Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

jurassic world safari

swordsman

well  jurassic world has reopened as a big game/ safari park were you can hunt or see  dinosaurs like a classic  african safari. So would you go to the park, would you go for hunting or just looking, and if, for hunting what would  your guns and gear be?? for me I am coming with a gun already so I am hunt.  I am would have a  dakota arms model 76 traveler or Dakota Model 76 Professional Hunter  in at least 458win mag  with a 454 casull ruger bisley or Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan Toklat .454 Casull   in a old west gunfigher holster for back up and go full african  hunting clothing with a cold steel chisa katana over my back or a cool Kukri .  but  with the money I have right now it would be a Marlin Guide Gun in 45-70 with a 44 Taurus in my shoulder holster, upland hunting vest,camo boonie hat, camo pants and low cut hikers, with my Thai Machete

Just watch out for Ian Malcolm.  He will let dinosaurs rampaging through your radio equipment leaving you stranded on the island while you and your friends get picked off one by one by the raptors.  He will also steal your ammo so you can't defend yourself.  And then you will have a bad day.

Totally be dressing as Roland Tembo. I basically WROTE the costume guide for him: 

bLz7zQZ.jpg PzouLzo.jpg

I have everything except the rifle, which is WAAAAAY outside my budget. 

And of course, I'd have my camping equipment in my trusty lucky pack! The very same brand as the one used in the movie! 

Oyml7bF.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Ooh, it would be so cool to go on a dino safari! I would definitely go, but I wouldn't hunt (I'd probably shoot my own foot off anyway). The only thing I'd be pointing and shooting is a camera, with a long telephoto lens. :ooh:

Roland Tembo. that what I was going for. I forget living in the USA that hunting and guns are easy to get and use.  I remember one time I was doing some varmint hunting and I showed up with only my sling shot and someone I didn't even know said "that all you got? I got this ruger 10 22 volquartsen you want to use it?" I asked how I know I am not going to steal it and he said "hunters don't steal from each other and beside you showed up with the group so you must be ok".  but yeah, double rifles cost 15,000 US$ and up and even a Sabatti Big Bore is 7,800$ US.  but I have seen EAA's Baikal 45/70 or 30/06    for 1,000 or less  and the Marlin 45-70 Guide Gun can run for 750 $US .  the 45-70 buffalo bore ammo has about the same power as the 458win out of a lever gun and use can hornady 45-70 leverevolution ammo for plains game/long range shots.

they had a lever gun (30/30 win) in Jurassic world.

It would be fun to go on a dinousar safari, but I wouldn't hunt them.

On 7/6/2017 at 0:10 AM, swordsman said:

go full african  hunting clothing with a cold steel chisa katana over my back 

Why would you ever take a katana with you when hunting?

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 11:59 AM, Gestum said:

Why would you ever take a katana with you when hunting?

well my name is the swordsman. but I used my tactical wakizashi or Cold Steel Katana Machete for cutting bush or for defense(you can't take a gun in some places like bow hunting) and it looks very cool with a sword over you back in the wood.

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 0:34 PM, cmarston1 said:

Knowing how things always go terribly wrong in the Jurassic Park movies, I wouldn't agree to go on this safari.

I would protect you. as long as I have my Marlin 1895 ,454 or 44mag, or my sword I will protect my people. I have never lost a person that  was in my group unless you count that time krampus  ate my neighbors.:sunbutt:

(edited)
18 minutes ago, swordsman said:

well my name is the swordsman. but I used my tactical wakizashi or Cold Steel Katana Machete for cutting bush or for defense(you can't take a gun in some places like bow hunting) and it looks very cool with a sword over you back in the wood.

I understand bringing a machete for cutting down bushes, but for defense? I seriously doubt that people would be able to stand a change against most predators (and especially dinosaurs) if they are only armed with a sword. 

Edited by Yamet

I onced killed a large hog that was coming after me  when i was hunting with my airgun with my Burmese dha but it did get me good(have a scar on my backside. is that my cutie mark:D)  but it's dead so yeah there that. raptors only are 35LB about the same as a coyote and yes there 6.8 tall but still unless you let the thing jump on your head you could kill it with a blade if you had too.  people have been using large blades to protect themselves from animals for a long.

On 7/5/2017 at 7:48 PM, Twilight Dirac said:

Just watch out for Ian Malcolm.  He will let dinosaurs rampaging through your radio equipment leaving you stranded on the island while you and your friends get picked off one by one by the raptors.  He will also steal your ammo so you can't defend yourself.  And then you will have a bad day.

Wasn't it Vince Vaughn's character who did all ^that^?

P.S.:

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 7:48 PM, Twilight Dirac said:

9 minutes ago, swordsman said:

people have been using large blades to protect themselves from animals for a long

Mostly they used them to protect themselves from each other.

When it comes to animals... firearms, bows & spears have always been the preferred tools depending upon the age. Those who did utilize swords (and axes) usually used them to finish off game rather than taking them down. Swords are not nearly as practical for taking down wild animals as comics and Hollywood would have you believe.

• Brohoof 2