Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will Chrysalis be reformed?

Midnight Blaze 98

She has literally shown zero redeemable qualities, so it wouldn't make sense for her to become good. But unfortunately, given the type of show FiM is, I can easily see her getting reformed, despite how much I do not want this to happen.

• Brohoof 4

2 minutes ago, BronyNumber42 said:

I hope she is not. A good story needs some villains that are irredeemable.

i agree. like how to train your dragon 2 they should make the point that no matter how hard you try some people are beyond help. not because the help isnt there, but because they refuse it.

• Brohoof 3

Oh she will. Like it or not, the message and nature of the show wills it. Equestria is a very idealistic place and it's powered with friendship, like we are powered with electricity (i know, weird analogy. :P )

So yeah, you better be prepared.

• Brohoof 1

Like you all said some are beyond redemption. In my opinion Chrysalis is beyond redemption as well so I hope she wont be redeemed

She probably will be though because friendship and such :okiedokieloki:

Edited by Spilight98

I really hope not, every good guy needs an arch nemesis that cannot be reasoned with and can only ever be temporarily defeated, but never truly vanquished.  Batman has the Joker, Optimus Prime has Megatron, Superman has Lex Luthor, Sherlock Holmes has Professor Moriarty.

However, as pretty much everyone else has already stated, the very nature of the cartoon makes it highly probable that she will eventually be made to see the error of her ways and will come to embrace the magic of friendship.  I'm not looking forward to that happening, and I harbour a slim hope that it never will, but I fear it must.

• Brohoof 2

If Chrysalis is redeemed or whatever, I hope Celestia does it.

Meaning, Chrysalis loses her magic or is severly weakened and Celestia takes her in. Eventually they become friends and cause havoc in the palace. Those poor guards if that happens xD

• Brohoof 1

Some things cross the line of irredeemability. For example, murder. But MLP can't have something that serious, they have to replace that with stubborn meanness. But you can consider enslavement to be another line that goes too far.

I think villains should be punished. There should be more than just "I'm sorry, I won't do it again." Otherwise, anyone can get at least 1 free crime.

How about this.. Hell to the no.

Come to think of it, she is the only iconic villian so far that still remind as a villian (along with Tierk but i doubt he will return). So let's not reform her people, mmkay?

One way or another..... they are going to find a way to reform her, because its a show about talking magical ponies learning about friendship, and considering the shows track record of reforming old villains..... I'm not going to be too surprised if she does get reformed next season.

5 hours ago, BronyNumber42 said:

Some things cross the line of irredeemability. For example, murder. But MLP can't have something that serious, they have to replace that with stubborn meanness. But you can consider enslavement to be another line that goes too far.

Starlight Glimmer not only enslaved a whole village but also took pleasure in inflicting pain on other ponies, yet she was given a free pass and was given continued latitude even after she used mind control magic on her new friends.  The line you speak of, wherever it may be, is not in the same place in Equestria that we would expect to find it in our world.

• Brohoof 1

Oh please, no.  Please, Celestia, no.  There's gotta be some bad guys that are bad, through and through.  Tirek cannot be the only one.  Oh, god, now that I said that, please don't reform Tirek.  If they reform Tirek, then there's no hope for this universe.  That...doesn't really make any logical sense, I suppose, but a truly perfect world is just not believable enough to be interesting.

• Brohoof 2

I don’t know.

Yeah, FIM is that type of show that it seems likely, but the best time for her redemption has come and gone. When she refused Starlight’s offer of friendship, she showed that being right and in charge was more important to her than her hives Well-being and happiness. I think it’s also pretty telling that even when a group of changlings disagreed with Thorax about sharing love instead of feeding on it, those rouge changlings still didn’t try and join back with Chrysalis. Her hive saw who she really was that day.

So, while I can absolutely see it happening, I also think from a narrative standpoint there’s also a chance she won’t. We’ll just have to wait and see.

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Concerned Bystander said:

Starlight Glimmer not only enslaved a whole village but also took pleasure in inflicting pain on other ponies, yet she was given a free pass and was given continued latitude even after she used mind control magic on her new friends.  The line you speak of, wherever it may be, is not in the same place in Equestria that we would expect to find it in our world.

But she is a pony so it's ok.

• Brohoof 1

I don’t really want her to be, but if she is then I can at least hope for her appearance to not be changed. The transformed changelings are still something I’m not used to : (

Edited by MilkTeaFD

On 10/12/2017 at 2:45 PM, cmarston1 said:

She has literally shown zero redeemable qualities, so it wouldn't make sense for her to become good. But unfortunately, given the type of show FiM is, I can easily see her getting reformed, despite how much I do not want this to happen.

She definitely should have redeemable qualities, or will have them shown. I think it would make for a more realistic and better character. Besides, I don't really care to see the same villain all the time.

I really hope not. She's like Loki from the recent Marvel movies; an awesome iconic villian. If she were reformed, it wouldn't make sense. She wouldn't be herself. She'd be out of character and probably end up hideously bland. I hoped that the movie would be an epic battle against her, giving her a final defeat, still as a villian but vaquished.