Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bladed / Exotic Weapons Thread

Chigens and Kay

Nope tongue.png

Just want to say that is an incredible looking weapon you have there. It's exactly the kind of thing I wanted to see in this thread!

post-10241-0-92682600-1358082258.jpg

Well, the metal is white and have some carving on it, but I rarely use that weapon. I told you I don't really like using sharp weapons didn't I? I have a little phobia to sharp pointed objects. Always want to keep any sharp point as far as possible from my eyes. :lol:

People's life isn't a thing to play with. One hit in Yunmen meridian is enough to end people's life. Not to mention Vagus nerve and other meridians. Human body is kinda frightening. You can accidentally hit somepony's meridian and kill them without even knowing. *shiver*

Sadly I don't have other weapons, but if you want to find more beautiful looking weapons, search the other Indonesian traditional weapons. Some of them are fancy forged. :lol:

• Brohoof 3

well I  broke down and bought this jian yesterday, dang now  i am gonna have to learn tai chi, I bought the last one they had in stockimg-387689-1-5e7kmu.png , only 135 dollars deliveredph34r.png , it is made by CAS Hanwei, and also I have seen quit a few nice looking swords in this thread! if anypony has any for sale I am always looking to buy! maybe trade sword for pony merch even, cause I love swords. I used to have a ww2 japanese officers katana, but i sold it cause i needed the bitsblush.png

.61hG5gm337L._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by simba86
  • Brohoof 2

well I  broke down and bought this jian yesterday, dang now  i am gonna have to learn tai chi, I bought the last one they had in stockimg-1302351-1-img-387689-1-5e7kmu.png , only 135 dollars deliveredimg-1302351-2-ph34r.png , it is made by CAS Hanwei, and also I have seen quit a few nice looking swords in this thread! if anypony has any for sale I am always looking to buy! maybe trade sword for pony merch even, cause I love swords. I used to have a ww2 japanese officers katana, but i sold it cause i needed the bitsimg-1302351-3-blush.png

.img-1302351-4-61hG5gm337L._SL1500_.jpg

post-10241-0-59968900-1355149338.jpg

Who needs weapons when you have Qi which can be used to breaks iron bar in one swing and protects you from sharp things?

Most Japanese katana are beautifully forged. The back side is made by many layers of steels, and is very good to parry. I like that, but it's such a pity can it's used ignorantly by people these days. I wince whenever I see people use the sharp side to parry, "You can break your sword into pieces that way!" tongue.png

By the way why don't you order it from a local blacksmith? It's always cheaper than buying one from a shop. Also, before forging your weapon, the blacksmith will see your body first. Counting the weight, the length and the muscles, resulting a great balance for your weapon. Usually it's not as beautiful as the ones sold in a shop, but it always has a better balance because it's made specially for you. That's more than enough for practicing isn't it? wink.png

I think that's Japanese tradition right? Making a sword for yourself. Since I'm not Japanese, I have no idea. laugh.png

Here, we usually have some weapons or accessories as family legacies. Hmm. Actually I like bow more than melee weapons. Melee fight feels too risky with weapons, and I'm more comfortable with using my firsts. I wonder if there's any cheap bow sold in my country. I broke mine a year ago. It was made from bamboo, and I accidentally pulled it too hard. Thank Celestia it's not a family legacy. They would have killed me if it was. tongue.png

Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 2

The greatest weapons ever made

img-381462-1-200px-Kusarigama.jpg

They are awesome! they are exactly like some of the soul reaper blades that are used in bleach :o!

Damn i want them so bad, where do you get them from?

• Brohoof 1

well I  broke down and bought this jian yesterday, dang now  i am gonna have to learn tai chi, I bought the last one they had in stockimg-1302351-1-img-387689-1-5e7kmu.png , only 135 dollars deliveredimg-1302351-2-ph34r.png , it is made by CAS Hanwei, and also I have seen quit a few nice looking swords in this thread! if anypony has any for sale I am always looking to buy! maybe trade sword for pony merch even, cause I love swords. I used to have a ww2 japanese officers katana, but i sold it cause i needed the bitsimg-1302351-3-blush.png

.img-1302351-4-61hG5gm337L._SL1500_.jpg

Drool%20Rainbows%20HD.png

I am seriously drooling over that thing! Fun fact, they call the Jian "The gentleman's weapon." Some of the most artful and skillful of forms are used in conjunction with that sword.

Who needs weapons when you have Qi which can be used to breaks iron bar in one swing and protects you from sharp things?

