Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Old MLP villains

Grtxkkyz

I never watched the old cartoon. Mainly because it was meant for girls, it looks like a pile of crap and the voice actors are horrible.

So no, i don't remember any villians.

• Brohoof 1

I never watched the old cartoon. Mainly because it was meant for girls, it looks like a pile of crap and the voice actors are horrible.

you do know that FiM is still a little girls cartoon, right? =P not as stereotypically "girly" and with a substantially higher quality control, but still a little girls cartoon, with the sidedishing of Lauren Faust to make it appeal to people outside the show's target demographic.

also no, i don't know them either, because i didn't watch the show back then. mostly because it was aired around 60s-80s then, i think, if my mother and her sister is to be of any indication to this.

(edited)

I haven't seen the old show, so no. But looking at them via google, they appear to have pretty decent designs for villains of an 80's little girls show. Tirek looks beast

Posted Image

Edited by Pencil J. Doodle
  • Brohoof 2

So no, i don't remember any villians.

What Vicke said :3 In my personal opinion, FiM is the godly result of Lauren Faust and her compadres reaching down and pulling up the My Little Pony franchise and turning it from a, frankly, disgustingly girly girl-oriented franchise, and giving it a completely new look through a brand new TV show that appeals to everyone for a multitude of reasons. So to answer the question, the only parts of the 'old' MLP shows I've seen were a part of a particular brony documentary. And that's all I ever desire to see.

• Brohoof 1

Well, to be frank...

Yeah, I wasn't really alive in the 80s, and before G4, like most bronies, I didn't watch G1-G3.5. I have heard of that first baddy (Tirek, right?) though since I've watched a couple generation reviews, and he looks pretty B.A.

(edited)

To be fair a lot of the stuff from the 80's was cheap crap with horrible voice acting.

I gave the first episode a chance and the least I'll say for it is that it was better animated than transformers or G.I Joe. Plus, least Tirek seemed more competent than Cobra Commander...

[media=]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOt_J0IkRM0[/media]

Edited by SrFrog

• 3 years later...
(edited)

Some were great, some were crap, some in the middle

The Good Villains:

Tirek

Hydia, Reeka, Draggle and their Smooze, also Ogg.

Crunch the Rockdog

Somnambula

King Charlatan

Grogar

King Lavan and his Lava Demons

Middle;

Catrina

Princess Porcina and the Raptorians

Squirk

The Florries

Arabus and Zeb

Bratty Princess and False Queen

The Bad:

The Bees

Gizmonks

Beezin

Ogres

The Dragons

Edited by Leave a Whisper

Been trying to watch some but failed because they were kind of boring. The villains could use a make over if they're reintroduced though. Catrina would be awesome. I can imagine an episode where Catrina has the Flim Flam brothers as her goons and make an evil magic factory or something.

(edited)

Been trying to watch some but failed because they were kind of boring. The villains could use a make over if they're reintroduced though. Catrina would be awesome. I can imagine an episode where Catrina has the Flim Flam brothers as her goons and make an evil magic factory or something.

No thanks, they completely ruined the Smooze by downgrading it from a sentient, magical tsunami into a slow moving basement flood. I don't wanna see them ruin anyone else.

Edited by Leave a Whisper