Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Post a pic of your Desktop Setup

chubzz

Due to the fact that I am indeed lazy unable to acquire the means to post pictures of my desk I shall describe it for you.

Ok so my Desk is made of glass actually.. Its a green glass desk, which does hold up fine mind you(Especially with my laptop being not anything super heavy.)

All I really have is my laptop, my headphones next to it, a wooden pencil holder with some random junk in it, and then on the bottom compartment of it I have pencils and rulers and random school supplies. My ipod sometimes hangs around, and of course I have my mousepad next to my computer.

Its alot cleaner then normal. I sometimes feel the need to clean it, but sometimes I don't and things get piled up around it and then I have all kinds of random things behind it :P.

I try my best to keep it clean. I don't have much space to store stuff honestly sometimes(Atleast not without cramming everything randomly intro cabinets and stuff :P)

My desk it realtively clean, not much to it, not that theres much space to have a mess anyways. I hardly have enough room for a plate.. :P.

:blink:  What is it with Bronies and crazy, half buried desks! (Oh wait, that's just us guys in general.)

I guess it's safe to say that none of us would land a job being Twilight's assistant. XD

• Brohoof 2

well as I said, I'm posting up my pictures of my desks. I have 2 true desks, and I have one "couch desk" that I do play games on when I want couch comfort. 

just moved in, so its still a work in progress  :P

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo.jpg

• Brohoof 2

What I'm looking at:

post-1147-0-56578400-1358402274_thumb.jpg

My entire desk/work area:

post-1147-0-37026700-1358402276_thumb.jpg

(Yes, I know that it's halfway through Janurary and I still have a December calendar hanging on my wall. Replacing it is on my to-do list)

• Brohoof 7

post-8804-0-74143400-1358403038_thumb.jpg

My dorm room desk.

It's plain nothing much special 

As you can see, I'm a huge pokemon fan

Info on my laptop

MacBook Pro

Processor  2.9 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory  8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Data Capacity: 750GB Hardrive 

I don't have any desk in my house (mostly because I need the extra space to put my other things at), and my desk at work is anything but organized. I have an empty water bottle, a huge crt monitor, a keyboard, a mouse, some papers, a fan, a bunch of receipts and dozens of pen.

If I got inspired, I might actually re-enact the Lunar Republic War in here.

Cords... cords everywhere.

*counts*

Damn, that's a lot of cords! Wait, no that's just one really long cord... man dis cord is everywhere!

Yeah being a music person there's a cord for my HQ mic, a cord for my gaming stand mic, a power cord for my laptop, a USB cord for my midi keyboard, a cord for my headphones...

Then there's the random electronic stuff. 2 gb laptop RAM chip, NVidia 7000-somethin card which doesn't work with my laptop, screwdriver, midi keyboard behind the laptop.

Then the junk food... ooooh the junk food... chips, pretzels, empty can-o-coke, eeyup... good stuff...

I have a very crowded desk...

• Brohoof 1

Well there is not much on my desk accept what you see in the pic.

post-9731-0-70233900-1358405118_thumb.jpg

List

HP Laptop

dual core i3

4GB of ram

500GB HDD

Two external HDD

1 500 GB

1 1.5 TB

A dual band N router

A cordless phone

iPod Touch 3rd and 2nd generation

An Exede satellite router

a Kindel

Two origami flowers

and other miscellaneous stuff.

Back desk

DirecTV SD DVR

DVD player

3DS

My old Droid phone

Shonen jump Year Book

LG 720P TV

That is for my desks

I'm not the tidiest guy in the world. I'd like to have a bigger desk so that I could have more room for all my stuff.

img-1090030-1-Photo065_zps817144d5.jpg

img-1090030-3-Photo068_zpsb78a2ce5.jpg

After my disastrous attempt at styling Rainbow Dash's mane, I thought it might be best to leave Fluttershy alone. I didn't want to subjugation her to such torture. img-1090030-4-LxdwA.png  

@@joeyh3,  

What I'm looking at:

dat cintiq...

My life/work would be so much easier if I had one of those....

Edited by Hansel
  • Brohoof 3

What I'm looking at:

My entire desk/work area:

(Yes, I know that it's halfway through Janurary and I still have a December calendar hanging on my wall. Replacing it is on my to-do list)

That Cintique is awesome! Does it work as well as everyone claims it does? I haven't ever met someone who actually owns one, I've just heard the reviews of people who touch it once and never really get to play with it in depth.

