Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bladed / Exotic Weapons Thread

Chigens and Kay

I simply cannot stay away from this, I have three katana, two of which are very sharp, one of which is just for display and only cost me 5 dollars. And I have a very sharp combat knife.

Very sharp Katana #1

post-5757-0-41571000-1344302906_thumb.jpg

Very sharp Katana #2

post-5757-0-53840000-1344302944_thumb.jpg

Unsharpened inexpensive display Katana

post-5757-0-95045500-1344303009_thumb.jpg

Very sharp combat knife

post-5757-0-70483100-1344303051_thumb.jpg

Not to mention my 12 gauge shotgun that within arms reach all the time. But that is saved for a different thread.

Nice collection there. Do you study any traditional martial arts to use the Katana's or do you just have them?

Nice collection there. Do you study any traditional martial arts to use the Katana's or do you just have them?

I just recently started my collection about a year and a half ago, when I was bed ridden after my car crash I had a lot of time on my hands. Some of you may not know this, but I was actually quite athletic and did not spend to much time on my arse before my crash. But afterwards I could not do much of anything, I just sat around and browsed the internet, which I had not been familiar with prior to. I got compensated for pain and suffering, and used some of that money to start a katana collection. I want to study the traditional martial arts of things like kendo, but I have yet to do so. Edited by Bronynonymous
  • Brohoof 1

I just recently started my collection about a year and a half ago, when I was bed ridden after my car crash I had a lot of time on my hands. Some of you may not know this, but I was actually quite athletic and did not spend to much time on my arse before my crash. But afterwards I could not do much of anything, I just sat around and browsed the internet, which I had not been familiar with prior to. I got compensated for pain and suffering, and used some of that money to start a katana collection. I want to study the traditional martial arts of things like kendo, but I have yet to do so.

Kendo would get you back on your feet for sure! I have friends who study Kenjitsu, which is the better art for learning Katanas.

• Brohoof 1

Kendo would get you back on your feet for sure! I have friends who study Kenjitsu, which is the better art for learning Katanas.

I hired a personal trainer, and I am now about the same I was before the crash, except my stamina is almost nonexistent. I kinda fell into the bad habit of the interwebs and video games, and I cannot seem to stop. I still do active activities though, hunting mostly, but I do frisby golf also.
  • Brohoof 1

I hired a personal trainer, and I am now about the same I was before the crash, except my stamina is almost nonexistent. I kinda fell into the bad habit of the interwebs and video games, and I cannot seem to stop. I still do active activities though, hunting mostly, but I do frisby golf also.

Then you are certainly ready to learn to wield those weapons properly! Mwahahahahaha! Besides, its a whole lot of fun to learn weapons.

Then you are certainly ready to learn to wield those weapons properly! Mwahahahahaha! Besides, its a whole lot of fun to learn weapons.

Well I just need to find a dojo around where I live, and I do not know if there is one for sure, I know of a taijitsu dojo, but not of a kenjitsu dojo.
  • Brohoof 1

Well I just need to find a dojo around where I live, and I do not know if there is one for sure, I know of a taijitsu dojo, but not of a kenjitsu dojo.

Yeah, Kenjitsu is hard to find. I live in San Antonio. There is like 1 Kenjitsu school in the entire city. It is too traditional for most people.

For those wondering, we are on Martial Arts designed to teach weapons like the Katana. :ph34r:

Edited by Mindrop
  • Brohoof 1

I don't have this but I had to post it because it is just so amazing Posted Image

Like I said so amazing who wouldn't want that it looks like something in a video game. But it's real.

Talk about nonfunctional overkill that is totally awesome!!!

Well quite honestly I would not mind learning any martial arts I could get my hands on. As long as I do not get too hurt learning it XD.

Yep, turn yourself into a weapon! Tae Kwon Do is a good start, so is Wu Shu, and Kenpo.

• Brohoof 1

I don't have this but I had to post it because it is just so amazing Posted Image

Like I said so amazing who wouldn't want that it looks like something in a video game. But it's real.

That weapon looks completely nonsensical and impractical. You'd probably stab yourself with it.

But damn that looks cool.

• Brohoof 1

That weapon looks completely nonsensical and impractical. You'd probably stab yourself with it.

Who cares if it works as a legitimate weapon or not.

Sometimes, looking cool is all that matters bro.

Yeah it would probably take a lot of practice with a rubber one to keep from killing everyone in sight and yourself but I think it could be done and even after all that practice you would have to just stab who you want then take it off or something. And yeah it looks damn cool.

Edited by Black Star

I could learn to use it fairly well rather quickly because of my martial arts training. As long as my forearm is much bigger than hers (which it is) that allows for better control. It is built as I stabbing weapon, but cane be used to slash fairly easily. Still, their are many much better weapons out there.

I could learn to use it fairly well rather quickly because of my martial arts training. As long as my forearm is much bigger than hers (which it is) that allows for better control. It is built as I stabbing weapon, but cane be used to slash fairly easily. Still, their are many much better weapons out there.

The problem is it is probably insanely heavy and hard to swing but I think with the right training it can be used. Also does anyone know what it's called?

Late to the party here. XD

Posted Image

From left to right: Rapier, short sword, Unknown (it's not a katana, don't say it. XD), A small pistol style dagger, A broken axe. (we made the handle into a blunt weapon and use the top as a throwing weapon. I don't use the top part, because when my friend broke it, it flew and cut my side open. I'm paranoid of it. XD) and now the big boy:

Posted Image

Claymore. I don't know much about it other than my uncle picked it up at a flea market.

• Brohoof 2

Smokey mountain knife works for $20. We live near the knife works. XD I love it. They have a site you could buy it from if they still sell it. But I mostly would buy practical tools from there. (as in the huge machete we got for clearing off my friend's farm. XD haha)

• Brohoof 1

I have so many cool looking knives around here but I don't have my camera charged at the moment.

Since I already had the pic here's the knife I'm carrying now before I opened it.

Posted Image

Also I found some pics on here of the cheap katana I got as a gift.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I found batteries, here's just a small sample of the stuff I found around my room.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

i don't have blades personally

i prefer bludgeoning (hammers Shillelagh maglite 3d cell flashlight...)

i do work for some 1 who sells knifs and swards and we have this

1 skull themed broad sward and several other stuff

Edited by sheparddog

• 2 weeks later...

I love blades! Bladed weapons are the best! They're so cool. <3 If I ever became rich, besides having a library and an arcade in my mansion, I would want a room full of awesome and exotic blades and other similar weapons. I don't have anything myself now, though. -sigh-

But dude, you have the Master Sword?! Jealousy, jealousy everywhere. I only have a wooden one I painted myself when I was like 11.

I don't have this but I had to post it because it is just so amazing

Posted Image

Those are called katars (or suwaiya). They're from India. They are used in at least one video game series, though: Soul Calibur. Voldo uses twin katars.

• Brohoof 1