Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Girls in Toon Boom

dragonargon

4 hours ago, AlexanderThrond said:

No, not particularly, though I'm apparently in the minority with regards to disliking the movie's art style. Looks so much better to keep everything flat, in my opinion. 

That’s...objectively wrong actually.

4 hours ago, dragonargon said:

That's... not, actually. It's an opinion. By definition, it is subjective. You can believe that the animation in the movie looks better, nobody's stopping you (I happen to agree). But other people aren't "wrong" for preferring the show's style.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, dragonargon said:

No, not really. People can like different artstyles that differ from yours.

6 hours ago, dragonargon said:

If the Toon Boom animation can be made to look good, then I'm all for it, but I didn't like the movie's art style at all so yes, I have to say that the show's relatively flat style is superior, because at least the characters look like they connect to the background. I'm not here to spoil your fun, so I'll say no more, but I didn't think the movie looked good. 

Toon Boom animation would make Equestria Girls look more realistic--the special effects would be amazing--though I don't think Hasbro would be willing to incorporate it into everything EQG related. From what I've heard about it, it's more expensive and much harder to use than Flash. If they could make it work then I'm all for it but Hasbro is unlikely to want to spend that kind of money given their business practices sometimes.