Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler New round of Leaks have been released

ShootingStar159

What they means by 'diversity as goal' anyway? More new creatures and not just about ponies? More culture diversity? Or SJW shits that influence media nowadays? :P

Hearing G5 news while waiting for new season of G4 really hurt me, i dont wantvit to end anytime soon.

• Brohoof 4

I am just not sure what to think anymore. Having 'diversity' as a goal might have good intentions, but the actual practice of it might not work as intended, especially if they completely overhaul a character to do it. Plus, continuing Equestria Girls with G5 seems so damn overkill. I know there are a lot of fans of EG but to me it has overstayed its welcome. Maybe I am being a bit too pessimistic. The whole concept of G4 ending and its (possibly inferior) successor already being in the works kinda brings me down.

• Brohoof 4

Once again, I ask that no actual assets be shared here! You are free to discuss at your leisure, but any and all images and assets will be removed; spoiler'd or not.

Thank you!

• Brohoof 5

If the image I saw on 4chan was actual concept art and not "shitty fanart" as one user so kindly stated, then I think I'm done. I'll definitely give G5 a chance, but you can't call that a continuation. And that whole "diversity" thing really doesn't work when they're all magic talking horses.

I'm open to change, just not throwing everything out and starting something different. That's too much change.

• Brohoof 2

I haven't been following this story much but I'm skeptical. Would you rather continue to be a fan of G4 while G5 is running, or scrap G4? Would that mean losing everything you love about mlp? Is G5 going to try too hard to appeal to bronies and end up feeling fake?

• Brohoof 1

G5/G4 spoiler talk:

Spoiler

Some of the concept art is a mix of good and bad. Won't say any more here.

Curious to see how long they'll continue EQG post-G4.

That said:

Hasbro, get your security together, FFS!

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 4

11 minutes ago, meme said:

If the image I saw on 4chan was actual concept art and not "shitty fanart" as one user so kindly stated, then I think I'm done. I'll definitely give G5 a chance, but you can't call that a continuation. And that whole "diversity" thing really doesn't work when they're all magic talking horses.

I'm open to change, just not throwing everything out and starting something different. That's too much change.

I agree on several counts. The images I have seen so far don't appeal to me. I still plan to watch at least a few episodes to give it a proper chance, but what I've seen so far isn't promising.

On the topic of diversity, I think G4 has done a good job with that. A couple of episodes ("Bridle Gossip" and "The Times They Are a Changeling") had anti-prejudice messages which fit the MLP universe well. I don't see what more they could do without it being out of place – it's not a show about our world or humans, it's about Equestria (or whatever its G5 equivalent is).

Lastly, if they are going to change the characters significantly, I would like to see them introduce a completely new cast of characters instead. It would be really weird to see ponies with the same names and (to an extent) appearances as the G4 Mane 6 but entirely different personalities.

• Brohoof 3

I'm fine with the pony art.

Diversity sounds like they want non-pony creatures to be given more screen time and maybe even have some be in secondary character status. It would give Hasbro a chance to make more non-pony creature toys.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 2

Once again, I think most of you guys are getting worked up over nothing. I much rather wait for it to come out before crying "ruined forever".

It's still being developed right now and whatever you might have seen in the leaks will likely not be final.

@Kyoshi @meme @A.V.

• Brohoof 4

Just now, WiiGuy2014 said:

Once again, I think most of you guys are getting worked up over nothing. I much rather wait for it to come out before crying "ruined forever".

It's still being developed right now and whatever you might have seen in the leaks will likely not be final.

We never said it's absolutely ruined forever. I'm still willing to give it a chance, but I just have low expectations.

Edited by meme
  • Brohoof 2

Just now, WiiGuy2014 said:

Once again, I think most of you stallions are getting worked up over nothing. I much rather wait for it to come out before crying "ruined forever".

@Kyoshi @meme @A.V.

This, plus the fact that the G5 stuff might have been fake crap mixed in with official content.

Besides, even if FiM ends, I might have a project going to create unofficial new FiM episodes. (The thread for that is what the link in my sig is.)

• Brohoof 2

18 minutes ago, Superplay64 said:

This, plus the fact that the G5 stuff might have been fake crap mixed in with official content.

Besides, even if FiM ends, I might have a project going to create unofficial new FiM episodes. (The thread for that is what the link in my sig is.)

Pls do. I'm scared.

30 minutes ago, Superplay64 said:

Had the curious thought though that this might actually be an attempt at viral market research.

Rather than pay for focus groups and surveys, just "leak" some proposed designs for the future reboot, along with some real (but unfinished) show material, and then watch the community argue over them...

• Brohoof 2

Well, I managed to be in this fandom for more than half of the Show's run. (Joined the herd between S3 and S4). I missed out on other great shows that I wished I had watched during their first run. Like Avatar the Last Airbender. Didn't really see the whole series until I bought it all on DVD in 2015. Wished I had gotten involved with the Avatar fans earlier.

• Brohoof 3

38 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Dark Qiviut

Hide contents

If they are going to recast The Mane 6 why bother keeping them?

Spoiler

I believe it all comes down to money. The more well-known the voice actor, the more you're gonna have to pay them. New, unknown VAs are usually cheaper. That said, this is only a theory, and I know nothing about their salaries or possible worker-union relationships; I'll let someone else cover all this for me.

1 hour ago, Dark Qiviut said:
  Hide contents

I believe it all comes down to money. The more well-known the voice actor, the more you're gonna have to pay them. New, unknown VAs are usually cheaper. That said, this is only a theory, and I know nothing about their salaries or possible worker-union relationships; I'll let someone else cover all this for me.

So, Tara Strong will voice act rarely?