Most Japanese katana are beautifully forged. The back side is made by many layers of steels, and is very good to parry. I like that, but it's such a pity can it's used ignorantly by people these days. I wince whenever I see people use the sharp side to parry, "You can break your sword into pieces that way!" img-1302389-5-tongue.png

By the way why don't you order it from a local blacksmith? It's always cheaper than buying one from a shop. Also, before forging your weapon, the blacksmith will see your body first. Counting the weight, the length and the muscles, resulting a great balance for your weapon. Usually it's not as beautiful as the ones sold in a shop, but it always has a better balance because it's made specially for you. That's more than enough for practicing isn't it? img-1302389-6-wink.png

I think that's Japanese tradition right? Making a sword for yourself. Since I'm not Japanese, I have no idea. img-1302389-7-laugh.png

Here, we usually have some weapons or accessories as family legacies. Hmm. Actually I like bow more than melee weapons. Melee fight feels too risky with weapons, and I'm more comfortable with using my firsts. I wonder if there's any cheap bow sold in my country. I broke mine a year ago. It was made from bamboo, and I accidentally pulled it too hard. Thank Celestia it's not a family legacy. They would have killed me if it was. img-1302389-8-tongue.png

I feel the same way. "Blade biting" always makes me cringe. My Mom always has a similar reaction when furniture or architecture are wantonly destroyed in movies. I guess I got it from her, just with a different object.

Sadly, I'm not good with a bow. I tried once, but I think the range master is still looking for me. I've taken martial arts for years but it never felt "complete" until I picked up the sword. As I practice more and more with it, everything is beginning to "click" for lack of a better term.

• Brohoof 1

img-1302416-5-Drool%20Rainbows%20HD.png

I am seriously drooling over that thing! Fun fact, they call the Jian "The gentleman's weapon." Some of the most artful and skillful of forms are used in conjunction with that sword.

I feel the same way. "Blade biting" always makes me cringe. My Mom always has a similar reaction when furniture or architecture are wantonly destroyed in movies. I guess I got it from her, just with a different object.

Sadly, I'm not good with a bow. I tried once, but I think the range master is still looking for me. I've taken martial arts for years but it never felt "complete" until I picked up the sword. As I practice more and more with it, everything is beginning to "click" for lack of a better term.

Real gentleman doesn't use weapons.

Well yes. Especially in a movie where everything is arranged. If it's in real life, I can think "He might be not quick enough to use the right side" but in a movie! MOVIE! MOOOVVVVIIIIEEE!!!

Just wanna kick the producer. laugh.png

I love bow because they're indeed useful. It fulfills my need of range, beauty, and power. Guns are just "click death" and it's not beautiful at all. There's no art in using guns. It's not about killing. I hate killing. It's about art, and the beauty of human mind.

Melee weapons are too risky. That's why I prefer to learn human meridian system and martial arts. I combine them and my family's technique of inner strength (Qi) and extended awareness (implemented in blind fold technique) into a pretty good combination.

P.S. So I looked for available bows in my country and they're very cheap. From my currency, it's about $50. I will go buy one after I get a job. :wub:

Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 1

Most Japanese katana are beautifully forged. The back side is made by many layers of steels, and is very good to parry. I like that, but it's such a pity can it's used ignorantly by people these days. I wince whenever I see people use the sharp side to parry, "You can break your sword into pieces that way!" img-1302389-5-tongue.png

By the way why don't you order it from a local blacksmith? It's always cheaper than buying one from a shop. Also, before forging your weapon, the blacksmith will see your body first. Counting the weight, the length and the muscles, resulting a great balance for your weapon. Usually it's not as beautiful as the ones sold in a shop, but it always has a better balance because it's made specially for you. That's more than enough for practicing isn't it? img-1302389-6-wink.png

I think that's Japanese tradition right? Making a sword for yourself. Since I'm not Japanese, I have no idea. img-1302389-7-laugh.png

Here, we usually have some weapons or accessories as family legacies. Hmm. Actually I like bow more than melee weapons. Melee fight feels too risky with weapons, and I'm more comfortable with using my firsts. I wonder if there's any cheap bow sold in my country. I broke mine a year ago. It was made from bamboo, and I accidentally pulled it too hard. Thank Celestia it's not a family legacy. They would have killed me if it was. img-1302389-8-tongue.png

well i would do that but I live in the usa so we are kinda short on traditional swordsmiths at the moment, the only thing i cant stand besides edge to edge contact is people who "sharpen" their knives on a grinder and turn the blade into a mangled mess! I have a bow and arrows I shoot every now and then, it is the indian blood in me i guess

Edited by simba86

I'm usually just lurking around these forums, but this thread caught my attention :)

This isn't the best of pictures, since it was taken from my phone's camera, but here's what I own nonetheless.

pointyobjects.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Real gentleman doesn't use weapons.

