Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How depressing is it that Twilight and Spike don't get songs?

ManaMinori

How many friendship songs have we gotten with the Mane6? It seems they break into songs about how such good friends they are every week. But now compare that to Twilight and Spike's songs about their friendship- there are none. It's pretty depressing, seeing as how Spike was Twilight's first ever friend, in the first place (not counting her BBBFF)

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

How many friendship songs have we gotten with the Mane6? It seems they break into songs about how such good friends they are every week. But now compare that to Twilight and Spike's songs about their friendship- there are none. It's pretty depressing, seeing as how Spike was Twilight's first ever friend, in the first place (not counting her BBBFF)

Just wait and see, alright? It's no use complaining about all this unless the show is on the verge of ending.

4 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

How many friendship songs have we gotten with the Mane6?

Four. "A True, True Friend", "Let the Rainbow Remind You", "Friends Are Always There For You", and "Best Friends Until the End of Time".

6 minutes ago, Ironic Nickname said:

Four. "A True, True Friend", "Let the Rainbow Remind You", "Friends Are Always There For You", and "Best Friends Until the End of Time".

Winter Wrap Up and At the Gala as well! Those songs starred the Mane Six! Plus a ton of Equestria Girls songs!

• Brohoof 1

25 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

Yes! We need more Twilight x Spike sibling love Goddammit! xD This is the reason I liked Owl's Well That Ends Well so much! More "on screen" bonding between these two characters, DHX!!!

46 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

Winter Wrap Up and At the Gala as well! Those songs starred the Mane Six! Plus a ton of Equestria Girls songs!

The question wasn't how many songs they had together, but how many friendship songs. Neither of them were friendship songs. I considered Equestria Girls, but I decided that those don't count as mane 6.

This isn't a "Spike and twilight songs" issue, its just a "spike songs" issue. Spike gets virtually no songs period, so its pretty unlikely for him to get songs with twilight.

twilight gets tons of songs after all, many of them solo, so the issue is firmly stemming from spike, not twilight.

• Brohoof 1

Spike probably isn't one to sing. I don't see why there really needs to be one between him and Twi. It would be nice, but they seem fine otherwise. 

They both have had songs before, and in the Season 3 premiere they had sung together a bit.  Not much, but they had. 

Twilight hasn't gotten a solo in a long time and she needs one, even if she customarily receives greater billing in the group songs: Best Friends Until The End Of Time, Let The Rainbow Remind You, Friends Are Always There For You etc. I really loved her voice in The Failure Song, Morning In Ponyville, I've Got To Find A Way and she should get more.

Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Applejack need more solos too.

Spike did get a song in, The Times They are a Changeling," I think his songs are when it's really needed. Twilight's songs are probably the same way. Songs when needed.

9 minutes ago, Brainstorm said:

Spike did get a song in, The Times They are a Changeling," I think his songs are when it's really needed. Twilight's songs are probably the same way. Songs when needed.

I know Spike has had songs. I'm talking about duets with Twilight. Just Spike singing with Twilight. (and Not providing background vocals, like in "the failure song")

1 minute ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

I know Spike has had songs. I'm talking about duets with Twilight. Just Spike singing with Twilight. (and Not providing background vocals, like in "the failure song")

Oh, duets.

Well, I don't know about that. But maybe they could have a song about being different. Like showing Spike living amongst ponies is special even though he's a dragon.

5 minutes ago, Brainstorm said:

Oh, duets.

Well, I don't know about that. But maybe they could have a song about being different. Like showing Spike living amongst ponies is special even though he's a dragon.

i would've thought that was made obvious in the op.

But now compare that to Twilight and Spike's songs about their friendship- there are none

1 minute ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

i would've thought that was made obvious in the op.

Oh, I see now. 

Yeah, a song about Twilight and Spike's friendship would be nice.

But maybe they could have a song about being different. Like showing Spike living amongst ponies is special even though he's a dragon.

Spike could do a cover version of I'm a Lonely Little Petunia.  :adorkable:  I'd put in a link, but can't seem to.  It's on YouTube.

(edited)

Uhhh the only characters who even come close to Twilight in solo songs are Pinkie and Rarity, not sure where that complaint comes from at all. She's also frequently the lead vocal in group songs (like for example "Best Friends Until the End of Time" from this very season)

Spike yeah he definitely should be give some more songs and parts in songs.

Edited by M'gann M'orzz
  • Brohoof 1

27 minutes ago, M'gann M'orzz said:

Uhhh the only characters who even come close to Twilight in solo songs are Pinkie and Rarity, not sure where that complaint comes from at all. She's also frequently the lead vocal in group songs (like for example "Best Friends Until the End of Time" from this very season)

Spike yeah he definitely should be give some more songs and parts in songs.

not solo songs. Together. Twilight and Spike singing TOGETHER about their friendship. Just like all the songs we've gotten where Twlight, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Raritty, Apple Jack and Rainbow Dash sing friendship songs TOGETHER.