Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Slightly increase avatar size in posts

Love You

Obviously with the new renovations to the forums a lot of things have changed, and of course there are a few things to dislike, however I personally find that the size of the avatars on forum posts are a bit too small, and they make the images appear a bit blurred because of it. simply upping the dimensions by 20-30 pixels can help fix this issue, for comparison

9aff2e4f31245ae31c47590d94359f94.png

90px x 90px

955b26b831ade059a9047c2e685bf1d1.png

120px x 120px

The image itself is much more clearer and helps consume white space without taking up much space.

• Brohoof 6

While I am fond of the new layout myself, there are a few things I am not so fond of myself. I would also like to see the avatar sizes be increased if at all possible. 

I definitely agree that bigger avatars would look better! 120 pixels would be a really convenient size. In my opinion bigger avatars give more personality to the site, or how should I say it.

5 hours ago, Lavo said:

Let me know what you think.

They look great! I really like that I can see the details on avatars more properly now, thank you for this addition. :proud:

2 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Nice. Now hopefully they can implement a 120 x 150 option for subscribers or donors. :D

There is a great amount of pain involved in that. :( IPS Crop images in a square format on upload, and to achieve such a thing might require re-implementing everything about the avatar system... Hence why it hasn't been restored as fast as I (and others) want it to be.

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, Lavo said:

There is a great amount of pain involved in that. :( IPS Crop images in a square format on upload, and to achieve such a thing might require re-implementing everything about the avatar system... Hence why it hasn't been restored as fast as I (and others) want it to be.

Oh, no rush at all. I know you guys have a lot on your plate these days. I will say if you can figure out a way to get that up and running, it would be greatly appreciated it, even if it's used exclusively for financial contribution exclusively. 

Avatar limits are 150x150 and 150kb max. These limitations should be increased like 200x400(400x200) and 500kb 

6 hours ago, Kenshiro said:

Avatar limits are 150x150 and 150kb max. These limitations should be increased like 200x400(400x200) and 500kb 

cc776054438ea068cbd199ac9deb8172.png

Ehhhh, looks way too big, and would end up consuming too much space for potential 1 sentence posts, and since this website probably doesn't get as much traffic as it used to, 500kb is going to be a lot of space consumed by avatars.