Well yes. Especially in a movie where everything is arranged. If it's in real life, I can think "He might be not quick enough to use the right side" but in a movie! MOVIE! MOOOVVVVIIIIEEE!!!

Just wanna kick the producer. img-1302441-2-laugh.png

I love bow because they're indeed useful. It fulfills my need of range, beauty, and power. Guns are just "click death" and it's not beautiful at all. There's no art in using guns. It's not about killing. I hate killing. It's about art, and the beauty of human mind.

Melee weapons are too risky. That's why I prefer to learn human meridian system and martial arts. I combine them and my family's technique of inner strength (Qi) and extended awareness (implemented in blind fold technique) into a pretty good combination.

P.S. So I looked for available bows in my country and they're very cheap. From my currency, it's about $50. I will go buy one after I get a job. wub.png

There is something to be said of guns. They may not be the most elegantly designed weapons, but in the hands of a true marksman, they turn into something more than their design would tell. 

To someone who uses them, they are more than just "boom, you're dead." There is the series of safety checks and procedures one has to go through. The ritual begins before one even touches the weapon. Then there is proper handling, breathing, aiming. Lastly "squeezing" the trigger, anyone who says "pull the trigger" hasn't fired a gun in his life.

They may seem crude and vulgar, but like any weapon, it's value lies in how it is used and respected. A maniac with a katana is just swinging a sharp object around. A true marksman treats his weapon(s) with the same reverent respect any fighter does.

That's what distinguishes the Hillbillies and Yosemite Sams from the Roland Deschains.

I do not aim with my hand. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I aim with my eye.

I do not shoot with my hand. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I shoot with my mind.
I do not kill with my gun. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart.
The Gunslinger's Creed
Edited by Steel Accord

There is something to be said of guns. They may not be the most elegantly designed weapons, but in the hands of a true marksman, they turn into something more than their design would tell. 

To someone who uses them, they are more than just "boom, you're dead." There is the series of safety checks and procedures one has to go through. The ritual begins before one even touches the weapon. Then there is proper handling, breathing, aiming. Lastly "squeezing" the trigger, anyone who says "pull the trigger" hasn't fired a gun in his life.

They may seem crude and vulgar, but like any weapon, it's value lies in how it is used and respected. A maniac with a katana is just swinging a sharp object around. A true marksman treats his weapon(s) with the same reverent respect any fighter does.

That's what distinguishes the Hillbillies and Yosemite Sams from the Roland Deschains.

I do not aim with my hand. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I aim with my eye.

I do not shoot with my hand. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I shoot with my mind.
I do not kill with my gun. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart.

The Gunslinger's Creed
post-10241-0-59968900-1355149338.jpg

Well, it's that is. It's different with the term technique. Of course, a martial artist without spiritual mastery is a shame of martial art's world. I've met so many of this kind of people.

By the way, bow and arrows are bladed, and exotic as well. Why not? I would like to see exotic bows from many cultures. :3

Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 1

Well, it's that is. It's different with the term technique. Of course, a martial artist without spiritual mastery is a shame of martial art's world. I've met so many of this kind of people.

By the way, bow and arrows are bladed, and exotic as well. Why not? I would like to see exotic bows from many cultures. :3

this is for more along the lined of swords, spears and large knifes/

speaking of spears I have this one. it is a lot taller than it looks 

31MX1rWGMHL._AA160_.jpg

Ah, here it is, finally. Actually that was pretty fast shipping...

img-1172868-1-wak1_zps3c28a1df.png

img-1172868-2-wak2_zpsb4371bc7.png

img-1172868-3-wak3_zpseb350141.png

1060 steel and ABS polymer (not G10) grip slabs. Came sorta-kinda sharp. Need to make it shave.

i tried to pick it up, then i realized there was a screen in my way.........the sadness of reality...........

WELP, I GUESS ILL JUST HAVE TO SETTLE WITH THESE PIPES I HAVE LIEING AROUND

• Brohoof 1

well my jian made it today! it is really an awesome sword! I just have to sharpen it because some of the moves in tia chi can cut you if you don't do them right so sword makers send them dull to cover their own butts

I think I'm gonna buy a tomahawk soon, most likely a CS Trail Hawk cos it's cheap but solid.

It kinda looks like crap from the factory:

8mO4lyt.jpg?1

But with some paint stripper and wood stain....

s96vw1G.jpg?1

... it can look quite nice.

Well, I was torn between the "Trail" or the "Norse" hawk, liked them equally. The Trail had the hammer poll which makes it swing a bit better, but the Norse had twice the amount of cutting edge.  Decided to go with the Norse hawk because it was $8 cheaper, so it should get here soon.