Edited by CloudFyre

post-11731-0-48447400-1358445149_thumb.jpg

When I'm in my room, and i don't have my things set to pass inspection, this is my layout. My glorious setup includes: a 13" Macbook Pro, iPad Mini (pocket, as i call it), RCA 19" TV, Galaxy s3 (T-Mobile), and a LG 500g (Tracfone)

Edited by Gcdm

IMG_0040.png

I don't like putting up decorations, so my apartment looks very empty since that and also since I do not own that many furniture. I have 3 desk however, each are for different purposes and this is my workstation.

That Cintique is awesome! Does it work as well as everyone claims it does? I haven't ever met someone who actually owns one, I've just heard the reviews of people who touch it once and never really get to play with it in depth.

For the most part.

It is an extremely awesome tablet, and it makes drawing much quicker and easier than working with a regular Bamboo/Intuos tablet. However, mine has some issues with color calibration, namely that the colors appear desaturated when compared to other monitors. This causes an image I'm drawing to look fine on the Cintiq, but when I look at the image on another computer, the colors appear way off.

From what I can tell by searching the Internet, this seems to be a somewhat common problem with the model I have (Cintiq 12WX). It's just really annoying. Beyond that though, it works as well as everyone says it does, if not better. Though if you're looking to buy one, I'd recommend saving for a larger model, as they're made with newer technology, and you get a lot more space to work with.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, well, about that... I have this nice computer desk that I recently bought. Ha.. Ha.. It has 3 black cherry fizzy waters, 4 empty cups, a bag of catnip, a pink salt grinder, a box of popcorn, some pennies, and a bunch of trash. I am currently sitting on my bed since I do not feel like cleaning up the mess. @_@

My desk is  always a mess, i like to keep everything that i could need close to hand, nothing is worse than sitting through a massive editing session and not having a notepad to hand to jot down any settings used for certain clips.

Sooo, pictured in the spoiler (sorry for the darkness of the image btw) is my desk, various cables piled around, under that notepad is my edited videos external, sometimes i have my raw footage editing external on my desk too, i dont know why but i keep both my zippo boxes on my desk along with my zippos.

post-7214-0-11799000-1358528021_thumb.jpg

My desk isnt actually a desk, its the dining room table, we never use it so i stole it. And if you hadn't guessed it already, i took that picture sat in my chair, i tried to go as far back as i could :P

Edited by Lost

had to shuffle mine around a bit. my old dell laptop is starting to become a headache, so ive reduced it to music duties for awhile. but yeah, heres a shot of the current setup. slightly more spacious now too

P01-18-13_12-00_zps381c1847.jpg

I don't have a desk... I HAVE A BATTLESTATION!

It's enviromently friendly! Because it's made out of recycled materials.

A chair that I found outside, various pieces of wood from broken desks and closets, my desk chair I had when I was 12, and a 99 dollar recliner from Walmart. If that's not enough it's augmented with a Vault-tec bobblehead, a toy I played with since I was 2, my pony collection, my Pinkeh cards, and my Pinkeh plushes, and my limited edition Pinkeh card, that I always carry in my inside pocket right over my heart<3

Overview:

photo2_zps404dfcb2.jpg

Dashboard:

photo1_zps71d96e87.jpg

Side table where I keep drinks, snacks, medicine, random stuff, and a trash bag:

photo3_zpsad1b6dbb.jpg

Laptop-table:

photo4_zps46b68bb0.jpg

• Brohoof 6

I lay on my bed with a Coke on the floor and a TV in front of me...

I don't have much of a setup because my desk is right in the line of sight from the hallway, and I don't have a door to my room because my brother broke it off it's hinges. Thus, I lay on the bed with my computer. Absolutely KILLS the elbows.

I don't have a desk... I HAVE A BATTLESTATION!

You do not understand my jealousy.

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

i believe that we should have a contest to see who has the coolest pc just post a pic of your computer and some details of it if you want . a brohoof is a vote. pic with the most brohoofs wins! good luck here is mine

post-12871-0-34173900-1363641541_thumb.jpg

Edited by Artemis
added some tags
  • Brohoof 2

I've two computers

monitors 4x Acer 20" 1600x900

one on the left 

Corsair C70

i7-3770k OC 4.5Ghz

16 Gigs of DDR3 Corsair Vengeance RAM

Sabertooth Z77 Mobo

2x Radeon HD 7970 Ghz Edition