Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if a pony from Starlight's village wants her to go back to her old way?

SaburoDaimando

This is something that came up in my head.  Perhaps there was a friendship mission that required both Twilight Sparkle and Starlight Glimmer, all at Starlight's old village.  The problem turned out to be a villager who wants Starlight to go back to her old ways, to replace all unique cutie marks with equal signs, even though what she did was hypocritical.  And no matter how much both Starlight and Twilight try to convince this pony, said pony doesn't seem to care.

What do you guys think of this idea?  Starlight being shocked that one pony wants her to go back to her old ways?

(edited)
2 hours ago, Princess Book Horse said:

Sort of interesting, but I think it's more likely that said pony would practice magic and brainwash the village like Starlight used to. Maybe Twilight and Starlight would then get called by the map to stop him/her.

Not exactly my idea.  Instead, they notice the pony with the equal sign on his/her flank, and said pony calls out Starlight for abandoning her mission of equality.  And when Starlight counters, even by calling herself a hypocrite in her belief, said pony continues to chew Starlight out, even going as far as to make her cry.

Edit: Also, if I was in charge of casting, I would cast Vic Mignogna as the voice of this pony, maybe have him flip out over being called small as a nod to Edward Elric on Fullmetal Alchemist.

Edited by SaburoDaimando
  • Brohoof 1

There is nothing wrong with one (or even a group) of ponies wanting to "escape" their cutie marks, as such. However, if the cutie marks really DO reflect their true selves, why would they want to?... and odds are good that the ponies wouldn't actually want that, they would want to force other ponies to be no better than they are, which isn't acceptable.

• Brohoof 1

On 8/13/2017 at 3:04 AM, SaburoDaimando said:

Not exactly my idea.  Instead, they notice the pony with the equal sign on his/her flank, and said pony calls out Starlight for abandoning her mission of equality.  And when Starlight counters, even by calling herself a hypocrite in her belief, said pony continues to chew Starlight out, even going as far as to make her cry.

Edit: Also, if I was in charge of casting, I would cast Vic Mignogna as the voice of this pony, maybe have him flip out over being called small as a nod to Edward Elric on Fullmetal Alchemist.

That could work too.

There's already two uncoming episodes that have a similar problem: "To Change a Changeling" and "Marks and Recreation", I believe. A Changeling that doesn't want to change and a foal that doesn't want a Cutie Mark, respectively.

• Brohoof 1

On 8/13/2017 at 2:57 AM, Hierok said:

It is a good idea, but what is the motive of that pony then. Trying to make everypony weak so Chrysalis can take over? :ooh:

No.  A Pony who simply preferred Starlight's Old Way because he felt a level of comfort.

6 hours ago, SaburoDaimando said:

No.  A Pony who simply preferred Starlight's Old Way because he felt a level of comfort.

Could be, but I think not that anypony would want that. :twi:

39 minutes ago, Hierok said:

Could be, but I think not that anypony would want that. :twi:

There's a thing called a Comfort Zone.  PErhaps this pony wanted to be apart of Starlight's crew because of an assumption that he/she has nothing outside of this cult.  And the moment this cult breaks up, the pony in question keeps the equal sign cutie mark because of a means of clinging onto that comfort zone. Hence why the episode is all about helping that pony leave the comfort zone of Starlight's old cult, even if it's Starlight who has to help do the job.

I would suggest the pony continues to believe in the ideals of equality but disagrees with Starlight Glimmer's approach and handling. An adult blank flank would work.

Can happen and it seems pretty interesting. Though it's sorta unlikely to happen atm.