It looks pretty cool when customized:

lathe1.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I think I'm gonna buy a tomahawk soon, most likely a CS Trail Hawk cos it's cheap but solid.

It kinda looks like crap from the factory:

img-1318396-1-8mO4lyt.jpg

But with some paint stripper and wood stain....

img-1318396-2-s96vw1G.jpg

... it can look quite nice.

Well, I was torn between the "Trail" or the "Norse" hawk, liked them equally. The Trail had the hammer poll which makes it swing a bit better, but the Norse had twice the amount of cutting edge. Decided to go with the Norse hawk because it was $8 cheaper, so it should get here soon.

It looks pretty cool when customized:

lathe1.jpg

I have several cold steel tomahawks, they are pretty good buy sog tomahawks are great! I bought this knife at the fleamarket for 12.50, it is a strider! It cost like 250 dollars new!

Also here are some picks of more of my knife/weapon collectionpost-1927-0-48831900-1364758050_thumb.jpg

post-1927-0-38081600-1364758364_thumb.jpgpost-1927-0-64975700-1364758388.jpgpost-1927-0-88671400-1364758411.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Nice, you have a fair amount of Cold Steel stuff, I see.

They came out with some new stuff this year, including a two-handed Viking axe and a smatchet:

cold-steel-smatchet-97smats.jpg

89VA_m.jpg

Also check out Condor, they have some really quality stuff such as their Golok, and it's only $40 or so. It's got a super thick blade (not my photo).

HpdykZp.jpg?1

• Brohoof 2

Nice, you have a fair amount of Cold Steel stuff, I see.

They came out with some new stuff this year, including a two-handed Viking axe and a smatchet:

img-1324198-1-cold-steel-smatchet-97smat

img-1324198-2-89VA_m.jpg

Also check out Condor, they have some really quality stuff such as their Golok, and it's only $40 or so. It's got a super thick blade (not my photo).

img-1324198-3-HpdykZp.jpg

I used to be a dealer for cold steel, they do make good stuff , BUT i had to send a lot of sub-par stuff back, like missing screws and loose parts, that is what you get when you move production to china, that smatchet looks cool but i already have a original one, oh I did just get a cold steel sword cane it is great! cold steel makes pretty strong stuff you can be pretty sure it won't break, but my favorite knife is my F1 fallkniven with laminated vg10 steel, it is the sharpest knife i have ever owned PERIOD!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, got my axe today. Works well for zambie defense. Hate zambies.

beforeaxter2_zps238c8a81.png

The bottom point is sharp enough to stab with, the top point, not so much.

i have been sword collecting for a few years  and i just started to get into Tameshigiri(the Japanese art of target test cutting)  and back yard cutting. i am the only sword brony on here? also what kind of swords you got?

034-1.jpg the bottom sword is my  Burmese Dha sword and the one at the top is my  slimline machete

my Onikiri Musashi Katana that i got on amazon for 32$

021-6.jpg

022-6.jpg

Edited by swordsman
  • Brohoof 2

-----

Hi there. Just a heads-up that I merged your thread with this one as they are of the same subject basically.

When thinking about making a thread, please use the search function beforehand~

ok i will remeber that next time. I use my swords alot and i getting better at it. here is something i did over the easter weekend http://youtu.be/hT3WLzuky70  from the sword fourm i am a member of  "Pool noodles are  actually surprisingly difficult to cut, mostly because they are extremely lightweight and have a springy texture so that if your cut is too slow or too hard, they  tend to just flop down out of the way and pop back up again to mock you!  In fact, I’ve even heard stories of people who are quite adept at cutting traditional tatami omote mats who have had a fair bit of trouble with pool noodles. It does take a few goes before you get the hang of cutting them, and as a training tool they are a fun way of testing your cutting speed and developing good velocity. At the end of the day - the reality is that Pool noodles also have a lot going for them. Not only are they are fairly cheap (compared to tatami mats), readily obtainable in the summer months and dry, but they also leave no permanent marks or scratches on the blade and are a great, fun challenge to start with!"

Here be my bladed weapons. Most are katana's and are for collecting or are replica's and are not to be used. I have one for using, but it became quite dirty after I used it to chop up trees.

lunapic_136631574336702_1_zpsee05d315.jp

The bottom two are replica's from The Last Samurai, the second from the top is a reverse blade katana. I had to get one after watching the anime Rurouni Kenshin. The top one is my usable one. (Hand forged by elves of old). Okay, not really.

lunapic_136631574336702_3_zps43916118.jp

This is Glamdring. Gandalf's sword from Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit.

lunapic_136631574336702_6_zpsdd20adb7.jp

Then there's these bad boys!

20130118_094206_zps47b5b864.jpg

• Brohoof 1