Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Will the Pillars reappear in season 8?

ggg-2

After Shadow Play, I really hope we see the Pillars of Old Equestria again in season 8. They could have Twilight introduce Starswirl to Cadence and Flurry Heart (who along with Twilight are the first alicorns to come into existence since Celestia and Luna, with Flurry being the first alicorn to be born as such) and Dash introducing Magnus to the Wonderbolts would be awesome too.

• Brohoof 1

This show has gotten pretty decent at following up on newly introduced characters in recent seasons, so I think we'll get at least an episode or two to do with at least some members of the Pillars. These legendary ponies returning to Equestria in modern times is a big deal, I doubt they'll be forgotten about.

1 minute ago, AkuFries said:

I'm not sure if they will! Perhaps they have already served their purpose? 🤔 Honestly, it's hard to tell. Not sure why they'd need them, although I have a bad feeling the Pillar Ponies will be going away for some reason, like they weren't meant to be here. D:

That's a difficult one. I doubt they will hang around ponyville; they aren't natively from there, and are more likely to disperse back to their original locations, with Starswirl being at Canterlot, within easy fanfilly distance for Twi...

1 minute ago, MegaSean45 said:

Sure, why not? Each of the Mane Six can have an episode with a Pillar, and Starlight and Sunburst can hang with Stygian, and of course for Spike, he gets Scorpan! :D

Makes sense. Scorpan was sorta the Spike of the pillars, after all :D

• Brohoof 1

I would really like to see them come back. An episode with Flash Magnus meeting the Wonderbolts sounds great, but I’d also like to see some other ideas, like Fluttershy helping Meadowbrook heal a sick town, or AJ helping Rockhoof deal with his entire clan being wiped out/disappeared.

Edited by ShootingStar159

No reason not too, there’s a lot of potential both for them adapting to modern times, and them missing their old lives

• Brohoof 1

44 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

Sure, why not? Each of the Mane Six can have an episode with a Pillar, and Starlight and Sunburst can hang with Stygian, and of course for Spike, he gets Scorpan! :D

Is Scorpan actually still alive after thousands of years? Maybe in Tartarus time stands still and that is the reason he still lives. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Hierok said:

Is Scorpan actually still alive after thousands of years? Maybe in Tartarus time stands still and that is the reason he still lives. 

Well, for starters, Scorpan was originally supposed to be in the movie as the original owner of the Storm King's staff, but it was cut. But Meghan seems to really wanna bring Scorpan back by the looks of it. The writers shouldn't miss out on this awesome opportunity! It would give an excuse for Tirek to come back, and it would give Spike that brotherly figure he needs as well as his connecting legend!

• Brohoof 3

Just now, MegaSean45 said:

Well, for starters, Scorpan was originally supposed to be in the movie as the original owner of the Storm King's staff, but it was cut. But Meghan seems to really wanna bring Scorpan back by the looks of it. The writers shouldn't miss out on this awesome opportunity! It would give an excuse for Tirek to come back, and it would give Spike that brotherly figure he needs as well as his connecting legend!

I still don't understand why he would especially connect with Spike while Starswirl is a friend of Scorpan. I also rather see Tirek coming back because Chrysalis frees him then that just because Scorpan comes back.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Hierok said:

I still don't understand why he would especially connect with Spike while Starswirl is a friend of Scorpan. I also rather see Tirek coming back because Chrysalis frees him then that just because Scorpan comes back.

I coulda sworn you knew. Back in G1 Rescue at Midnight Castle, Scorpan was the original guardian of Spike as well as a close friend, but after he turns back into a human prince, he gives Spike to the ponies. If we take some elements from G1 Scorpan and bring it to G4 Scorpan, we'd get that Scorpan was the one who found Spike's egg and brought it to Celestia before or after Tirek's banishment. Once Spike figures it out, he has himself a brotherly / fatherly figure, just like Twilight is his motherly / sisterly figure! Besides, anyone can have more than one friend on the show. Spike already shares Thorax with Starlight, and Starlight shares Sunburst with her closest friends. And one other thing: each of the Mane Six has a legend, and MAYBE Starlight too with Stygraid, so who's Spike's legend then? Who's his match?

• Brohoof 3

On 22-10-2017 at 6:30 PM, MegaSean45 said:

I coulda sworn you knew. Back in G1 Rescue at Midnight Castle, Scorpan was the original guardian of Spike as well as a close friend, but after he turns back into a human prince, he gives Spike to the ponies. If we take some elements from G1 Scorpan and bring it to G4 Scorpan, we'd get that Scorpan was the one who found Spike's egg and brought it to Celestia before or after Tirek's banishment. Once Spike figures it out, he has himself a brotherly / fatherly figure, just like Twilight is his motherly / sisterly figure! Besides, anyone can have more than one friend on the show. Spike already shares Thorax with Starlight, and Starlight shares Sunburst with her closest friends. And one other thing: each of the Mane Six has a legend, and MAYBE Starlight too with Stygraid, so who's Spike's legend then? Who's his match?

I know he was in g1, but I ment does g4 have to be the same as g1? ;) I rather see Scorpan and Discord meet. Spike shares a character like Stygian. Both are not as famous and don't have the power like the rest. The difference is that Spike can handle and suspects nothing more of his life, while Stygian couldn't.

Edited by Hierok
  • Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Hierok said:

I know he was in g1, but I ment does g4 have to be the same as g1? ;) I rather see Scorpan and Discord meet. Spike shares a character like Stygian. Both are not as famous or have the power like the rest. The difference is that Spike can handle and suspects nothing more of his life, while Stygian couldn't.

Sure he suspects nothing, that doesn't mean he gonna get nothing! ;) But we'll just see what happens I guess if we can't agree on this. What shall happen in season 8? Don't give him just one episode again please!

Edited by MegaSean45
  • Brohoof 1

55 minutes ago, Peter16373 said:

I just want to see Shadowlock meet Stygian and maybe Sunburst as well. And Twilight should start a geek club with them.

I doubt we'll see the show follow up on this, but at least the comics will need to address this. Considering the arc's supposed canon status to the show (along with Legends of Magic), there are some questions that need some answering, and I would like to see Shadowlock meet his ancestor; considering the events of that story.

4 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

Sure he suspects nothing, that doesn't mean he gonna get nothing! ;) But we'll just see what happens I guess if we can't agree on this. What shall happen in season 8? Don't give him just one episode again please!

No, he should get more like a season 6 role again. That was a really amazing season for Spike.

3 minutes ago, Hierok said:

No, he should get more like a season 6 role again. That was a really amazing season for Spike.

Yep, and one day, his biggest season! Iunno when that'll be, but it'll come! I'm patient! :) 

• Brohoof 1

Well, I made a topic pointing out how most of the season finales connect in some way to the premiere of next season. I'm pretty sure they'll at least address the Pillars at some point early on next season.

8 hours ago, Peter16373 said:

I just want to see Shadowlock meet Stygian and maybe Sunburst as well. And Twilight should start a geek club with them.

Stygian would be great friends with Spike, Thorax, and Discord, it'll make guys night more fun.

Also Mage/Mystal Mask would be friends with Zecora, since they both make herbal medicines. 

• Brohoof 1