of pure alien inexpicableness… and still be a huge music fan with a pretty stellar knack for rhythm!

Can say I'm specifically aware of Horroterrors, but I DID spend some time in the Tentacle Dimension and consider myself a Fair Expert on Tentacles! Lookit them fleshy beaks! Those adorable little grease-bubble eyes! Like that thing could possibly actually eat you! Ain't nothing sharp on it at all! I know my author is vividly imagining what it'd be like to swim in all those tentacle-

H-hey! Hey! I firmly stated that there's absolutely nothing at all untowards about my fascination with tentacles! They're soft, sensitive and adorable, is all! 

Lil' Squish-Wigglers, they is!

tentacle_kitty_by_tentaclekitty-d35fe7b.thumb.jpg.16a9ac4acf6ebb154146c9002c1cf51d.jpg

Nah, no one else has brought it up so far. What specific personality test you have in mind? I've taken a few of them myself before... mostly pokemon ones.

Well articulated, sure! "Fully thought out"...we'll have to see about that!

Thing is, the Zodiac is kind of an ethereal thing. As of the Chinese Zodiac, I am a Water Snake, where the elemental qualification is a carry over from the Romanized sign of Cancer. And, as I've learned, the star map kind of has shifted a bit since the zodiac's initial conception so what you are now isn't quite what they originally said.