Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the weirdest phobia?

Reecejackox

Any fear can be a phobia, so think of the most unusual thing to be afraid of that is weird to you, and you have your answer. 

• Brohoof 2

59 minutes ago, Reecejackox said:

I would say for me - Fireworks  also when I was younger eating anything which smelt of strawberries.

I didn't know strawberries were used in the smelting of ore. 

I don't like touching the bottoms of shoes.

11 hours ago, Reecejackox said:

I would say for me - Fireworks  also when I was younger eating anything which smelt of strawberries.

Don’t worry. A lot of people, myself included :kindness:, aren’t fond of loud and especially sudden noises. I do enjoy watching fireworks, but not hearing them suddenly go off, especially by some jackass late at night. Dogs also tend to hate fireworks, due to both the sudden and loud noises, but also because of the bright flashes.

Strawberries do have a pungent smell so I can see how someone can be thrown off by them.

The strangest phobia I have heard of is ovaphobia, a fear of eggs, allegedly professed by Alfred Hitchcock:

I’m frightened of eggs, worse than frightened, they revolt me. That white round thing without any holes … have you ever seen anything more revolting than an egg yolk breaking and spilling its yellow liquid? Blood is jolly, red. But egg yolk is yellow, revolting. I’ve never tasted it.

Edited by Cwanky
  • Brohoof 1

Coulrophobia (fear of clowns) and pediophobia (fear of dolls) - they may not seem as particularly weird phobias, but it's strange how many people have them. The creepiest kind of the latter is fear of specifically dolls' eyes.

I'm not sure if it has a name (and if it does, I'd love to hear it) but I have a huge fear of spiral patterns. Those things freak me out to no end.

Trypophobia (fear of holes) is another one that freaks me out. 

Currently I have a blood phobia... I don't like large amounts of blood, it especially bothers me in movies and games when people die in pretty gory ways. Also I had to clean up a pool of blood at my work... still hate my manager for making me do that.

Also when I was younger I would panic if I was away from home for too long. I have no idea why, guess I really didn't like the idea of being lost.

I have severe omgjjwreckedphobia.

(Fear of Jimmie Johnson wrecking during a race) 

SEVERE case. :lol:

Also, I have mild claustrophobia. 

(fear of enclosed spaces) 

• Brohoof 1

I've heard of a phobia where ur scared of PENUT BUTTER STICKING TO THE ROOF OR UR MOUTH 

Arachibutyrophobia- Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth

omg 

(no judge btw people can be scared of anything)

• Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, Snow Frostflame said:

Currently I have a blood phobia... I don't like large amounts of blood, it especially bothers me in movies and games when people die in pretty gory ways. Also I had to clean up a pool of blood at my work... still hate my manager for making me do that.

Also when I was younger I would panic if I was away from home for too long. I have no idea why, guess I really didn't like the idea of being lost.

Pool of blood?

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...